BipolarGrowth

Does spirituality solve anything?

23 posts in this topic

I think it's the only medicine out of stupidness. If you look back at how you were 1 or 2 years ago and you don't feel stupid, that means you're not growing. If you feel like a retard, that's very good growth then :D

To be truly free from stupidness is my definition of being a buddha 

❤️

Confusion, distortion, hopelessness, despair.

Enlightenment is a destructive process. It has nothing to do with becoming better or being happier. Enlightenment is the crumbling away of untruth. It’s seeing through the facade of pretense. It’s the complete eradication of everything we imagined to be true. - Adyashanti

It removes delusions, at the very least.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

Depends how you go about it. If you get into someone like Howard Vernon it's about gaining clarity of mind, groundedness, freedom from the pettiness of the masses and becoming cosmically rich 

But, if you go about it like a newbie and a fool you fall into greater and greater delusion, confusion, cults, psychotic delusions of granduer, misuing psychedelics, hurting your life and family, falling into new age delusion, homelessness etc etc 

If you go about it like a Toaist you start learning things like Qigong and start removing chronic stress from the body, developing a healthy Qi and nervous system, balancing yin and yang in all areas of life You learn to work with the Tao instead of resist it. You create a profound balance.

A christian may use it for a sense of meaning, community, moral grounding

There are many types of Yogis: The Tantric, The Bhakti Yoiga, Gnanni Yoga,  Karmic Yogi, Kyra Yogi, etc... When each of them get together perhaps God appears.

a non dualist collapses all duality

A meditator trains the mind 

Someone who reads spiritual books develops new insights, forgiveness, meaning, and a map

a psychonaut explores the realms of his consciousness, maybe realizes God, removes all sexual fears and taboos, discovers absolute nihilism, Love, peace... Liberation, infinity, unity, Good with a capital G.

To me the Highest level mystic frees himself to create life however he or she wishes.

Spirituality allows as well a beautiful aesthetic for Karmic work in our lives. As we go about finding our life purpose we can cry tears of joy daily in the beauty of reality and what it means to do the work we do. For example, the implications of me teaching Qigong, self massage and self love make me cry because of what I went through to discover it, and the scientific implications of more people doing it.

Maybe spirituality helps you to develop the most beautiful vision for your life and you go about attaining it. Maybe, right now is perfection.

To me, sanity and spirituality for the most advanced should go together. You should be mature, happy, and able to function in the mundane and petty aspects of the world. You are not actually just an Ego wanted to be a Buddha, you are a Buddha. Normal guy Buddha. Average Joe Buddha.

Or, you are a seeker who is on an epic journey towards truth, love, and reconciling the confusion of life...

For me the highest quality spirituality consist of the following 10 Things

1. High Level Clarity of Mind, sobriety, maturity, groundedness and sanity being free from addiction and craving

2. High level Qi flow and balance

3. 0% Pain in the body, perfect posture, relaxed muscles, shoulder, joints, face, jaw etc... High level body posture and use of the bodies mechanics.

4. Liberation from negative and neurotic thinking into a clear mind, total control of the mind, sanity, Love, Joy etc

5. The ability to be totally here now, presence, and mastery over the mind

6. Total self forgiveness for past mistakes of yourself and others. Total Self acceptance. At the same time, a spiritually mature person has a healthy shame and reflects often on their choices, actions and habits.

7. Being non dogmatic, being able to understand relativism, different perspectives and a commitment to Not Knowing and Life long learning.

8. If you are interacting in the world you have nothing to prove, only to give. A spiritual Karmic yogi or creator is a person of integrity, honesty and holds them self to a high standard and is willing to put the work in in a grounded way to become that person.

9. Mastery over all domains in life so you build beautiful experience out of all the blocks a human has to build with (Example: Being enlightened and building a powerful business that inspires you everyday... Developing powerful models of reality and systems for living for optimum health, clarity, longevity, balance and joy)

10. The Good Life. Living as God like as you can. Being a Powerful Creator and being totally in love with every aspect of reality.

A vial of hope and a vial of pain
In the light they both looked the same
Poured them out on into the world
On every boy and every girl

It's in the neon Bible, the neon Bible
Not much chance for survival
If the neon Bible is right

Take the poison of your age
Don't lick your fingers when you turn the page
What I know is what you know is right
In the city it's the only light

It's the neon Bible, the neon Bible
If the Neon Bible is right

Oh God! well look at you now!
Oh, you lost it but you don't know how
In the light of a golden calf
Oh God, I had to laugh

Take the poison of your age
Don't lick your fingers when you turn the page
It was wrong but you said it was right
In the future I will read at night

In the neon Bible, the neon Bible
If the Neon Bible is true

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

true spirituality does not solve anything 

it removes layers of bullshit you've been fed from when you were born up until now.

Fake spirituality adds on top of the bullshit to create even more bullshit. 

To get started with true spirituality, i suggest reading:

Jed mckenna - Spiritual enlightenment the damndest thing.

fake spirituality is what solves things

you see, fake spirituality, the meditation techniques and all that bullshit feeds ideas into your system that this is how it is done. this is what you should do to solve this issue here. Bla bla bla bla, and the mass majority of people are naive enough to believe all that bullshit because they want to sleep, they do not want to face the fact that there is no problem there to begin with. The ending of the problem will end their quest to search for the problem. It will end the person in search for a solution to the problem that is created and that is the LAST thing the person is willing to do because he is afraid to face the simple fact that he wasnt there to begin with

Real spirituality, once embodied realizes there is nothing to solve. Which solve everything.

Yet, there are still problems to solve.

◭"89"

It solves confusion about the big picture.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 hour ago, Mosess said:

fake spirituality is what solves things

you see, fake spirituality, the meditation techniques and all that bullshit feeds ideas into your system that this is how it is done. this is what you should do to solve this issue here. Bla bla bla bla, and the mass majority of people are naive enough to believe all that bullshit because they want to sleep, they do not want to face the fact that there is no problem there to begin with. The ending of the problem will end their quest to search for the problem. It will end the person in search for a solution to the problem that is created and that is the LAST thing the person is willing to do because he is afraid to face the simple fact that he wasnt there to begin with

Meditation techniques are a part of a balanced spiritual practice. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

Yes it solves "you"

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

I like Rupert Spira’s metaphor that spirituality is about cleaning the lens of your consciousness, so you can see clearly and accurately, without bias and petty desires. No monkey mind, circular thinking or neuroses. Just being aware of what is and doing things in harmony with what is. Which means  that your decision making can be pure and not be tainted by your ego.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

I'm more aware of my thoughts, of my false beliefs so I can work on me in more conscious ways
I'm more happy, positive & resilient
I'm more patient
I know now that I don't have control of how people think of me and I take things less personally
I can appreciate a lot more music, arts, movies
I'm better at feeling and being in touch with my emotions
I can see beauty in a lot of things that I didn't notice before (people faces, lights, the city...)
I'm more open-minded and better at understanding people
I'm a lot less judgemental and don't moralize
I see Reality in a more magic way than before where I believed that it was all material and explained by science...
& more

Edited by Gabith

@Thought Art nonono

you got it backwards

Meditation is a self improvement device that can certainly "improve" your life

dont mistake meditation for "spirituality"

its not spirituality, its fake spirituality

True spirituality (which i personally don't like calling spirituality because of the assumptions that are carried with this term) does not improve or add anything to your life

You should not need spirituality to "solve" anything in your life. The egos primary motivation is to fix things so it can live comfortably. Avoid this way of thinking.

Spirituality rids the need of solving anything essentially...this is the beautiful aspect of it.

Destroyed my traumas, helped me forgive and let go, love myself and the world more, open my mind, let go of my defences more, have more creativity, more connection to the world, more fulfillment, more present to the moment instead of ruminating, less depression, anxiety, insecurities, fear, neuroses and excessive attachments, helped me understand myself significantly more, have more understanding and clarity of life, why it is the way it is and my relationship to it, a deeper sense of purpose, more wisdom, kindness and inner peace. 

8 hours ago, Mosess said:

True spirituality (which i personally don't like calling spirituality because of the assumptions that are carried with this term) does not improve or add anything to your life

True spirituality adds consciousness, understanding, insight. True spirituality is about seeing clearly into the ‘way things really are’ which we could frame as an “adding,” relatively speaking. It’s also fair not calling this adding anything due to the fact that this process often involves a releasing, a letting go, a subtraction of beliefs, concepts, and grounding.

True happiness is only possible when we one clearly sees into the nature of truth. True spirituality is the path of authentic human happiness, but does so not by adding anything, but seeing into the nature of everything, which is a new quality of consciousness ‘added,’ seen to have always been present in the first place and therefore, nothing was added at all. 

23 hours ago, Consilience said:

True spirituality adds consciousness, understanding, insight. True spirituality is about seeing clearly into the ‘way things really are’ which we could frame as an “adding,” relatively speaking. It’s also fair not calling this adding anything due to the fact that this process often involves a releasing, a letting go, a subtraction of beliefs, concepts, and grounding.

True happiness is only possible when we one clearly sees into the nature of truth. True spirituality is the path of authentic human happiness, but does so not by adding anything, but seeing into the nature of everything, which is a new quality of consciousness ‘added,’ seen to have always been present in the first place and therefore, nothing was added at all. 

yeah, framing it this way. i understand

We could also say:

True spirituality is consciousness