Raptorsin7

What Do You Love About Leo

42 posts in this topic

As someone who has been critical of Leo and probably deserved to be kicked off the forum a few times I wanted to take time to reflect on the other side of Leo. I know many of us on the forum can be very critical of him, but I think it would be a nice change of pace if we shared what we love or appreciate about him to balance out our perspectives.

I'll start.

I really appreciate Leo because he is the reason I started meditating. In one of his earlier videos he said meditation is the most important thing you can do to improve yourself, and after listening to that I just started a practice and was shockingly consistent. Years later I have grown and learned a lot about spirituality, and it all started with one of Leo's videos.

I also appreciate how relentlessly and honestly Leo speaks about and approaches the truth/love/etc. Leo really put himself out there and has been labeled crazy, mentally ill etc, but he really just pushed forward and let his pursuit for the truth guide the way. I'm sure it could have been easier to lie about his insights and play a safer PR game with his online presence, business etc.

I am really grateful that he created a forum like this for like minded people to get together. I have met the best people i've ever encountered on this forum, and I really cherish my interactions with so many different people on here.

He's a Master at communicating very complex, and often paradoxical ideas in relatively straight forward, cohesive ways. His videos can induce meta-understandings of topics, where previously only surface understanding existed.  He's fearless in the way he goes about living his truth, which by his example, gives other people courage to be themselves fearlessly. He is flawed and Human, and to me, that is not a weakness, but rather just more opportunity to learn from him what is flawed in me. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

The depth and breath of his videos are simply genius. And the time spent answering questions on this forum is quite remarkable. 

He is the most genuine and honest person I know. It’s a rare quality these days..

Also he helped me a lot with his ideas in my personal development.

I’ll probably donate to him for my entire life just for him to keep up with his work. 

That shiny noggin 

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

@Raptorsin7 making the work of self-actualization and enlightenment about Leo will do nothing for you.

A lot of you fall into the trap of idol worship over actually developing yourselves. Leo has reminded us time and time again not to make this work about him .. to do so is to make a mockery out of the teachings.

His deep passion for seeking and understanding truth. Doing the work to verify it for himself. His courage to share his personal journey in such a public way. 

Edited by Matthew85

3 hours ago, Terell Kirby said:

@Raptorsin7 making the work of self-actualization and enlightenment about Leo will do nothing for you.

A lot of you fall into the trap of idol worship over actually developing yourselves. Leo has reminded us time and time again not to make this work about him .. to do so is to make a mockery out of the teachings.

LOL

If you don't want to participate in the thread then don't comment. But spare us your sermon 

Edited by Raptorsin7

Hes bold. Fights for his dreams and does what's right 

Edited by Jacob Morres

9 hours ago, Terell Kirby said:

I agree with you.

But Leo also advocates “Stopping Once A While, To Smell The Flowers”. 
Its healthy to appreciate for what “you” have received in Life.

How boring of an existence to not appreciate Itself. 

For a man to sleep with a woman, and to dump like nothing ever happened. And vice versa.

For a beings to consume (eat, feed off of) one and other, and not to appreciate the meal and the life that was sacrificed for it.

For beings to learn from one and other, and not appreciate the work behind that Knowledge and Wisdom.

Yes, none of these examples above, matters from the Absolute Perspective. 
But since we are Living in Duality.
We need to appreciate one and other.

Appreciation can and will bring us closer to Oneness. 

Appreciation for what Is. 
Also not to get stuck in Idol Worship, like you said.
Its A Balancing Act: Like Anything Else In Life/Existence.

“Walked When Should’ve Run, And Ran When Should’ve Walked.”

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

A guy become honest, work really hard then he become popular ,he get success to go into his head and he start to capitalize on his fame and start to milk his popularity.this is the trend.and very very few people escaped this trend.many even go completely corrupt

It require honesty to move against meditation when u r  popular .a lot of his followers left.he could have played it safe but he remain true to his calling

Some people charge astronomical rates for their services such that people from poor countries would never afford it even though some of those service are like a cure to cancer

Leo is human.he has flaws and it is normal.but me and everyone have extreme standards for him that neither he nor any human on the planet can fullfill

He learns a complex topic and has the skill to explain it very well to a laymen

Edited by itachi uchiha

I love how his teachings about self-deception has helped me develop a tool to immediately shut down some inner demons when they arise. Like that whole one about, "X Could mean/be doing this, OR, X is actually that or is doing that." Like, she may not text you back because she's ghosting you, OR she's genuinely busy. She may be with that other guy because he's more of a thug type, OR, he's actually a really sweet guy who treats her right and she loves him for that and he just so happens to be tall and just wears a gold chain for style or to blend in socially or conform to social norms, and you're just projecting your own prejudices and insecurities. OR, maybe she's not the type of woman you want anyways, and one chick you find attractive being with some guy you're comparing yourself to isn't an indicator that you can't pull another chick who looks like that who would fall in love with you, assuming you want that.

I love how he looks like Nosferatu.

I love the fact that he doesn't seem to ban or blast anyone for criticizing him or going up against his advice, so that shows character and that he's not a cult leader at least. OR, maybe no! Idk, I'm new here.

Edited by CodyXarex

8 hours ago, Vincent S said:

I agree with you.

But Leo also advocates “Stopping Once A While, To Smell The Flowers”. 
Its healthy to appreciate for what “you” have received in Life.

Yeah .. but ultimately, you need to give yourSelf the credit for Leo’s existence, and all that you “love” about him.

Dont be so quick to put your guru on a pedestal is all that I am saying.

If Leo killed your mother, would you still love him? If you answer is no, then your “love” him only because he serves your ego. Which is okay .. your entitled to that, just be realistic about this ordeal.

Edited by Terell Kirby

A lot of things, but perhaps most importantly is the most obvious, which is that most of his content is for free. And all of it is organized and categorized for your needs.

And even though I tend to criticize him a lot, the truth is that I could write a very long list about the things I admire about Leo and respect him for. I just think that the good things are too obvious to state, and that's why I tend to highlight the blind-spots through criticism.

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

25 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

Yeah .. but ultimately, you need to give yourSelf the credit for Leo’s existence, and all that you “love” about him.

Dont be so quick to put your guru on a pedestal is all that I am saying.

If Leo killed your mother, would you still love him? If you answer is no, then your “love” him only because he serves your ego. Which is okay .. your entitled to that, just be realistic about this ordeal.

Thank you for putting it in a different light. <3
I get what you are pointing to. I really do.
But:

27 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

Yeah .. but ultimately, you need to give yourSelf the credit for Leo’s existence,

Isnt giving my Self/self the credit = Serving my Ego/ego? no matter Higher Self Ego or lower self ego?

Lately I have been working with a new approach with relating to "other" people.
Instead of knowing them as other than me. I take them as me, and me as them.
So, in this case. When I am appreciating Leo: Who am I really appreciating?
Of course: Myself. Or the word I prefer to use here is: Appreciating What IS.

36 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

If Leo killed your mother, would you still love him? If you answer is no, then your “love” him only because he serves your ego.

It doesnt have to be that black and white you know.. Serving you or killing your mother.
So, everything you have recieved in your life and whatever it was: When you liked it: Does it mean that you shouldnt appreciate it, because
you should be afraid that it will serve your ego?
How would anything have functioned in the slightest if everything you did: You had to be on your toes and fear that: "I cant show appreciation towards this thing I like. Because its serving my ego?"

That would be like asking someone: Would you love your body even if the air you breathe in, kills your mother? Because breathing air in serves your existence/ego?

Please.
Get out of this black and white way at looking at reality.

With all due respect.

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

4 minutes ago, Vincent S said:

Isnt giving my Self/self the credit = Serving my Ego/ego? no matter Higher Self Ego or lower self ego?

Self is not the same as self.

The lower case you is your human identity, that which your ego feels most comfortable being.

The Higher case You is God itself, creator of existence.. including your ego .. including Leo and all other humans you put on a pedestal.

To not recognize the distinction is to live a deluded life, one deserving of Love nonetheless.

Edited by Terell Kirby

14 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

The Higher case You is God itself, creator of existence.. including your ego .. including Leo and all other humans you put on a pedestal.

All the humans I am "Putting on a Pedestal": Is God. Its Gods Creation. Your/Mine And Everything We Have Ever Experienced: Is God.

14 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

To not recognize the distinction is to live a deluded life, one deserving of Love nonetheless.

There is no distinction here, my friend.
You think that: When I am Appreciating whatever Is = Putting it on a pedestal. And being a Stage Blue Idol Worshipper.

Thats not the case at all <3
I am pointing to a different way of Appreciation.

Edited by Vincent S