Eudaimonia

Coffee good or bad?

33 posts in this topic

Always hear the good and bad things about coffee. What you guys think? How really affect your mind? Do you drink it daily? How many cups?

Edited by Eudaimonia

Stay away from it!

He says, sipping his cup of joe.

Seriously though, it's exactly like a credit card, it will make you feel less tired but you're still in energetic debt. I use it in a limited amount each day cause it helps me with intellectual insights, but even then there's a point of diminishing returns -- it alters the way I think so much that I start to ignore mundane practical shit and get really stuck in my head. 

I say, use it for a specific purpose -- being peppy around friends, or boosting your contemplation abilities, or hyperfocusing on a cognitively demanding task. But NOT more than once a week.

I think its honestly better to avoid it entirely, I quit for 3 months and felt the most amazing I've ever felt. But we mustn't be too self-controlling :)

Low conscious as fuck. Super unhealthy for adrenal glands and contributes to short term gratification wiring in the brain. Makes sleep horrible, even if not noticeable. 

I hate coffee now. Just microdose mushrooms! And/or add a bunch of grapes/fruit/detox, you’ll feel better without it. The more conscious you become, the less you’ll want to be forced with motivation/energy. Being speedy is antithetical to consciousness work, for the most part. 

<3

Love Is The Answer: LSD Awakening

I mostly stopped drinking caffeinated coffee (I usually mix decaf and caffeinated in 5 to 1 ratio). Now when I drink normal coffee it I feel that one espresso is already too much caffeine.

In my opinion it would be ok to drink one or event two espressos a day (it would make you slightly more anxious). The issue is that caffeine is highly addictive and soon you will drink too much.

Use it appropriately just like anything else. That means something different for everyone. Few things are black and white enough to be labeled as good or bad. I still partake in certain recreational drugs when the situation is right that most of the population would consider, as Leo says, devilry. Life is not about pigeonholing yourself into a certain way of living

Personally I take breaks from coffee every now and then so that my body doesn't get too accustomed to it and I don't consume more than 1 cup in a day. 

If you don't have it regularly, I'd say don't even start.

I now wish that I had never developed the habit, but now just can't give it up. And I've tried, went five months without it cold turkey and still couldn't make it stick.

I now have one cup in the morning only, but it always feels necessary, physically and mentally. And it's also an enjoyment, must admit.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

I think it's better to avoid it. Not because of this video but this video made me more aware and kind of confirmed what I  already found out about coffee through research and observation. Might wanna check it out. I suggest drink tea (mint, ginger, green) instead.

Edited by Snuitje

Stop the dogmatic nonsense about coffee and show some nuance...

How coffee-consumption affects your body in good/bad or neutral ways depends on a variety of factors that heavily vary from person to person. This inclundes genetic variations in your cytochrome P450 system, adenosine receptor density, as well as many psychophysioligcal dynamics that regulate the propensity of your autonomous nervous system. There is no "ab initio" way to tell which way you are going to respond, so there is only one way to find out - and thats the same way you test all the hypotheses in complex systems like your body: You try it out and observe the effects.

Cut out the coffee for some weeks - see how it affects your other cycles. Does your sleep get better? Do you feel more awake during the day? Did you suffer from any withdrawal-symptoms? How is your mood? Are there cravings? Does it affect your blood pressure in any significant way? Is there a spike in anxiety? Do you need to go on the toilet less often?

Then drink coffee again - maybe there is a dose-response relationship. Maybe you wont feel any negative consequences if you keep it below 3 cups a day. Maybe there is a certain brew you like better. Maybe its all about not drinking coffeinated beverages after a certain time of the day....

Thats how your ulitemately find out if coffee is good or bad for you. Not in some armchair-philosophy way  - but in actuality. As one of the most drunk beverages in the world, coffee has been studied extensively. There have been studies saying coffee drinking increases longevity and general health and also studies to the contrary. Ultimately, if you enjoy it like I do - and if you are good at metabolizing coffeine, there is no reason why you shouldnt drink it.
There is nothing "low conciousness" about it (lol). Drinking tea or coffee DOES NOT hinder the process of spiritual enlightenment - in fact, many spiritual teachers drink coffee. 

Personally, coffee doesnt affect me at all. The only thing I noticed is to not drink it after 16:00 (4 PM). 
My father drinks coffee right before sleep and sleeps like an angle.
A friend of mine used to suffer from high blood pressure as a young adult - not drinking coffee helped him to stay in healthy ranges. 

Take care

Edited by undeather

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

@happyhappy preferably dilmah or zesta?.mchn do you happen to be a vegan or vegetarian by any chance? ( I know it’s very random,but I’m curious?).ive been reading your posts and from what I’ve gathered you seem to be a very kind,caring, polite, high consciouse dude.I bet you are atleast green(at minimum) on the spiral dynamics model.im guessing  you either went to royal,st thomases,stpeters/Jodephs  or ais,cis,gateway

Edited by Ineedanswers

I personally only drink herbal tea maybe some green teas

I like the taste of coffee, I used to drink it but not any more. Gives me the shits.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

1 hour ago, Thought Art said:

I personally only drink herbal tea maybe some green teas

I like the taste of coffee, I used to drink it but not any more. Gives me the shits.

I was drinking coffee, then I started using green tea, but it has caffeine too. 

Caffeine affects your nervous system and if you are a sensitive person it makes you really fucking anxious.

Also, caffeine works by taking part of your overall energy to give you a boost only for a couple of hours, it doesn't produce energy out of nowhere.

It's shit, stay away from it, dropping this habit seriously changed my life. 

I rarely drink coffee (only when offered and insisted on). Not for any particular reason per se. I just don't like the taste, and don't feel like it's necessary to me. I don't understand coffee addicts like I don't understand smoking addicts; Consistently injecting distasteful stuff into their mouths and bodies just for a little temporary mood or concentration boost? They even contain substances that can cause ulcers and cancers and a bunch of other diseases. I don't think it's worth it at all.

And ffs, what's wrong with air?

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

I have one decent strength every morning, but usually never a second. I have no crash personally and the benefits feel worth it. It's better to combine with Theanine though.

15 hours ago, Ineedanswers said:

bet you are atleast green(at minimum) on the spiral dynamics model.im guessing  you either went to royal,st thomases,stpeters/Jodephs  or ais,cis,gateway

thanks a  lot on the compliments mchn, it is very rare to find these kinda ppl in countries like which are still stuck in stage blue...if you don't mind, drop me a private msg...:D:D:D

my mini-blog!

https://wp.me/PcmO4b-T 

1 Coffee with milk after waking up is great for your health.Only one.

Edited by Zeroguy