PurpleTree

Your hair is part of the problem

34 posts in this topic

I really get his point

in todays world with mental health issues on the rise

things like vanity, fomo, so many options are part of what make people unhappy

although i also really do enjoy my hair and clothing styles and such it's imo part of the fun of a colourful life

but i think it would be great for basically everyone to go into a monestary or something like that for a year and this whole year don't worry about clothing, about hairstyles about none of that and see how it feels.

Not gonna lie but there were moments in my life where I wanted to chop off my long locks. 

I like my thick dark black hair but sometimes it feels like a burden on my head. 

I'm not sure if there is any spiritual significance to going bald like the monks do, but it seems to lighten the load that you have to unnecessarily carry around. :D

And this meme is kinda relatable. 

5ugg19.jpg

5ugfv2.jpg

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Thats why Leo is so awake!

Dont look at me! Look inside!

I mean he's right, the less you have, the less you have to care for, but that's just part of the game we're playing. He's playing the monk game, we're playing the social game. It can be great fun to worry about hair and clothesxD just don't overdo it

It's easy to be celibate when you're so hairy chicks can't even find your dick :D

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Are you a man or a bear then ?! :D

You've slept a hundred nights, And what has it brought you? For your self, for your God, Wake up! Wake up! Sleep no more.

14 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

wha, some decent style advise in there.

I am currently on 3 products to fight my genetic hair loss....and its been one of the best decisions I have made in my life.

Edited by undeather

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

2 hours ago, undeather said:

I am currently on 3 products to fight my genetic hair loss....and its been one of the best decisions I have made in my life.

what to fight the hair loss or to lose the hair?

what's funny is when i had awakenings/or near awakenings i came out of them playing with my hair

first went through hell, then came bliss then i was pondering the universe while playing with my hair which was a lot of fun.

now playing with my hair kind of reminds me of enlightenment and such

After going through a lot of pain, I don't give my hair near the same importance I used to

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It's easy to be celibate when you're so hairy chicks can't even find your dick :D

I wonder what Shampoo you use Leo? :D

16 hours ago, Tim R said:

I mean he's right, the less you have, the less you have to care for, but that's just part of the game we're playing. He's playing the monk game, we're playing the social game. It can be great fun to worry about hair and clothesxD just don't overdo it

@Tim R the good ol yogi/monk trap: Becoming attached to Non-Attachment.

Hair is beautiful. I've been especially interested in the special qualities of long hair.

There are many stories and instances where it is associated with strength, devotion, intuition, patience. 

The first time I shaved my head I did because I wanted to break some of my attachment to it and it actually did a little. 

"You Create Magic" 

56 minutes ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

Hair is beautiful.

I hate you ¬¬

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Currently growing out my hair again for donation #8 next year.

@Leo Gura Lol, Leo you are very handsome (no homo)

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

He makes good points about not having hair, but what's the point of shaving eyebrows lol ? 

Anyways... I've noticed from my own experience that shaving hair somehow lowers the sense of pride, I think that's the real reason monks shave their hair. Also noticed that cutting hair can feel like dropping a lot of the past and be somewhat liberating and gives a feeling of fresh start.

But other traditions say the opposite, I think in christianity it is sayed somewhere not to cut hair and leave them grow. In my experience long hair gives a certain sense of balance somehow.

So yeah, lots of different opinions like always ?

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

Hair ?

What is this ?

Can I eat it ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them