How to be wise

Shameful Joe Rogan

95 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Scholar said:

There will be a tremendous backlash, and the longer we ignore it, the bigger the backlash will be.

The backlash is a tempest in a teapot which will blow over in a few weeks.

It's foolish to try to deplatform Rogan. It's not gonna work and it's unfair to him. He's allowed to interview whoever the fuck he wants. In the end he's way less dangerous than right-wing talk radio or Fox News which has existed for decades.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

this is honestly mental.

I love joe rogan, he's such a breath of conscious air in a sea of non-spiritualness.

Yeah, he's no ghandi but c'mon - he's clearly very intelligent, self developed, authentic and wise.

You should be happy that someone of this caliber is actually the most popular podcast.

I can imagine much more damaging alternatives. 

I don't agree with any misinformation, but a comedian's podcast should never be your place for news. Just like you don't take what your friends say at the pub as something seriously informative.

@Leo Gura I firmly believe Leo going on his podcast would be worthwhile (similar to the Kurt conversation). Obviously, the articulation will need to be careful, but if ANYONE - joe is going to be open to Leo's ideas and maybe even fascinated. But damn, we have to also understand that stepping foot on such a huge stage is a brave feat and I don't blame Leo for being hesitant (in my case I would be scared shitless to speak on such a large show) - nevertheless, joe is in his 50s - if no one comes on there and provides a sound articulation of God-realization, it's very likely millions will never even stumble upon such revolutionary ideas again. Let alone actualize them. 

‘Stop Using African Americans To Do Your Dirty Work’: Tyrus Lets ‘Woke’ Critics Have It Over Joe Rogan"

"Billed as an “angry black man,” Tyrus argued that the people trying to cancel Rogan were doing so because they couldn’t compete with him — and when they failed, they dug through his podcasts until they found something they could use to manipulate more people into being mad at Rogan."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/stop-using-african-americans-to-do-your-dirty-work-tyrus-lets-woke-critics-have-it-over-joe-rogan

Vincit omnia Veritas.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It's foolish to try to deplatform Rogan. It's not gonna work and it's unfair to him. He's allowed to interview whoever the fuck he wants. In the end he's way less dangerous than right-wing talk radio or Fox News which has existed for decades.

By backlash I mean a backlash from reality itself. I don't care about deplatforming, but his and the nonsense of others will have consequences whether or not it's unfair, or whether or not he is less dangerous than right-wing talk radio.

The attitude of "It's not my responsibility that X happens" simply is not sustainable in an interconnected world as ours. At some point things will come and bite Joe Rogan in the ass, aswell as everyone who denied reality for so long. Reality won't care who was at fault or what kind of justifications they had for what they did.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

There will be a lot more backlash in the long-run the longer the conservative media, liberal media, progressive media, and alt-right media continue their divisive rhetoric. You even said in you Stage Green video, that the more each side tries to demonize each other then the more politically divided our country becomes to the point of being in a political stalemate, whereby virtually nothing gets done by the government for the country. Also, more and more people are going to get needlessly killed from all of this. This has indeed been very well substantiated according to late 19th century and early 20th century US history. Check out this thread I recently made:

Right-wings including Fox News, Newsmax, OANN, Alex Jones, etc. and progressive YouTube channels such as TYT and Secular Talk all absolutely need to eventually be deplatformed as well in the future for the greater good of our country.

Edited by Hardkill

He had a great opportunity to just say "I stand corrected. Wrong of me." Still you can just seeeeee how his idea tries to hold on 

- Enter your fear and you are free -

13 minutes ago, QandC said:

He had a great opportunity to just say "I stand corrected. Wrong of me." Still you can just seeeeee how his idea tries to hold on 

He actually did say that when presented with studies that contradicted his view, if you follow his twitter.

30 minutes ago, Scholar said:

By backlash I mean a backlash from reality itself. I don't care about deplatforming, but his and the nonsense of others will have consequences whether or not it's unfair, or whether or not he is less dangerous than right-wing talk radio.

The attitude of "It's not my responsibility that X happens" simply is not sustainable in an interconnected world as ours. At some point things will come and bite Joe Rogan in the ass, aswell as everyone who denied reality for so long. Reality won't care who was at fault or what kind of justifications they had for what they did.

From his point of view, you're the one denying reality. Just because you think you have the truth and he doesn't, doesn't make it so.

You cling to your beliefs as if they're the truth and every other viewpoint is a lie. Are you open to the possibility that you might be wrong?

Edited by vladorion

20 minutes ago, vladorion said:

From his point of view, you're the one denying reality. Just because you think you have the truth and he doesn't, doesn't make it so.

You cling to your beliefs as if they're the truth and every other viewpoint is a lie. Are you open to the possibility that you might be wrong?

Yes I am open to being wrong, but that doesn't change the fact that a fool is a fool.

Glory to Israel

I think he should be de-platformed, when saying stuff like this in the public eye... rude words, conspiracy theories... for sure.  He has gone backwards, I doubt it will get better...  he has a huge fanbase and needs to be cautious.  But he won't.  And that's why he should be let go.

If he isn't - this will get worse - so... people will take his place, maybe someone 'better'.

Edited by Loba

56 minutes ago, Loba said:

I think he should be de-platformed, when saying stuff like this in the public eye... rude words, conspiracy theories... for sure.  He has gone backwards, I doubt it will get better...  he has a huge fanbase and needs to be cautious.  But he won't.  And that's why he should be let go.

If he isn't - this will get worse - so... people will take his place, maybe someone 'better'.

I wonder what would happened if he got deplatformed from all social media. I wonder would happen if Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Google deplatformed every right winger in the country.

@Hardkill IDK.  I think he should be.  He is spreading bad info.  On black ppl and the virus... and he has a HUGE platform., let him go.  He's corrupt af.

Edited by Loba

42 minutes ago, Loba said:

@Hardkill IDK.  I think he should be.  He is spreading bad info.  On black ppl and the virus... and he has a HUGE platform., let him go.  He's corrupt af.

do you see yourself as part of the "cancel culture"?

@Scholar

3 hours ago, Scholar said:

You included?

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

He's allowed to interview whoever the fuck he wants.

I am very glad you think this way.

Trying to deplatform Rogan is where progressives go too far.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Trying to deplatform Rogan is where progressives go too far.

So, then what do you propose is the solution to stopping right wing radicalization?

2 hours ago, Hardkill said:

So, then what do you propose is the solution to stopping right wing radicalization?

Education