Terell Kirby

How many of us are awake?

209 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Terell Kirby said:

Material form is unreal, what’s real is the formless God-head…and you are it

The formless godhead is a concept — a name given to a particular appearance. When liberation happens, there is absolutely no sense of being located in or as anything, including the formless godhead.

2 hours ago, Moksha said:

As I see it (xD), what seems to be happening is not ultimately real. There is nobody verifying anything, only Consciousness playing the game of apparent separation. This, as it appears, is only a dream. The deep truth is that the dream is just a dream.

It's the best and only show in town! 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

9 hours ago, The0Self said:

The formless godhead is a concept

This is your resistance.

9 hours ago, The0Self said:

When liberation happens

What is being liberated?

See..in your experience there is a subjective experiencer of reality, and deep down, you know that experiencer to be none other than YOU…the Self…the formless Godhead

Why do you insist on denying the existence of the Self? Your ego is getting some pay off from it. I am curious if that is due to some avoidance of responsibility that entails going all the way.

Truth be told, this process of tapping into Self is endless. Claiming no Self gives you an excuse to rest, thinking that there is some end to this journey. But alas, reality will eventually show you otherwise.

On a humorous note: I’m assuming, but your username gives me much insight lol. Be careful that your ego does not form an identity around “having no self”.. that’s a quick path to Zen devilry 

Edited by Terell Kirby

21 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

This is your resistance.

What is being liberated?

See..in your experience there is a subjective experiencer of reality, and deep down, you know that experiencer to be none other than YOU…the Self…the formless Godhead

Why do you insist on denying the existence of the Self? Your ego is getting some pay off from it. I am curious if that is due to some avoidance of responsibility that entails going all the way.

Truth be told, this process of tapping into Self is endless. Claiming no Self gives you an excuse to rest, thinking that there is some end to this journey. But alas, reality will eventually show you otherwise.

On a humorous note: I’m assuming, but your username gives me much insight lol. Be careful that your ego does not form an identity around “having no self”.. that’s a quick path to Zen devilry 

Username is a coincidence. Was into Ramana Maharshi at the time.

There is no denial here at all. Being god is what’s appearing to happen — It’s just the absolute appearing as that. You’re speaking as if you’re not hearing me.

I’m not claiming no self, there’s simply just what’s appearing. There isn’t “a no self.”

3 minutes ago, The0Self said:

Being god is what’s appearing to happen

Being God is not an appearance, it is the sole key to your awakening.

17 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

Being God is not an appearance, it is the sole key to your awakening.

Well that’s funny because appearance is all there is, and there’s no separation between what appears. Being god is what happens when you self inquire to the end, but that doesn’t end the dream. God realization almost has more to do with kundalini stuff than awakening lol it’s just a (very awesome and admittedly absolutely amazing and very interesting) dream.

Liberation/awakening is the end of personal location and doership. There’s just what is. It’s just the end of the seeker which was not an activity, but an energy that can’t be grasped or even objectified or seen until it’s gone. It’s too simple to understand. We are talking about radically different things. I’m done here. Good luck. Enjoy your god realization.

Edited by The0Self

15 hours ago, Moksha said:

Awakening is the opposite of questions. It is direct realization of your true nature, beyond conceptualization. If you find yourself asking a lot of questions, that is ok. Eventually you will let go of the questions, and realize the answer which is already within you.

@Moksha thank you, but maybe I worded that wrong. I mean what is worth investigating and what is something that I'm wasting my time investigating when trying to discover my true nature.?

. For instance, I would assume that investigating the "I" and what that is, would be a neccecary process while focusing on lucid dreaming may be a distraction. Kriya yoga may be a useful tool while a western yoga excercise class may be less useful. I am always hearing that a person  is either on the path to awakening or they are not. As someone who wishes to awaken, I would love to hear from those who have awoken, what is a waste of time or distraction vs what is helpful in reaching awakening. What practices are helpful on this path vs what practices are not. What are powerful practices that are worth fully engaging in.

Things I am engaging in include: sitting meditaton, psychedlics, contemplation and readong different spiritual books.

Edited by Adodd

2 minutes ago, Adodd said:

@Moksha thank you, but maybe I worded that wrong. I mean what is worth investigating and what is something that I'm wasting my time investigating when trying to discover my true nature.?

. For instance, I would assume that investigating the "I" and what that is, would be a neccecary process while focusing on lucid dreaming may be a distraction. Kriya yoga may be a useful tool while a western yoga excercise class may be less useful. I am always hearing that a person  is either on the path to awakening or they are not. As someone who wishes to awaken, I would love to hear from those who have awoken, what is a waste of time or distraction vs what is helpful in reaching awakening. What practices are helpful on this path vs what practices are not. What are powerful practices that are worth fully engaging in.

Seeing repeatedly (thousands of times) that things aren’t as they seemed and aren’t as solid as they seemed. Relaxation. Love. Etc. My favorite book on the whole process, if one wants to go the meditative route, is Rob Burbea’s Seeing That Frees.

34 minutes ago, Adodd said:

Things I am engaging in include: sitting meditaton, psychedlics, contemplation and readong different spiritual books.

Dont' think in term of most useful and less useful, think in term of most enjoyable for you and less enjoyable or more interesting and less interesting, for you.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

1 hour ago, Adodd said:

There are helpful steps you can take to prepare for awakening, including those you are already doing (meditation, pondering spiritual writings, etc.). The eastern mystics used the Neti neti method. The path to awakening is unique for each of us. Do whatever brings spaciousness to your life, and frees you from your thoughts.

What I meant was not to get so caught up in preparing that you clutter your mind with a long to do list, rather than learning to let go of the mind. Awakening is simply the direct realization of who you are, and it is entirely free from thoughts.

Preparation is important, but awakening happens when Consciousness is ready to make it happen. Enjoy the journey ?

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

On 11/9/2021 at 9:46 AM, Terell Kirby said:

I asked you who is the Creator? The proper answer is You.

I am awakened, and I agree.

On 11/9/2021 at 9:52 AM, Someone here said:

When you are awake.. Everyone else are awake. 

When you are not awake.. Everyone else are not awake. 

False

On 11/9/2021 at 10:22 AM, Flowerfaeiry said:

I would say there are many of us here who have awoken, however the degrees to which we have probably varies.

I agree.

On 11/9/2021 at 10:27 AM, Terell Kirby said:

There is no reversal.

I agree

On 11/9/2021 at 7:11 PM, Tyler Durden said:

If you become lucid inside a dream, you realise that you are not just a dream avatar but the entire dream and all other dream characters are actually you. Becoming awake in waking life is very similar to that experience.

I agree

On 11/9/2021 at 9:28 PM, Moksha said:

Enlightenment is not only the realization, but the actualization that there are no others.

Exactly. Awakening is the realization. Enlightenment is the embodiment and actualization.

Awakening =/= Enlightenment

On 11/9/2021 at 6:28 PM, Moksha said:

The vast majority of people that consider themselves enlightened are fooling themselves.

IDK if it is the vast, but I agree.

On 11/10/2021 at 0:28 AM, BipolarGrowth said:

Being awake is overrated. 

HAHA!

No.

It's the biggest success ever.

On 11/10/2021 at 7:27 AM, Carl-Richard said:

Awake? Maybe. Persistent non-symbolic awareness? Nah. That stuff is mindblowing.

There you go!

On 11/10/2021 at 11:51 AM, BipolarGrowth said:

Do awake people spend their time being arbiters of who is awake by making assumptions of someone else’s whole life based on a single sentence? ?

Yes, sometimes. And we sometimes go to the mountains to smoke some good weed. No big deal we are discerning not judging.

23 hours ago, Moksha said:

I have directly realized my nature as God, but I am still far from enlightenment, which is the permanent end of suffering.

Exactly

you

get

it!

23 hours ago, Moksha said:

Awakening rarely results in immediate ego death. You realize your nature as God, but this realization doesn't instantly dissolve your attachments and desires.

I agree but it did happen to me. I awakened and it instantly killed my monkey mind chatter. But after a week my monkey mind chatter came back.

I was enlightened for about a week. It was so peaceful.

I remember the exact moment when my monkey mind chatter came back.

I came back from the supermarket and I told myself: -"Wait a minute, haven't thought about anything in about a week!''

And all my attachments and desires came back along with my neurosis.

It's hard to explain. How can someone totally eliminate his/her inner dialogue specially if it isn't too positive?

23 hours ago, BenG said:

how did you KNOW you really awoke?

It's a sense of: -"I get it. I totally get it. The mystics were not bullshitting us. I know now exactly what they were talking about. They were not trying to look special. They were just communicating their experiences."

Edited by Arcangelo

22 minutes ago, Arcangelo said:

No big deal we are discerning not judging.

Yeah ... sure xD

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them