Leo Gura

A Challenge To Everything You Think You Know

325 posts in this topic

Being open to infinite possibility isn't the same as believing something is possible or not..

One is an indeterminate mindset, the other is a mindset that has been determined by taking a position.

It's a nuanced understanding that is to stay open in being at peace with not knowing while the mind is always trying to decide it knows.

Edited by SOUL
grammar

21 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Armchair skepticism

I like this expression. Old fat men sitting in their armchairs smoking their pipes being delusionally skeptic. :D 

Does anyone know if the original audio recordings still exist?

Glory to Israel

@Leo Gura I can't seem to employ motivations for pursuing Truth that aren't inherently selfish (more truth = more knowledge = more power/control = greater success = pleasurable emotions and self-worth).

What motivates you to pursue truth?

@Leo Gura

I find this rather interesting actually. I fit your category of rationalist skeptic types really but after watching some of your videos, there's this pinprick in doubt in me about it. And I'm both fascinated and scared. But I'm willng to double check my beliefs on this. 

I guess what influenced me the most is how well thought and objective your logic seems to be yet you still believe in the paranormal. I always imagined people who do to be the opposite. But you're different here. And when you said the thing about questioning your criteria of how you come to believe something is true. I've questioned information, but not my criteria of ruling things out. I didn't seem to realize I didn't explore the other side in as much depth — comfirmation bias. Well, alright, maybe I should check this out.

Any advice on what good resources to check on this? Honestly I ask you because I have a hard time believing other resources on the paranormal but from you, it's much much much easier. You might tell me to figure things out myself, sure and that's good as a long term goal. But well for now, I have to start somewhere. You've probably heard about starting small and making small adjustments in personal development, right? 

Believing enlightenment is easier. My own practice with this seems to open up some doubt in my worldview, so yes, I'll go with that. 

But actually the major fear I have is that exploring the paranormal sounds dangerous. That situations like spirits might attack us. Or some other  paranormal danger I'm not aware of. All those ghost horror movies creeped me out growing up. Actually, most of my fears have to do with spirits. Any comment on how to get over this fear to get myself to explore this more? Am I having a misconception here or what?

Oh well. I guess I'll just practice with this Ra stuff at the moment while I wait for a reply. I guess I'll work on this partial belief thing you're talking about. 

Edited by WaterfallMachine

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

@Dingus The reason why I said that the internet discussion was impressively good was the way that the people approached the problem.

For example:

Sure. Most of us here will have problems with the above and more. But to be truly skeptical we need to lay aside our initial assumptions and prejudgements and investigate it with a neutral and open mind. I take that to be the gist of Matthew's initial "invite".

Then I think they had some quite good points, for example the authors apparently do not even try to say that it is valid which sounds kind of weird. They very rightly say that the content is not falsifiable, that does not say that it is untrue but the way some things are shallowly described, simply why such open ended answers?

Skepticism is knowing it could all be BS;)

The thing is that what Leo calls "false skepticism" is not in any way false, it is just other way approaching a problem, there is not true or false skepticism and no right form, "true skepticism" should be applied at some situation but not in other simply because of efficiency.. there is so much stuff on the internet that is making some kind of claims that you can not test through first hand experience everything, then you need to use critical thinking and get rid of most of it even if you sacrificed something that would be true, then you have time to dive deep into something that might seem questionable to people but there are individuals all around the world having similar kind of experience, like enlightenment for example.

When it rains, it pours like hell.
-Insomnium

My blog: dragallur.wordpress.com

On 2/16/2017 at 7:26 PM, Leo Gura said:

@aidenhall I'd be more concerned about the cult you presently find yourself in: Western rational materialism.

I was searching for this Lol...

I was in the doctor yesterday and they asked me (in one of those forms you have to fill) if I had any religion, I wanted to write Western Rational Materialism Lol

but I didn't remember it... next time I'll do it.

:-P

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Service to others radically and beautifully explained: 

On 5/1/2017 at 1:34 AM, WaterfallMachine said:

Believing enlightenment is easier. My own practice with this seems to open up some doubt in my worldview, so yes, I'll go with that. 

But actually the major fear I have is that exploring the paranormal sounds dangerous. That situations like spirits might attack us. Or some other  paranormal danger I'm not aware of. All those ghost horror movies creeped me out growing up. Actually, most of my fears have to do with spirits. Any comment on how to get over this fear to get myself to explore this more? Am I having a misconception here or what?

Oh well. I guess I'll just practice with this Ra stuff at the moment while I wait for a reply. I guess I'll work on this partial belief thing you're talking about. 

You have no idea what you're in for yet with enlightenment, hehe. It is your very death.

All your fears << now there's something worth being skeptical about! Who'd of thunk! ;)

Isn't it interesting that "skeptics" are skeptical about everything but what's going on inside their own minds and bodies. Hmmmmm... is that just an accident?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You have no idea what you're in for yet with enlightenment, hehe. It is your very death.

All your fears << now there's something worth being skeptical about! Who'd of thunk! ;)

Isn't it interesting that "skeptics" are skeptical about everything but what's going on inside their own minds and bodies. Hmmmmm... is that just an accident?

@Leo Gura

Heh. Guess I'll be on the lookout. :)

Edited by WaterfallMachine

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

Back when Leo posted this for the first time he really opened my eyes. Before I gave The law of One an open minded read I didn't even consider Channeling as something close to beeing genuine.

I Hope it is okay that I bring this old Post up again but I would love to share The Michael Teachings. The whole teachings cover a lot of different topics but I can see some parallels to spiral dynamics.  A lot of the stuff might look very new-agey but try to see the concepts behind the words.

http://www.michaelteachings.com/

Edited by Ape

This for me seems really cool, do you guys actually believe this book might be real?

9 hours ago, Raymondo said:

This for me seems really cool, do you guys actually believe this book might be real?

Some people believe, some don't and some know as they understand ;P

B R E A T H E

Has anyone listened to Sara Landon? She's channeling an entity called the Council. And I just saw that Ra talks about it too: apparently, the Council are the guardians of our planet. 

Edited by perlita

13 hours ago, perlita said:

the Council are the guardians of our planet.

How did they let Trump and his cronies slip through? :D

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

She conveniently provides a 1-800 number so you can call and inquire :D

I have experienced something similar, is the eco of all beings i call it. Every atom of oneself being directly connected to all existence, beings and non-existence, weird images, beings and realms can be seen, felt, heard, etc. This is my personal experience. 

Namaste, Mfks!

20 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Hilary would of destroyed the US by now. Trump is who he is a silly puppet but a master-plan in disguise. There's also universal laws of non-interference unless absolutely necessary and agreed among the galactic collective higher councils. These prime-directives out of star trek didn't come out of thin air they actually are genuine universal laws mentioned in a few ancient texts as well as many psychic channels have confirmed this via telepathy of higher dimensional beings/communication similar to the method used in the law of one.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

11 minutes ago, pluto said:

a master-plan in disguise

Lol