kray

Deep insights without the use of psychedelics

56 posts in this topic

I need some insight in life right now, as I feel rather directionless and lost. This feeling has gotten me so messed up that its putting a strain on ALL of my relationships, to the point where I feel like I need to "survive" in this social matrix. For this reason, I've seen myself grow from cool, confident, and having spiritual security to being bitter, angry all the time, having feelings of jealousy and insecurity, and a general lack of stability. I know a lot of people use psychedelics as a means of stimulating their mind to discover "new perspectives", and because of that I have also wanted to try a psychedelics. However, because of my general lack of emotional stability in my life, I decided that I will not be taking a psychedelic anytime soon. Are there any other ways I can get myself to a certain "state" where I can get some of these insights? I know meditation is one way, but I also know that I would have to put in HOURS of meditation each day for many years just to open the door to these insights. Along with meditation, are there any other techniques (breathing or otherwise) that will take me to these mentally stimulated states faster? 

Here's a fun experiment.

Sit around, listen to this audiobook while seriously looking at your direct experience. Don't think of it as just another dude speaking, pretend it's your own Infinite Awareness speaking or something along those lines. God bless.

Screenshot_20220216-232441.jpg

Edited by TheAlchemist

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

@kray One of the quickest methods can be shamanic breathing. Leo has a guided video on shamanic breathing which takes 30mins. But before doing it be sure to watch the whole video. Trust me that technique is effective and im also a guy thats having a hard time medidating even for 10mins.

Spiritual transmissions/Shaktipat. Some guy on the forum made a very good and detailed thread about it earlier, maybe you can find it if you search.

Long meditation retreats.

But be ware, any technique you use to produce deep insights will have the potential to destabilize your life and mind. There is no way around that. Waking up requires facing your own bullshit.

Meditation, kriya yoga, shamanic breathing -- these can all be as traumatizing as psychedelics. You can't do deep spiritual work without facing your demons.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Long meditation retreats.

But be ware, any technique you use to produce deep insights will have the potential to destabilize your life and mind. There is no way around that. Waking up requires facing your own bullshit.

Meditation, kriya yoga, shamanic breathing -- these can all be as traumatizing as psychedelics. You can't do deep spiritual work without facing your demons.

So in a way, we just need to grow a pair and deal with our shit?

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

But be ware, any technique you use to produce deep insights will have the potential to destabilize your life and mind.

This is true. My first experience of losing the personality occurred during meditation. It wasn't pleasant. 

2 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

This is true. My first experience of losing the personality occurred during meditation. It wasn't pleasant. 

Hahaha same, I was panicing holy fuck

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

11 minutes ago, kray said:

So in a way, we just need to grow a pair and deal with our shit?

Proceed at whatever pace you can handle. Only you can know what you can handle.

Fasting works well. It is fast and gives you real results. There are many ways of fasting. With fruits, water, no water... whatever. 

Research about it, respect your body and mind, and go for that. It is uncomfortable. If you can combine with social media abstinence and cut other mundane shit while you are doing can be even better. 

See what is possible and works fine for you, respect your body and mind and go for that. even a small one-day dry fast can improve your energy and give you insights. 

Breathwork. Which is not to be confused with 'basic meditation'.

Try this. I loved it.

The fastest and most effective is to do 5 meo in a dose just below the breakthrough. Watching your ego structure unravel and re-form changes your perspective, and it's not intimidating.

@kray

Just take a break from everything and listen to Abraham Hicks videos on youtube for one day. 

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

1 hour ago, allislove said:

@kray

Just take a break from everything and listen to Abraham Hicks videos on youtube for one day. 

That is just what I was thinking. Just after I discovered her... ???

@kray Allow your own intuition. You know more than you know. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

2 hours ago, allislove said:

listen to Abraham Hicks videos on youtube for one day.

Bunch of BS. That will not awaken you.

37 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

That is just what I was thinking. Just after I discovered her... ???

@kray Allow your own intuition. You know more than you know. 

☺️☺️☺️

24 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Amen

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

C'mon OP doesn't want to use psychedelics or meditate daily... then it's a wise move just to listen to some spiritual teachers... like you ?... or AH.

Just now, allislove said:

C'mon OP doesn't want to use psychedelics or meditate daily... then it's a wise move just to listen to some spiritual teachers... like you ?... or AH.

The wise move would be to find a real teacher and get proper guidance

Just now, Raptorsin7 said:

The wise move would be to find a real teacher and get proper guidance

Stop.   You are given the highest teachings here.  All of it.  What you choose to do is up to you.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.