Adodd

Who are the best spiritual teachers/masters that arent talked about?

25 posts in this topic

Enough about Eckhart Tolle and Sadhguru Who are the best spiritual teachers that most people have never heard of?

One teacher whose teachings really helped me at a very difficult time in my life, and who still doesn't seem to be very well-known, is a guy called Jon Bernie - his teachings are focused on the energetic and emotional side of spiritual development, and I'd recommend them to anyone who's struggling to come to terms with strong emotions like anxiety and grief:

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

Honestly, Richard Schwartz, imo

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

Beyond the alchemy - spirituality and related subjects 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Mary Mueller Shutan is pretty good, I love her books - very helpful.

Koharalan

He understands that to make change in our lives we must deal with our own energies and learn to move energy through block areas. And he has grace from a true lineage of yogis.

3 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

If you wanna go deep into Buddhism, here’s a hidden gem. 

Wow, very nice.

Sadhguru is a fraud.

Gary Weber is good. He has written clear science based instructions that modernize Ramana Maharshi’s teachings, released everything for free and refused ever taking a profit from the teachings, and his brain was studied and was found to have one of the most advanced states of enlightenment.

https://jeffwarren.org/articles/neuroscienceofsuffering/

he has retired from teaching.

recently I like simply always awake aka Dr. Angelo Dilullo

https://www.youtube.com/c/SimplyAlwaysAwake

he is new and I don’t know how great his results are but he responds to questions.

Edited by Raze

The best teacher of all times ever who is very very very rarely talked about and not known very well at all is your own Inner Being, the Source of all, who you can directly tune to. 

Edited by Vibroverse

9 minutes ago, Raze said:

Sadhguru is a fraud.

I wanted to address this but I forgot.

I think he is, too.

There is something in the way he gives an answer every time that doesn't sit well with me. It's just my intuition, but everything comes out as "thought out" or should I say calculated, instead of just coming from some deeper insight.

The way he pauses for a slight moment before giving some answer when he is given a question looks like he wants to come of as knowledgable because that is the role that is expected from him. He doesn't seem genuine to me because of it. Sure he knows a lot of stuff, but to me that is just a philosopher, not a wise man, or someone close to some enlightenment or whatever.

Edit: Also, he never says he doesn't know something. Every question he gets, whatever the topic, he will have some answer. To me he's forcing it just because of maintaining the reputation.

Edited by mojsterr

On 2/24/2022 at 5:02 PM, mojsterr said:

I wanted to address this but I forgot.

I think he is, too.

There is something in the way he gives an answer every time that doesn't sit well with me. It's just my intuition, but everything comes out as "thought out" or should I say calculated, instead of just coming from some deeper insight.

The way he pauses for a slight moment before giving some answer when he is given a question looks like he wants to come of as knowledgable because that is the role that is expected from him. He doesn't seem genuine to me because of it. Sure he knows a lot of stuff, but to me that is just a philosopher, not a wise man, or someone close to some enlightenment or whatever.

Edit: Also, he never says he doesn't know something. Every question he gets, whatever the topic, he will have some answer. To me he's forcing it just because of maintaining the reputation.

Not really.

Everyone needs to say something that seems like it is 'thought out' anyway.

Look at Osho or Tolle. They took so long just to answer a simple question. Sometimes, Osho even have to look at notes before he can answer certain questions. 

Even Leo says consciousness involves intelligence. So how can Leo say something without having 'thought out'.

Sadhguru does not rely on scriptures. He even mentioned he doesn't read the Bhagavad Gita.

https://www.quora.com/Sadhguru-says-that-following-Vedic-scriptures-is-not-necessary-then-why-is-it-necessary-to-similarly-listen-to-his-speeches-follow-his-methods-read-his-books#:~:text=Sadhguru discourages all scriptures (including,experience over superficial scriptural knowledge.

Edited by hyruga

St Symeon the new theologian 

Vladimir lossky

Fr. Seraphim rose

Meister Eckhart

Dionysius the areopagite 

Gregory of nyssa

Dumutru staniloae 

Gregory palamas

Sri aurobindo

St Augustine

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

If you keep following humans you will never awaken.

These are all spiritual games. Not awakening.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The best spiritual master/teacher is the one in your heart.

The best bridge to your heart, represented by a physical mortal being, would be the humans that go by the name of Mahatmas. Yes, they exists. This should be a collection of letters written by two of such human beings:

https://theosophy.wiki/en/Mahatma_Letter_No._1

Edited by Guru Peter Jordanson

Clean your mind

On 24.02.2022 at 10:02 AM, mojsterr said:

That's no secret, he has his talking points perfected for 20-40 years of teaching, when he speaks he gives a performance and is not trying to come up with any new insight. That's the guru game you have to play to be the No. 1 Guru in the Whole Country of India.

That's not an attack on him, just a recognition of the role he has to play. In the mainstream, he is way more of a social and political activist than a spiritual guru for serious seekers. He would have almost no following if he was doing the second.

I remember Sadhguru saying that in his youth that he had a goal of awakening all people in the world in a few years. Then he realized how futile that is and that the world is not even close to understanding his teaching, then he had switched to what he is now.

@Girzo

9 minutes ago, Girzo said:

That's the guru game you have to play to be the No. 1 Guru in the Whole Country of India.

The whole time I was in India, I never heard his name or saw his picture.  Saw lots of others though.  No disrespect...just saying.