Leo Gura

Nahm Demoted

243 posts in this topic

@mandyjw I agree, this is pot calling kettle black dude, you don't relate to your audience that well at times and your posts about women leave a bit to be desired for sure.  And people have mentioned that to you and there isn't much change on your end that I can see.
We all have areas in communication we need to work on.  Heck, I am quite a fighty person by nature and have had to learn to tone it down the best I can - and it's going well.  I think that he did a fine job as a mod - so maybe he needs to make his posts a little easier to understand for us normies, I don't see why he should be demoted.  People change, they grow, give him a chance.

I love Nahm and it is clear that he is very conscious. Also, he has some very high-quality posts, especially in the meditation/spirituality section. I will have to agree though that most of the time he posts, he fails to recognize the distinction between relative and absolute. Communication and understanding relativity is key. You gotta be able to meet people where they are at. (I know there are no "you"s or "I"s or "posts" or "communication" lol)

@Leo Gura @mandyjw

I had noticed this problem long ago in this thread I made last year and told Nahm that. 

Sorry to break the bubble Mandy but Nahm doesn't give psychologically sound answers. It can harm the person who is asking the question.. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Meeting people where they're at seem a common issue... and he perhaps has more influence in this as a mod. Personally don’t have trouble with his style but I can see how some can get frustrated.

You're still loved @Nahm , I recall getting alot from your reply in my very first post here asking for help and getting a similar feeling of love and care with some of your replies to others. Don't change that about you. ^_^

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

2 minutes ago, Cykaaaa said:

Well, about the "it's just a thought" advice... if a person with some problem really considered and became conscious of this, it would probably be the best solution to his/her problem. Because isn't this the case? Perhaps the advice is too advanced, but it's on point.

Yes, it's the case. But only because something is true, that doesn't necessarily mean it's helpful - and in fact, this is a way in which truth can be corrupted I think and even be made untruthful in a sense.

Because Truth is Love. It's like saying to a homeless person "you're attached to your physical survival, if you could let of of your need to survive, you'd have no problems". That would be so out of touch and so harmful, even though it may be "true". 

Just now, Thetruthseeker said:

@Gesundheit2 this seems contradictory of a great teacher though 

to me a great teacher sees the world from the students perspective. Not continues to talk in his own language without any awareness of what’s actually helpful for the student to evolve. 

He really is great, but only if you get him. People should strive to understand him by all means, because that can unlock levels of intelligence beyond one's current comprehension. If you get it, that's cool. If not, move on. Others in the future can read and appreciate, too.

But realistically, not so many people can or have the time or dedication to do that. So most of his words will fall on deaf ears, which I don't think is necessarily a problem, but also the problem that I have faced directly with him is that sometimes you just can't communicate with him at the same level. He goes meta all the time, which is not always appropriate or useful. But that can be changed if he want to.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

With all due respect to Nahm, I completely agree with everything you said. I remember on multiple occasions I would read something he said, even very slowly word for word and I would still have no idea what he was saying. Also the majority of his responses are just about detaching yourself from thought and emotion and realizing there is no you, and I feel like for the majority of cases that really isn’t helpful at all, just like the store clerk example you gave.

"We are born of Love, Love is our mother" - Rumi

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9vkQMt-MlvK9Xvnf-Ji

4 minutes ago, Loba said:

@mandyjw I agree, this is pot calling kettle black dude, you don't relate to your audience that well at times and your posts about women leave a bit to be desired for sure.  And people have mentioned that to you and there isn't much change on your end that I can see.
We all have areas in communication we need to work on.  Heck, I am quite a fighty person by nature and have had to learn to tone it down the best I can - and it's going well.  I think that he did a fine job as a mod - so maybe he needs to make his posts a little easier to understand for us normies, I don't see why he should be demoted.  People change, they grow, give him a chance.

I understand your point but do you see that his posts could be misleading to the OP? 

The reason @Nahm has been using more of the "there is no you" talk lately, is because a) it's true and b) it's apparently very much needed on this forum, given the incredible misunderstandings coming from the latest "teachings" - the "I am God and the only being in existence" idea, which is indeed a thought. Solipsism is a thought, and Nahm is relentlessly trying to point that out.

I've thought about trying to do that myself (and I see the irony in the use of pronouns and past tenses here, can't help it), but the passion and desire to do it just doesn't seem to arise here. Ultimately I don't think communication helps, only introspection and openness, if we're lucky.

The so-called Neo-Advaita talk can get annoying, "I" get annoyed by it sometimes too - that is, annoyance appears and hopefully sooner or later it's let go of - but if it's met with genuine interest and humility it can generate the insight that generates true liberation.

Infinity CANNOT be grasped, there isn't a self who could possibly grasp it.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

3 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

He really is great, but only if you get him. People should strive to understand him by all means, because that can unlock levels of intelligence beyond one's current comprehension. If you get it, that's cool. If not, move on. Others in the future can read and appreciate, too.

But realistically, not so many people can or have the time or dedication to do that. So most of his words will fall on deaf ears, which I don't think is necessarily a problem, but also the problem that I have faced directly with him is that sometimes you just can't communicate with him at the same level. He goes meta all the time, which is not always appropriate or useful. But that can be changed if he want to.

If someone doesn't understand what's written, it's really not their fault. It's up to that person to explain with greater clarity, you cannot guilt the listener. 

This is like emperor has no clothes. 

Just now, Cykaaaa said:

Once I have really considered Nahm's advice and it changed my perspective on some "problem" I had.

Definitely. Most of our problems are completely made up?

@Preety_India No, I found his posts to be as helpful as what I could get from them, sometimes more, sometimes less - I figured I could just reread a few times to meet him where he was at - I guess I just don't have a problem doing that for people, or at least, I attempt to, for sure.

All he has to do is change his writing style to be a bit easier to understand - that's just something that will take a bit of practice.

It is clear he isn't the easiest teacher to understand, but that doesn't mean we should knock him down, either - as he's done his best to be helpful and polite and was always a good mod and people are kind of just using this thread to shit on him a bit. :/ It feels disloyal.

8 minutes ago, Loba said:

It's much harder to ignore and supress from the female perspective.  

I was terrified of this forum when I first came here a few years ago. Nahm was the only one who somehow made it seem ok or "safe". 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Same, Nahm was home for me. No shit, he saved me in most critical times, pointing out only I can save myself, guiding me to what I am, which is Love. It is a shame. People will wake up.

I really appreciate the mystery of poetry and riddles and I think the only questions worth asking are the ones that aren't immediately answered. Just because you don't immediately understand something doesn't mean it's worthless or wrong somehow or badly or carelessly written. Quite the opposite. Like a poem or a koan, feel into the words. Why is this... essentially art... being demonized?

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

1 minute ago, Nadosa said:

Same, Nahm was home for me. No shit, he saved me in most critical times, pointing out only I can save myself, guiding me to what I am, which is Love. It is a shame. People will wake up.

??❤ 

11 minutes ago, Loba said:

@Preety_India No, I found his posts to be as helpful as what I could get from them, sometimes more, sometimes less - I figured I could just reread a few times to meet him where he was at - I guess I just don't have a problem doing that for people, or at least, I attempt to, for sure.

All he has to do is change his writing style to be a bit easier to understand - that's just something that will take a bit of practice.

It is clear he isn't the easiest teacher to understand, but that doesn't mean we should knock him down, either - as he's done his best to be helpful and polite and was always a good mod and people are kind of just using this thread to shit on him a bit. :/ It feels disloyal.

I had many disagreements with him and I also directly voiced it to him because I felt completely invalidated by some of his replies. 

His style of communication leaves a person totally confused. It can lead to feelings of "spiritually undeveloped." 

I had told him that it's spiritual bypassing what he was doing. Although I didn't heckle him with it because I respected that he is a mod and he has been here for so long with good intentions. Yet I can't call a spade a bow. A spade is a spade. 

I got very little from his answers. Also there were certain points whereby I felt that there was no point in me asking a question because his comments would completely invalidate it 

People come here to seek help. They don't want such platitude to sabotage their threads. 

I had confronted Nahm long ago in this thread. 

I'm not saying that he shouldn't on the forum. But he can make his communication less confusing to members who open threads. Not fair to people who ask genuine questions. 

Edited by Preety_India