Yarco

Canada Has Now Frozen Bank Accounts of Convoy Supporters

58 posts in this topic

The whole thing should inspire people to emancipate themselfes from the goverment/institutions as much as possible.

Canada is one of the most democratic countries in the world. However, it is also a country that seems to take much responsibility for the collective. That's one reason why it is much more of a stage Green country than the USA.

Edited by Hardkill

On 18.2.2022 at 9:52 PM, Carl-Richard said:

You mean sue them and take them to court? Well, you see, if you want to be really technical about it, the legal system only enforces laws. It's not really about protecting "rights."

That's precisely my point.

Glory to Israel

On 2/18/2022 at 4:22 PM, Johnny Galt said:

There you are again, making outrageous statements. Maybe make another effort in your communication.

But yes, you are correct, ethnicity has nothing to do with political perspective, and yet you're casting all at this convoy as one in the same. As I said, this is messy and so be cautious on quick labels and exaggerations of what is what.

Sorry.

hrhrhtewgfegege

2 hours ago, Scholar said:

That's precisely my point.

And I just made a mockery of that point.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

On 2/17/2022 at 1:06 PM, Roy said:

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

This hit different. 

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

26 minutes ago, ZenSwift said:

This hit different. 

What do you mean haha.

hrhrhtewgfegege

On 2/18/2022 at 1:23 PM, Carl-Richard said:

Why are you not allowed to drive drunk?

people are still free to drink and drive though, a law just deters people from doing it because of the harsh consequences. people still do it all the time

with mandates people lose their jobs, cant go into restaurants etc.... 

i mean i guess people can work... they just have to find another job... or another career after investing years and lots of money on schooling and commitment.... which is wayyyyy easier said than done, its not easy to find work these days, especially during a pandemic, and especially since we have to no choice but to make money to literally survive,

and others i guess can go to a restaurant. they will just have to sneak in and be very skilled at doing that..... 

these vaccine mandates limit freedom more than a lot of laws do.

@Roy It's all good. Shit is intense and it's going to be a challenge for us all, myself included. This is going to be a sort of initiation for many of us, it'll bring up our shit and yet with that is the chance to alchemize, transform, and be born

10 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

And I just made a mockery of that point.

I don't think you did so successfully, because abstractions are irrelevant in this discussion, we have to talk about the actual laws in place. Also, I think the article your promoted was in regards to the rights of individuals, so that individuals must be provided with the ability to prevent disease to themselves.

There is a reason why we have medical ethics, of which autonomy is viewed as essential. Give this a read:

https://www.themedicportal.com/application-guide/medical-school-interview/medical-ethics/medical-ethics-autonomy/

I feel like sometimes people tend to just throw everything out the window without considering why we have certain things in place. Forcing people to take vaccines might do irreparable damage to society, as it completely undermines trust in both institutions and the medical system for a substantial portion of the population, leading them to be more radicalized and reject current institutions.

Faith in institutions is essential to upholding civility and social cohesion. We as a society have completely failed in unifying our perspectives, because we did not take responsibility for the trajectory of the evolution of worldviews. Our childishness is what caused people to be paranoid, and because we have not done anything to address the root issues, I think we can prepare for a future that might be far less stable than we currently think it is. It's not a good idea to just let everyone form their own worldview without giving them the tools to navigate a basically infinite information landscape, as we can see, the tendency for humans is to fall into fear, paranoia, victimhood and fractured identities.

Your lack of empathy for these people, which makes you fundamentally blind to the reasons why they are radicalized and fearful in the first place, is actually a far greater problem than the entire pandemic was. That is the root issue. Without resolving this issue, you are playing whack-a-mole, and you'll wonder why more and more moles come popping out of the holes the more you whack them.

Glory to Israel

1 hour ago, Scholar said:

I don't think you did so successfully, because abstractions are irrelevant in this discussion, we have to talk about the actual laws in place. Also, I think the article your promoted was in regards to the rights of individuals, so that individuals must be provided with the ability to prevent disease to themselves.

There is a reason why we have medical ethics, of which autonomy is viewed as essential. Give this a read:

https://www.themedicportal.com/application-guide/medical-school-interview/medical-ethics/medical-ethics-autonomy/

I feel like sometimes people tend to just throw everything out the window without considering why we have certain things in place. Forcing people to take vaccines might do irreparable damage to society, as it completely undermines trust in both institutions and the medical system for a substantial portion of the population, leading them to be more radicalized and reject current institutions.

This is getting blown way out of proportion, and it's partially my fault. I shouldn't have prolonged the semantic quibble about rights.

Again, all I did was balance out the equation that Axiom presented in the spirit of "do with that what you want": he presented the individual rights aspect (medical ethics, autonomy), and I presented the collective security aspect (preventative medicine, restrictions etc.; or in other words, the very reason that the entire world has decided to respond to the pandemic in the first place). I wasn't making any strong case for or against mandates. My stance is in fact that the entire equation is important, and I perhaps wrongly assumed that people would understand that. If you want to call that a vacuous, flip-flopping nothingburger of a contribution to the discussion, then be my guest.

1 hour ago, Scholar said:

Your lack of empathy for these people, which makes you fundamentally blind to the reasons why they are radicalized and fearful in the first place, is actually a far greater problem than the entire pandemic was. That is the root issue. Without resolving this issue, you are playing whack-a-mole, and you'll wonder why more and more moles come popping out of the holes the more you whack them.

I don't get the part where I displayed lack of empathy for these people. I'm the one who said "we all have an anti-vaxxer inside of us" for God's sake xD

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

It was handled very poorly by the government. There was nothing loving in the way Trudeau spoke about the protestors. 

As a result he just riled up the protestors more and has left the country more divided. 

Also check: liar.com - accurate.

Ottawa police claim a bicycle was thrown at a horse with the attempt to injure it, and yet, what do you see in this footage?

Video: https://rumble.com/vvgfg5-how-often-has-this-happened.html

Is it possible, that further down from what we see here, that someone actually threw a bicycle at the horse? Truth be told, we're only seeing short little clips, and yet, this is fucked up. Thoughts?

Ottawa News Bike.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-20 at 8.10.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-20 at 6.08.11 PM.png

Edited by Johnny Galt

On 2/18/2022 at 10:52 PM, Roy said:

If you want actual freedom buy a plane ticket and go live in Liberia, I hear it's great there.

Really?

People don't even have freedom to decide what goes in their bodies?

Anti vax is not anti mandates.

It's just my body my choice. Period.

Plus you can take the vaccines and still be anti mandates. It's not so hard.

8 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

This is getting blown way out of proportion, and it's partially my fault. I shouldn't have prolonged the semantic quibble about rights.

Again, all I did was balance out the equation that Axiom presented in the spirit of "do with that what you want": he presented the individual rights aspect (medical ethics, autonomy), and I presented the collective security aspect (preventative medicine, restrictions etc.; or in other words, the very reason that the entire world has decided to respond to the pandemic in the first place). I wasn't making any strong case for or against mandates. My stance is in fact that the entire equation is important, and I perhaps wrongly assumed that people would understand that. If you want to call that a vacuous, flip-flopping nothingburger of a contribution to the discussion, then be my guest.

Yes, I was assuming that you were making a point outside of just saying "Look there are security aspects to this too!". Well, that doesn't get us anywhere, because the interesting part is how we establish when the security aspect outweighs the individual autonomy. To just say that security aspects are a factor does not really tell us anything about how to evaluate this situation in particular.

I did not read all of your posts in this thread so I did not understand your position fully.

8 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

I don't get the part where I displayed lack of empathy for these people. I'm the one who said "we all have an anti-vaxxer inside of us" for God's sake xD

I perceived your position, similar to the positions of others in this thread, to be dismissive of the truckers and attempting to justify the actions that were taken, and then I provided my reasoning why I think that is unhelpful.

Glory to Israel

This sort of thing really lares bare the attitude of "Law and Order for thee, not for me", that's implicit to right-wing worldviews.

Support "Law and Order" insofar as it doesn't materially impact your life in any way whatsoever, then decry tyranny when your group is treated in a similiar way to marginalized groups that you demonize (such as Black Lives Matter).

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

8 hours ago, Alex_R said:

Now this mess is moving to US

It's gonna be fun!