Terell Kirby

How many of us are awake?

209 posts in this topic

@Nos7algiK in the very beginning of that thread I said I only made it for fun and I made sure to include to not take it seriously at all, it's bullshit ?.

Just now, Fearless_Bum said:

@Nos7algiK in the very beginning of that thread I said I only made it for fun and I made sure to include to not take it seriously at all, it's bullshit ?.

I know, I'm just busting your chaps lol. :)

Edited by Nos7algiK

2 minutes ago, Fearless_Bum said:

What if you are the one that's full of shit? May want to contemplate the possibility.

5 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

You are criticizing the process of thought through your own thinking (we call this circular reasoning).

This is your assumption, rooted in arrogance and denial.

No actually the arrogant part is simply choosing to believe one thought over another and creating a bias towards it which is what I see some people doing with God. It becomes so obvious by the descriptions people use in their posts. I'm not sure why you think people are not capable of doing such a thing. 

6 minutes ago, Nos7algiK said:

I know, I'm just busting your chaps lol. :)

@Nos7algiK ya got me ?.

4 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

What if you are the one that's full of shit? May want to contemplate the possibility.

@Terell Kirby of course "i" am full of shit. I'm like a self-aware puppet.

1 hour ago, Terell Kirby said:

True, but it's a question of capacity and degree. The One you speak of can be lost in some universes, and quite conscious in others.

That was a joke. Sort of.

First you have to ask yourself what being awake means. This is a good quote "There are, strictly speaking, no enlightened people, there is only enlightened activity." You are not becoming enlightened, you rather realize it. You can be aware of it and lose it. It's not a permanent thing which means you can't posses it. You can be only awake at the moment. Everyone is awake from time to time, it's only a matter how often. Being awake = being the observer.

Maybe better question is: how often you are aware that you are the only thing that exists? How close are you to this direct experience? Can you reach it any time at will?

In my case I can almost daily reach this realization with yoga. It is definitely not permanent thing for me. Two days ago I sat with my phone and I was scrolling something (it wasn't very conscious of me) and I started melting into oneness. Lets say I am enlightened 1 minute a day but it takes an effort.

24 minutes ago, Username said:

Being awake = being the observer.

Yes. Also, Being God (let's not shy away from the explicit nature of the observer, which is creation itself).

25 minutes ago, Username said:

Maybe better question is: how often you are aware that you are the only thing that exists?

This is a good measuring stick for ones degree of consciousness / awareness / enlightenment / awakening.

Thank you for your wise words @Username

24 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

i've awoken once or twice but most of the time i'm not awake

What would you say holds you back?

9 hours ago, Terell Kirby said:

What would you say holds you back?

B|

Edited by PurpleTree

There’s no separation left to run comparisons in. It’s all over as far as the real journey through time to some better place goes. There’s only unmoving wholeness and it’s over as it begins. “I” (story) wasn’t born in some past — not outside of a mere story. Everything is absolutely new and nothing has ever happened; there is no real story, only the appearance of one. Everything is no-thing appearing to be. No causality or other or meaning or context. Just boundless absolute “infinity-nothing” having no real limitation of any kind whatsoever, nor any need of any kind, including the need to know.

Realizing you’re God is totally different, but can and does happen along the way. God realization is only an appearance. Of course, reality itself is only an appearance.

There’s simply no separation — but that seems to mean nothing, right up to the point when it’s seen, which is paradoxically not a seeing... because of course it doesn’t happen — the very last moment before it’s seen is simply the last moment period. ?

Edited by The0Self

1 hour ago, Terell Kirby said:

Yes. Also, Being God (let's not shy away from the explicit nature of the observer, which is creation itself).

Being the only observer and being God are different experiences in my terminology. In the first case  there is sudden realization "Oh crap! I'm the only one stuck in this eternal existence" - nothing changes externally, it's only me losing boundaries between external world. Experience of God is something deeper. It contains existence without particular form, you forget about ever being a human - it seems like a joke. Being the observer = ego death, God realization = breakthrough.

Enlightened state is living as the observer. Your consciousness has to be fast/focused enough to follow emerging creation. If you ego is to heavy, you can't follow.

That's a lot of people claiming there is no people to awaken debating about what awakening should be and is B|

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

45 minutes ago, The0Self said:

Realizing you’re God is totally different, but can and does happen along the way.

Realizing that you are God is all that the journey entails. Anything outside of it is a lower jihad.

40 minutes ago, Malekakisioannis said:

@Terell Kirby none of us

With love, I humbly suggest you speak for yourself.

Just now, Shin said:

That's a lot of people claiming there is no people to awaken debating about what awakening should be and is B|

There is no thing period. And yet? Here it is! ? 

22 minutes ago, Username said:

Being the only observer and being God are different experiences in my terminology. In the first case  there is sudden realization "Oh crap! I'm the only one stuck in this eternal existence" - nothing changes externally, it's only me losing boundaries between external world. Experience of God is something deeper. It contains existence without particular form, you forget about ever being a human - it seems like a joke. Being the observer = ego death, God realization = breakthrough.

Hmm, you seem to be creating a duality of experience. All experiences happen within God's consciousness (otherwise known as your consciousness). It includes ego death, breakthroughs and everything in between. Your imagination is infinite.

There is no separation, all of existence is a creation of your mind...whatever you can fathom, it's there.

Edited by Terell Kirby

10 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

Realizing that you are God is all that the journey entails. Anything outside of it is a lower jihad.

The thing that gets enlightened is simply obliterated, not made more awake or more conscious.

If we are taking about the same thing and just using different words, God isn’t some entity — it’s absolute unbounded infinity without direction or purpose of any sort. The reason I refrain from using the term God is because it’s almost always going to be clung to as a real entity in the “higher states and stages of consciousness work” — it simply can very easily happen that people will think they’re God after/upon realizing they’re god, until the person is seen through. I realized I am God many times — they were still mystical experiences of ego transcendence.

As you can probably imagine, God is a very likely resting place on the road to absolutely empty infinity. In the glimpses and god realizations, yeah there can be that indescribable timeless oneness, but then... when real-time comes back, there’s the reification of God as “some thing which I actually am” — all there is is all there is, and it has no solidity. It’s just pure emptiness, but nothing is needed so it’s very much unconditional love.

8 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

There is no separation, all of existence is a creation of your mind...whatever you can fathom, it's there.

14 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

Hmm, you seem to be creating a duality of experience. All experiences happen within God's consciousness (otherwise known as your consciousness). It includes ego death, breakthroughs and everything in between. Your imagination is infinite.

Yes. Everything is God, but if you lick a toilet seat in a public bathroom it will have a different flavour than vanilla ice cream ;) 

God realization is a "higher energy" experience. You can be "enlightened" and never experience peak God realization. I heard a story of a enlightened women who had no idea what is going on. She thought she went crazy until someone explained what happened to her.

Also children up to two or three years old are in a witness state but do not have an understanding that they are God.

17 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

You can be God realized but it doesn't dissolve your problems. You had an experience but than you are left with conceptual understanding. You may have a great framework but you will still have issues with anxiety, anger and compulsiveness. It's a great starting point.

Enlightenment is rather about raising your baseline consciousness level to a certain point when you no longer identify with your ego.