ToaTokuchi

Why not test your IQ?

64 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Oh wow. 10%. You have such great memory. 

I meant I can only remember 10% of what I said. Probably even less.

There are some videos I can't even remember recording at this point.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

25 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Is it? I have talked to much I cannot remember 10% of what I've said.

25 minutes ago, Jacob Morres said:

It's your own  quote LOL 

omg I was about to say, but then I thought nah I must be remembering wrong. I'm pretty sure its from your video called "What is Intelligence?"

Edited by Osaid

You are what you currently desire. ❤️

24 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Is it? I have talked to much I cannot remember 10% of what I've said.

Yeah makes sense honestly, you do talk a lot 

It was from your infinite intelligence video 

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I can't remember last week ?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I meant I can only remember 10% of what I said. Probably even less.

it seems as though building massive intelligence is like building a massive house. You dont have access to every room at any one point...its much too vast, but every room is available and you can walk in and retrieve anything at any point. (you can enter the house of your mind and retrieve the information as its locked away). memory seems to be an interesting one. Its like god gives your the information you need at the present moment 

21 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Stealing this quote for my book.

Yea if I recall correctly I got it from you.

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

In my POV, IQ measures the CPU speed but that's not what is important. It quantifies the ability to use current knowledge in order to solve problems. It's an orange value.

An analogue would be a computer with a really fast CPU (IQ 160+), with an outdated operating system that can do certain things, like an old command-line OS that operates databases. Sure, it would be very efficient in doing certain things but it would miss the whole range of capabilities.

Imagine now a computer with an average CPU (IQ up to 130) that has a graphical OS which gets frequent updates (awakenings, broadening of consciousness) and receives new programs that can execute different kinds of tasks like graphics, music, etc. It may start to have AI capabilities. 

I've met people who are members of MENSA and they are very dogmatic and close-minded. They may excel in their field of expertise, but that's all they got.  

High IQ helps to expand horizontally but in the work we are doing here, one wants to expand vertically.

Edited by Kensho

@ToaTokuchi I was officially scored as a kid by a psychologist during a time in which I was recovering from post traumatic stress disorder, my scores were all very high (no need to mention) but I was after-all very young when I was tested. 

I've always done very well in school and my job and that's all they're really designed to predict however IQ isn't always correlated with academic achievement. I've been through periods where I was very lazy as well as psychologically very taxed and stressed in my life that focusing for long periods on studies was simply not going to be something that I could do. 

Edited by Esilda

IQ test is a tool to enter some job, grade, circle, etc. Apart from that is poitless. Is a bragging grade for the consumerism society. 

Did i took some iq test? Yes is did, for the play of it. 

Do you know any reputable iq test company? Let's try it out, for the fun of it. 

Singer

14™

On 4.8.2021 at 5:45 PM, ToaTokuchi said:

Mainly, the devilish tendencies of other people can be usually explained by IQ or lack thereof.

People who have bad habits like drinking, smoking and others which hinder spiritual work are more easily understood through the IQ lens.

Nah. People use drugs because they have unprocessed traumas and such emotional baggage. There are plenty of highly intelligent addicts.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

6 hours ago, roopepa said:

Nah. People use drugs because they have unprocessed traumas and such emotional baggage. There are plenty of highly intelligent addicts.

When I was addicted to pot, I realized that I wasn't primarily addicted to the numbness of being stoned (at least initially). I was instead addicted to the way it fuelled my overactive, neurotic and philosophizing mind, and simply as a side effect of that chaotic mental activity (and the numbness of course), it made me more able to avoid my broken conscience and neglected social responsibilities. When your mind is always immersed in that level of bouncing-off-the-wall dialectical ping-pong, you spend less time worrying about what you're actually supposed to do (namely being an adult).

I actually found this out one time when I decided to throw some alcohol into the mix, and I didn't find it exciting at all, because it killed the cognitive hyperconnectivity and creative forcefulness of the unadultered weed high. If I was simply trying to numb myself, I would probably go to alcohol and beyond (which to be honest happened a bit later, straight before I quit drugs all together. There might be a link there).

When that is said, I would say that the driving force behind my behavior at the time was always trauma. In fact, I believe that thought itself as a phenonema only arises when you need to deal with some immediately apparent problem, and if they seem to arise independently, repetitively or out of nowhere, there is some emotional baggage or attachment that is yet to be resolved (be it a mild attachment to an intellectual idea, some unresolved emotional trauma, or using the former to drown out the latter like I did, which is itself a feedback loop of dysfunctional behavior; hiding from the problem and creating progressively more problems in the process).

Edited by Carl-Richard

2 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

When I was addicted to pot, I realized that I wasn't primarily addicted to the numbness of being stoned (at least initially). I was instead addicted to the way it fuelled my overactive, neurotic and philosophizing mind, and simply as a side effect of that chaotic mental activity (and the numbness of course), it made me more able to avoid my broken conscience and neglected social responsibilities. When your mind is always immersed in that level of bouncing-off-the-wall dialectical diarrhea, you spend less time worrying about what you're actually supposed to do (namely being an adult).

YES I have very similar experience with weed. I was a stoner too.

2 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

When that is said, I would say that the driving force behind my behavior at the time was always trauma. In fact, I believe that thought itself as a phenonema only arises when you need to deal with some immediately apparent problem, and if they seem to arise independently, repetitively or out of nowhere, there is some emotional baggage or attachment that is yet to be resolved (be it a mild attachment to an intellectual idea, some unresolved emotional trauma, or using the former to drown out the latter like I did, which is itself a feedback loop of dysfunctional behavior; hiding from the problem and creating progressively more problems in the process).

Very insightful. I've always been a very addiction-prone person. My mind is just so chaotic. I may get diagnosed with ADD soon.

It very much seems like one "hides" from certain emotions into thought-stories. And when the thought-attachments becomes too taxing, one seeks to lighten up through substances or other addictive behaviour.

11 hours ago, roopepa said:

YES I have very similar experience with weed. I was a stoner too.

Very insightful. I've always been a very addiction-prone person. My mind is just so chaotic. I may get diagnosed with ADD soon.

It very much seems like one "hides" from certain emotions into thought-stories. And when the thought-attachments becomes too taxing, one seeks to lighten up through substances or other addictive behaviour.

I believe I also got some insight into what the ingredients are that go into creating a clinically psychotic mind (a mind that looses its ability to keep in touch with a relative, socioculturally sanctioned consensus reality), because to be totally honest, I had some glimpses of that within myself, and I was probably going down that road if it wasn't for a sequence of very fortunate events.

In short, I believe that the psychotic mind is just the end result of spiralling down that dysfunctional feedback loop: unresolved trauma, paired with a hyperactive mind and a neurotic personality (negative internal attribution style, introversion, excessive rumination, anxious attachment style etc.), excacerbated by external stressors (substances, life events), and an escape into an idiosyncratic and mentally constructed world. The mind reacts to the aforementioned conditions by dissociating itself from the "normal" types of cognitive patterns that otherwise ground you in an emotionally embodied and socially aware consciousness of reciprocal collective understanding, and instead ventures into an abstract and vaguely defined mentalscape with loosely defined concepts and arbitrary semantic connections.

They say it's hard to distinguish genius from madness. I say that madness is when the hyperconnectivity and isolation of one's semantic content exceeds its sociocultural bearing capacity; that one corrupts one's ability to mediate between one's own semantic structures and the common semantic structures held by other people in the local environment, and this usually happens like I said in a runaway chain reaction that eventually terminates in a psychotic break. In milder cases, it goes by names like magical thinking or thought disorder. Now, what is so genius about the genius is that instead of retreating into his own fantasy world, he holds consensus reality in one hand and the hyper-creative, non-linear mental space in the other, and the result is a beautiful synthesis – a bridging of the two worlds – which is able to inspire and innovate.

Edited by Carl-Richard

I took an IQ test a while back twice, one was more a worded test,while the other had more solving puzzles in shapes. The first one I scored 106, but the second one I scored 130. I think IQ is just a measurement of logical, mathematical and linguistic intelligence specifically, and are used to approximate which job is ideal for your intelligence range. A high IQ person is more likely suited for office jobs, STEM related jobs rather than manual work, construction, labour intensive jobs, compared to some who score much lower.

@Carl-Richard Yes. I had a psychotic episode about a year ago. After a very bad trip I spiraled down into very delusional and dysfunctional ideas and stories of metaphysics, spirituality and life. Almost committed suicide.

9 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

In short, I believe that the psychotic mind is just the end result of spiralling down that dysfunctional feedback loop: unresolved trauma, paired with a hyperactive mind and a neurotic personality (negative internal attribution style, introversion, excessive rumination, anxious attachment style etc.), excacerbated by external stressors (substances, life events), and an escape into an idiosyncratic and mentally constructed world.

Yeah this sounds about right. It's similar with all kinds of toxic ideologies such as incels and conspiracy theorists. Actual psychosis is just a lot more radical and 'personal', it affects the more fundamental levels of the mind constructing experience. Ideology happens still within social framework.

@Goldzilla

8 minutes ago, Goldzilla said:

Does iq test measures my perception? ?

No, it measures both your linguistic and mathematical intelligence, and gives an approximation of how you handle tasks logically, which is then used to estimate which jobs are likely suitable for your level of intelligence.

On 05/08/2021 at 0:40 PM, AtheisticNonduality said:

@lmfao I like how they deleted your comment but not mine.

Amazing isn't it. Had a cheeky little 3 day suspension as well 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

17 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

I took an IQ test a while back twice, one was more a worded test,while the other had more solving puzzles in shapes. 

Take the Mensa test.