Terell Kirby

How many of us are awake?

209 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Terell Kirby said:

Not sure what is meant by this, can you please clarify?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Not yet, maybe in this lifetime I will, maybe not.

I get what it takes, but I am afraid of ego death tbh.

Edited by Loba

@Carl-Richard Ah I see, thanks for sharing.

Totally understand that awakening and the process of surviving can conflict. There are ways in making them work together seamlessly, but you have to really know what you are doing.

Best of luck with everything, hopefully you can return back to this work someday.

1 minute ago, Loba said:

Not yet, maybe in this lifetime I will, maybe not.

Yes, it's a beautiful thing if you are able to. Good luck.

Edited by Terell Kirby

9 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

Not a trick question.

If you never met the Buddha, how can you say what he was really like (outside of the stories you've been told)?

Even further, the Buddha (and his mental capacities), is something you are imagining as God. One who is truly awake understands this at a very deep level.

Reminds me of the quote: 
“There is Buddha for those who do not know what he is really. There is no Buddha for those who know what he is really.”
~ Kobori Nanrei

11 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

Not a trick question.

If you never met the Buddha, how can you say what he was really like (outside of the stories you've been told)?

Even further, the Buddha (and his mental capacities), is something you are imagining as God. One who is truly awake understands this at a very deep level.

Well I don't know any stories about buddha. I just know that people say there was a guy without a single spot of ignorance. And they gave him a name "Buddha" because of that. 

So, what's your point? I'm having a hard time following what are we talking about ?

?

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

2 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Well I don't know any stories about buddha. I just know that people say there was a guy without a single spot of ignorance. And they gave him a name "Buddha" because of that. 

The stuff people tell you are stories / fantasies that they have also constructed in their own minds.

Stories and fantasies are like mind viruses that pass from generation to generation.

Notice that you have no direct experience of a Buddha outside of what humans have told you. To take their words as Truth is the ignorance in which you speak about.

Edited by Terell Kirby

29 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

For example, I have realized that I am God. But when I'm dealing with everyday annoyances (bad co-worker, congested traffic, routine health issues), recognizing that I am constructing all of it becomes difficult to maintain. I am working at constantly being aware / mindful :)

It's probably easier to just get lost in everyday life and not think much about being God. You would probably just remain alone in the void for eternity, without creating the universe, if you wanted to be aware of that fact constantly.

5 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

The stuff people tell you are stories / fantasies that they have also constructed in their own minds.

Stories and fantasies are like mind viruses that pass from generation to generation.

Notice that you have no direct experience of a Buddha outside of what humans have told you. To take their words as Truth is the ignorance in which you speak about.

Yeah, so what. I don't care whether he existed or not. What I sayed was: we're all retarded and stupid to different degrees, those who overcome their ignorance fully are buddhas. I didn't mean Gautama the historical entity, I meant a liberated being. Buddha is just another name for someone who is not a retard. ? 

Sorry I don't know why this conversation is happening it seems kinda going in circles about nothing ? 

Regards, ?

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

13 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

It's probably easier to just get lost in everyday life and not think much about being God. You would probably just remain alone in the void for eternity, without creating the universe, if you wanted to be aware of that fact constantly.

What do you mean by void and alone ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

4 minutes ago, Shin said:

What do you mean by void and alone ?

Infinite Nothingness. God in its purest form. Without the illusion of reality.

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

Infinite Nothingness. God in its purest form. Without the illusion of reality.

Ok, but keep in mind that right now is already infinite nothingness, and you can't be alone in it cause to be alone implies you believe there is another to begin with.

Sorry If I've assumed wrong about what you believe in, then my bad, but I prefer that to be clear ^^

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Terell Kirby

58 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

Did you ever meet the Buddha?

I think you mean to quote Gautama Buddha,

Buddha in essence means the awoken one, so everyone's a Buddha, in their degrees ?

I simply find that being in the present moment translates to some sort of an awakened state. 

14 minutes ago, Shin said:

Ok, but keep in mind that right now is already infinite nothingness, and you can't be alone in it cause to be alone implies you believe there is another to begin with.

Sorry If I've assumed wrong about what you believe in, then my bad, but I prefer that to be clear ^^

I don't know which other term to use for the only Being in existence. Yes, I'm aware that this is still nothing appearing as something but that's an illusion that God has created for itself.

1 hour ago, Fearless_Bum said:

@Terell Kirby I can't do this anymore ?. I've been lying the whole time.

Notice how anyone can say they've realized God, the words don't mean anything. 

There's no logical answers to questions that guarantee Realization has happened in someone. Any assumption you make is your assumption.

@Tyler Durden the whole "I'm God" thing will pass, keep it to yourself man for your own good. 

Stick to the practice and forget about God. 

It is true that the words don't mean much. I think it's clear that some people mistake their thoughts for direct realization. I've seen many posts on this forum about people that develop anxiety and depression over their apparent God realization, but it seems obvious to me they are still caught up in thought and projecting a meaning on to God realization. Even worse some people develop yet another spiritual ego about it. If Love isn't at the forefront of your being then you need to reevaluate where you're at on this path. 

43 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

It's probably easier to just get lost in everyday life and not think much about being God.

Funny thing is that God is God, without having to think about it lol. God requires no such thinking or theorizing.

13 minutes ago, Username said:

One

True, but it's a question of capacity and degree. The One you speak of can be lost in some universes, and quite conscious in others.

2 minutes ago, kamwalker said:

I think it's clear that some people mistake their thoughts for direct realization. 

You are criticizing the process of thought through your own thinking (we call this circular reasoning).

This is your assumption, rooted in arrogance and denial.

You guys should all put on your judge wigs and continue speaking about how awake you are :P.

3 minutes ago, Fearless_Bum said:

You guys should all put on your judge wigs and continue speaking about how awake you are :P.

Didn't you make an entire thread about your awakening process lol?