Terell Kirby

How many of us are awake?

209 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, The0Self said:

The thing that gets enlightened is simply obliterated, not made more awake or more conscious.

God is formless and can’t be obliterated. That applies only to material form.

15 minutes ago, Username said:

Yes. Everything is God, but if you lick a toilet seat in a public bathroom it will have a different flavour than vanilla ice cream ;)

This has nothing to do with realizing that you are God.

2 minutes ago, Username said:

Enlightenment is rather about raising your baseline consciousness level to a certain point when you no longer identify with your ego.

Sounds like mindfulness (which I’d recommend to nearly everyone) not enlightenment (which is more like getting struck by lighting and thus I would not recommend).

It can be pointed to in a lot of ways but really it’s very simply the end of the felt reality of personal doership. A lot can be revealed in that, including the revelation that absolutely nothing is solid or knowable, and there’s no real context or limit, and there’s no separation at all, only the whole.

You know how most people who contemplate heavily probably understand that there’s no free will, yet they feel they have it? It’s the end of feeling like you have it, because there’s no one left to have it.

I get glimpses of nonduality sometimes but mainly I'm too busy dealing with my stages blue and orange shadows ha ha :D 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

3 minutes ago, snowyowl said:

I get glimpses of nonduality sometimes but mainly I'm too busy dealing with my stages blue and orange shadows ha ha :D 

You can still be orange and blue and get some form of awakening. Don’t let your stage hold you back ^_^

22 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

God is formless and can’t be obliterated. That applies only to material form.

Nothing separates the 5 senses from each other, yet knowing functions to separate, precisely by connecting what is already not separate. This can make knowing seem special and paramount, and worthy of the label God. So awareness is reified and one recognizes they are consciousness/God. This is why some might say there is only one sense — God. But that is simply a state. There is no thing period, just formlessness being form.

Edited by The0Self

8 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

This has nothing to do with realizing that you are God.

There is no distinction between anything but we still perceive it. What I'm saying that I prefer to use word God to describe formless and shapeshifting qualities, not existence as a form. It could be used other way around - God as a totality of form - depending on preference.

I feel like we are getting lost in ungrounded concepts and going circles now 9_9

9 minutes ago, The0Self said:

Sounds like mindfulness (which I’d recommend to nearly everyone) not enlightenment (which is more like getting struck by lighting and thus I would not recommend).

It can be pointed to in a lot of ways but really it’s very simply the end of the felt reality of personal doership. A lot can be revealed in that, including the revelation that absolutely nothing is solid or knowable, and there’s no real context or limit, and there’s no separation at all, only the whole.

You know how most people who contemplate heavily probably understand that there’s no free will, yet they feel they have it? It’s the end of feeling like you have it, because there’s no one left to have it.

Enlightenment is artificial concept. You are either aware or not aware that you are aware ;) 

2 minutes ago, Username said:

There is no distinction between anything but we still perceive it.

As long as you know that the entity that is doing the perceiving is indeed…..God ☺️

9 minutes ago, The0Self said:

There is no thing period, just formlessness being form.

The “no-thing” you speak of is actually a thing.

A thing that has a fundamental attribute of being formless. You are this formless thing. If you don’t like the word thing, use Being.

Try your best not to deny the existence of God as this formless Being. You are close, but you have to bust through the mind games.

Edited by Terell Kirby

Not many. And even those who are have an infinity of eons left, yet, it’s all ready, already complete, whole and this. Pure, primordial paradox, patiently playing. Pure perfection, already there. 

6 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

As long as you know that the entity that is doing the perceiving is indeed…..God ☺️

☺️

3 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

A thing that has a fundamental attribute of being formless. You are this formless thing. If you don’t like the word thing, use Being.

I had a cool realization about formlessness. Totally unrelated B|

Lets imagine your whole field of view is a painting. Painting is made of paint strokes. If you look at the every single paint stroke (by increasing your consciousness) there is no form, only infinite number of meaningless distinctions. If you look too close there is no meaning, if you are far away you see white canvas (assuming that each color of paint was used equally and uniformly).

I'm sleepy, good night everyone ^_^

19 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

The “no-thing” you speak of is actually a thing.

Try your best not to deny the existence of God as this formless Being. You are close, but you have to bust through the mind games.

No.

There isn’t a reality in which all that could happen. If you want to call the lack of a reality “God,” be my guest.

Edited by The0Self

14 minutes ago, Consilience said:

Not many. And even those who are have an infinity of eons left, yet, it’s all ready, already complete, whole and this. Pure, primordial paradox, patiently playing. Pure perfection, already there. 

It’s only pure perfection after you awaken, it can be quite hellish until that point :D.

14 minutes ago, Username said:

I'm sleepy, good night everyone ^_^

Sleep tight, thank your sharing your insights today.

10 minutes ago, The0Self said:

No.

There isn’t a reality in which all that could happen. If you want to call the lack of a reality “God,” be my guest.

Notice that you are resisting. Which you have a right to do, it’s a natural occurrence in this process.

Ask yourself “if you were totally wrong about a thing, would you still love yourself?”

If you can’t do this your mind will project for the sake of protecting your ego. The goal is to love ourselves more and more so that we become ripe and ready to receive Truth at its highest form.

Just now, Terell Kirby said:

Ask yourself “if you were totally wrong about a thing, would you still love yourself?”

@Terell Kirby this is just a hamster wheel game. Kinda like all bark and no bite, just a figment of imagination saying huh would I love myself?

2 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

If you can’t do this your mind will project for the sake of protecting your ego. The goal is to love ourselves more and more so that we become ripe and ready to receive Truth at its highest form.

Your mind? Where? 

The goal? 

Seems like you need a goal because if there is a goal then you are all the way over here far from the goal and you still have time to reach it. Basically "I don't wanna die yet!" 

6 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

It’s only pure perfection after you awaken, it can be quite hellish until that point :D.

Technically no. The kicker is that it was always perfect.

Yet, it can still be hellish for those who think they’re awake if life decides to give them a strong dose of reality! Still perfect… as heart wrenching as that may be. 

21 minutes ago, Consilience said:

Technically no. The kicker is that it was always perfect.

This makes absolutely no sense. There is a reason people pursue enlightenment to begin with, a great deal of it is because their lives are not so perfect.....at all.

Take Eckhart Tolle for example, he was on the brink of suicide and had severe depression before he woke up. 

Edited by Terell Kirby

Proof is in the pudding. The more awake you are, the less attachment there is to form identity, to desires, and to the results of your actions. You become transparent, until you ultimately dissolve. People pontificate about being God, but if they still suffer, they are not fully awake. Enlightenment is equanimity.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

5 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Proof is in the pudding. The more awake you are, the less attachment there is to form identity, to desires, and to the results of your actions. 

True

People pontificate about being God, but if they still suffer, they are not fully awake.

Sounds like a bit of a jab. Be careful not to assume. For someone to even be open to the idea that they are God takes a lot effort and forward progression past resistance.

I could say the same thing about those who call themselves "spiritual", but deny God's presence, and the fact that they themselves are God.

Edited by Terell Kirby

1 minute ago, Terell Kirby said:

Sounds like a bit of a jab. Be careful not to assume. For someone to even be open to the idea that they are God takes a lot effort and forward progression past resistance.

I could say the same thing about those who call themselves "spiritual", but deny God's presence, and the fact that they themselves are God.

The jab includes myself, as I am not enlightened. It's easy to conceptualize being God, flattering even, but ego death is far more difficult and rare. It is the end of attachments and suffering. The vast majority of people that consider themselves enlightened are fooling themselves.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

The vast majority of people that consider themselves enlightened are fooling themselves.

You yourself claim you are not enlightened, so how could you judge others for their enlightenment or lack thereof? 

@Terell Kirbyyou're playing word and concept games, and yes, there appears to still be a 'you' there, that tries very hard to identify with any grand ole concept, call it god if you will. 

Looking down on 'others' as not enlightened that do not utter the same identification with this concept you have, is just another 'mind' game.

'I' am not enlightened, because there is no 'me' already, to be or not be enlightened... Don't call off the search prematurely, resting on the conceptual laurels.