Someone here

How to have more gratitude in life?

27 posts in this topic

How to have more appreciation for what I do have in life instead of focusing on the negatives or what I don't have?

What tips or practices help with focusing on positivity and the full half of the cup? 

I heard that positive affirmations help but what else? 

I really need to start counting my blessings 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Start small. Look at the way the light reflects off your water glass, look at the sky, start to notice birds, notice the way warm air feels when you're a little cold or cool air feels when you're too hot and revel in it. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@mandyjw cute.  Thanks. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Someone here

A B R A H A M   H I C K S

Was recommending it to you already like 1 year ago :D

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

Try a terrible/tough job for some weeks.

Live in a terrible neighborhood for a couple of months

Visit some war zone/mega ultra poor country.

Etc

pet a cat. I have always consider cats as spiritual teachers because they meditate so well :D 

if you have a favorite plushie then give it a hug. Mine is a star plushie.

Tea goes so well with gratitude, the first sip always does it.

then look at the sky especially if there are clouds drifting by. I find myself up at 2AM for this :/

Edited by sara373

Realize that ownership is an illusion, which means that nothing in your life is actually yours, which means that you have been granted this eternal present moment for free, and that you're lucky to be alive.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

7 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

and that you're lucky to be alive.

if I were not alive, who would be unlucky?

3 hours ago, allislove said:

@Someone here

A B R A H A M   H I C K S

Was recommending it to you already like 1 year ago :D

thank you I just purchased a book , I want to apply grattitude in my life

46 minutes ago, Hulia said:

Don't know. Don't care.

And grateful for both.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

55 minutes ago, Hulia said:

55 minutes ago, Hulia said:

There there, there is always Schneider. 

Daily meditation started by bringing to mind what you feel grateful for. You'd be surprised how much you're actually grateful for, but that's existing in the uncognized parts of mind. Once you start giving space to that part of the mind, many examples will start to surface, a snowball like effect. 

I once had a realization, and since then everything has been different. I was brooding and suffering for everything that in my life was not as it should be, when suddenly I saw the void where there was nothing, and from the void something appeared, and that something was what it is. and I saw that judging it as good or bad was a complete delusion. what it is shone like a perfect jewel, it could not be otherwise, since it was what it is, the only thing that exists, without being able to be compared with anything else. any appraisal of that as good or bad was nonsense, insanity. like saying that the blue of the sky is not good. it's the sky, it's perfect, it's a miracle. giving an opinion on whether it is correct or not is as if a chimpanzee thinks if the arrangement of the galaxies is not correct. every thing in your life is the facet of a perfect diamond. I know it sounds like cheap self help but it is. but you have to see the void to realize that

Edited by Breakingthewall

Contemplate how rare and beautiful it is to be this current mind-body in this current age.

You are here because of countless things.

People before you built a world that is relatively comfortable compared to ancient times. Your mother took care of you as a baby. Your nation (for all its faults) ensured you could get an education and live with some degree of autonomy. Your groceries are provided by stores full of workers doing their jobs. Everything and everybody around you has allowed you to exist as you currently are. What a damned miracle, man. 

This is amazing........ everytime I look at the sky, at the eyes of a friend or I hear good music, i'm amazed , I feel great being alive

Realizing gratitude is an orientation and not only the emotional effect.

So that means its both a surrender and an effort. 

The benefit of gratitude is... gratitude. Make it as intrinsic as possible. Look at it like a skill you can refine your whole life. So view it as a process. And get in love with the process.

And most importantly: realize you are consciousness. So gratitude is pulled out of you. Its not something to be reached for. 

Imagine what life would be like if all of it disappeared.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Breakingthewall Word. Happen to experience the same. That void of empty nothing is so powerful that everything seems so insignificant compared to it. 

After that experience of nothing there is a deep appreciation of the contrast.

*getting teary eyed* 

Just now, Someone here said:

How to have more appreciation for what I do have in life instead of focusing on the negatives or what I don't have?

What tips or practices help with focusing on positivity and the full half of the cup? 

I heard that positive affirmations help but what else? 

I really need to start counting my blessings 

True gratitude is self love. You don't like the way your life feels like, turn it into 'paradise on earth'. You can do it. On all levels. Not just inner work. Let it be overflowing goodness in all areas of your life and see what you feel inclined to do then.

Bless

Edited by Anahata

"Words mean something because they point to meaning beyond themselves."