Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WokeBloke

What moves the body?

22 posts in this topic

Curious to hear some views on this.

I'm asking what is responsible for the movement of the body? What causes the body to move or what determines the body's movements?

4 minutes ago, Bacher said:

Your energy 

what moves my energy?

Nothing determines the movement of the body. Its movement is "part of" the cosmic process (which has no parts), spontaneous and without determining force. 

Whatever physiological processes there are that "cause" movement (e.g. muscle fibers etc.), they are also just an expression of the spontaneous and im-mediate, i.e. unmediated, undivided process that is the universe. 

45 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

Everything and nothing. 

☝?

your body is a perfect energy pattern where each atom occupies an exact place, continually being exchanged for new atoms. a structure of inconceivable complexity. It is the same thing that makes you move that what makes that every time you breathe millions of atoms are expelled and millions more take their exactly place: the infinite mind of God 

A. What moves A? B. What moves B? C. What moves C? D. 

It is, deal with it, consciousness all the way down. 

The body just moves and then the sense of self claims "I did that"

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Osmosis of consciousness gives the appearance something is moving the body.

You move your body dont you? or am I just nuts around here? ha 

Question is what the hell are you beyond all these mere human words 

Sure your a human but thats a relative state isnt it? meaning this is gona be over soon so time to get serious about enlightenment 

Aint that right kids? 

Something about Nothing - Everything - Love 

Do me a favour

wink wink 

na i mean mate 

hopefully the body moves the body lol. Self-moving. Self-controlled.

Edited by WokeBloke

1 hour ago, WokeBloke said:

hopefully the body moves the body lol. Self-moving. Self-controlled.

This reminds me of a short poem about the problem with overthinking things.

The Centipede's Dilemma

A centipede was happy - quite!
Until a toad in fun
Said, "Pray, which leg moves after which?"
This raised her doubts to such a pitch,
She fell exhausted in the ditch
Not knowing how to run.

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

12 hours ago, WokeBloke said:

I'm asking what is responsible for the movement of the body? What causes the body to move or what determines the body's movements?

Wiggle your fingers. You do. What could be more obvious? 

(Not ideas of you, not ‘the one who / which is responsible’, or that which is moved, as those are thought / ideas of a you.)

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

If you really want to know, contemplate it.

Don't ask opinions to mental masturbate about it, but directly go for the only real answer there is, which is direct realization of what's true.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Just now, Shin said:

If you really want to know, contemplate it.

Don't ask opinions to mental masturbate about it, but directly go for the only real answer there is, which is direct realization of what's true.

I think proper thinking about it is important too. The more precise the thinking the better.

when you unconsciously tense a part of the body. It's not the body that is tensing. When one is attached to an idea or is stressed in the mind, he or she clenches and that makes the body clench. And that can even lead to stomach problems (many people clench their stomach when stressed), neck problems, headaches (the brain clenches too). 

Do you see where I'm getting at? 

Also, when one is relaxed in the mind. When one finds something funny. Or when one is so happy. Without conscious effort, the body finds itself smiling, or the body becomes stronger and with much energy. 

What moves the body? What propagates the body to smile? What propagates the body to clench unconsciously? What propagates hormones to become imbalanced suddenly (depression leads the immune system to weaken significantly)? 

3 minutes ago, charlie cho said:

when you unconsciously tense a part of the body. It's not the body that is tensing. When one is attached to an idea or is stressed in the mind, he or she clenches and that makes the body clench. And that can even lead to stomach problems (many people clench their stomach when stressed), neck problems, headaches (the brain clenches too). 

Do you see where I'm getting at? 

Also, when one is relaxed in the mind. When one finds something funny. Or when one is so happy. Without conscious effort, the body finds itself smiling, or the body becomes stronger and with much energy. 

What moves the body? What propagates the body to smile? What propagates the body to clench unconsciously? What propagates hormones to become imbalanced suddenly (depression leads the immune system to weaken significantly)? 

So are you saying most stuff is happening unconsciously and a little bit is consciously done? 

Qi

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

15 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

I think proper thinking about it is important too. The more precise the thinking the better.

No in this case, thinking about it makes it so you'll just mentally masturbate indefinitely.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them