Phyllis Wagner

Bashar On Psychedelics

219 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Ok, so what we think we are exploring when we take psychedelics is... what? Awareness? Our own psyche? If we explore a THING, it makes sense that we need a thing to explore a THING with. So if we take psychedelics to know ourselves, ("know thyself") we cannot bring in the belief that we are a separate mind, brain, body, who needs a thing to explore itself with. Awareness knows itself. 

These are all constructs of a human mind. That these questions and constructs are arising is even more evidence that psychedelics are needed to transcend these questions and constructs. 

I think they are awesome questions within a domain and I don't see one domain as being better than another. To me, it would be like speaking various languages. If I get two grounded in one language, I won't realize I'm missing aspects of other languages. Someone who is a polyglot is very fluid with various languages and wouldn't see any one language as the "true" language as which to perceive.

In this context, I don't give any more relevance to psychedelic-induced states and non-psychedelic states. Upon deeper inspection, those distinctions break down and the two are intimately integrated.  Yet one thing I see people do over and over again is subconsciously assume their framework is the proper grounding upon which to evaluate other "things". That would be like someone telling me about a language spoken in Tasmania that I've never heard of. I could assume that English is the proper language and speculate about the Tasmanian dialect as a "thing" out there. Even asking "what do we think we are exploring when we travel to Tasmania to learn their culture and language" assumes my grounding *here* relative to some other thing being explored *over there*. That would be very odd to a Tasmanian since the "real" grounding is Tasmanian culture/language upon which to evaluate English. Yet for an English person to realize this, they would need to go to Tasmania. NOT to explore it as an English person, yet to dissolve all and become Tasmanian. Only then can they transcend both Tasmanian and English.

Here, why would you give narrative control to your non-psychedelic mind as grounding? Why not flip the script? Why isn't a psychedelic mindset the grounding by which we communicate? Why not trip on psychedelics so much that the question "what are we exploring on psychedelics?" no longer makes sense? An entirely new set of appearances would manifest that make no sense to you now. Yet those would become normative. The constructs you are creating would no longer exist.

I'm not saying one is "better" or "more real" than another. I would much rather be multi-lingual. Having a mindset of grounding can be a major barrier to becoming multi-lingual. It is helpful at first, yet then becomes a hindrance. When I lived in Central America learning Spanish, I realized grounding myself in English and translating into English was a major barrier to becoming fluent in Spanish. I had to fully surrender English and immerse myself into Spanish with no English grounding or safety net. Only then was I able to perceive the world through a Spanish lens, rather than evaluating Spanish through an English lens. 

With that said, you are much more spiritually gifted than I am. I spent 20+ years with meditation / Buddhism / nonduality and was only having surface level insights. The insights you share go waaay deeper than anything I was able to realize and many of the things you share I needed psychedelics to reveal. I was poorly-suited for spiritual practices, yet was very well-suited for psychedelics. I learned more in my first psychedelic trip than 20+ years of meditation / Buddhism / nonduality practice. And I'm telling you. . . I could have spent another 20+ years with spiritual practice and still would have been at a surface level. . .

54 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

So my real question is, why on earth would you want to continue to believe that psychedelic allow access to "something" or "some state" that cannot be reached without them? 

Because I've never met anyone that has reached the depths of psychedelics without psychedelics. In fact, I've rarely met anyone that has reached the depth of psychedelics that has used psychedelics. 

It's a combination of genetics and prior conditioning. You are much more spiritually-gifted than I was. I needed psychedelics to realize 90% of the insights your share. And I spent over 20 years practicing spirituality. Fortunately, I got lucky and I'm "psychedelically-gifted". 

1 minute ago, Forestluv said:

With that said, you are much more spiritually gifted than I am. I spent 20+ years with meditation / Buddhism / nonduality and was only having surface level insights. The insights you share go waaay deeper than anything I was able to realize and many of the things you share I needed psychedelics to reveal. I was poorly-suited for spiritual practices, yet was very well-suited for psychedelics. I learned more in my first psychedelic trip than 20+ years of meditation / Buddhism / nonduality practice. And I'm telling you. . . I could have spent another 20+ years with spiritual practice and still would have been at a surface level. . .

Yeah I was meditating for a few years before I tried psychidelics on my own and It propelled me to spaces I didn't even know were possible. In hindsite I could have reached that same space without them, but at the time, and even now, I have no way of approaching that heightened mental space without psychs.

Most people have no idea what they are missing with psychs. It's all great in theory that you don't need psychs. Even just weed greatly enhances my meditation practice

11 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

In hindsite I could have reached that same space without them

For me, I don't know if that is true. I was did spiritual practices for 20+ years and barely moved the needle. This involved daily practice, retreats, a library full of books and a Sangha community. People would come into the Sangha and start having awakenings after 3-6 months and I had been there 10 years, like "wtf?". 

A month after my first trip, I returned to the Sangha and was sharing stuff that now seemed so obvious and ordinary. They were blown away and asked me what I had been doing. "Wtf happened to you?", "Did you do a month-long meditation retreat?", "Did you get a new spiritual teacher?", "Did you visit Sanghas in Japan or India?", "What happened?". . . 

Yet I normalized psychedelics as "the ultimate teacher". I didn't realize I suck spiritually, yet was psychedelically-gifted. I started noticing people taking psychedelics and it barely moved their needle. I got 20+ years worth of mediation with one trip, yet others seem to only get the equivalent of a weekend mediation retreat. 

Pure conceptualization but, what if you dont need to use the body to recreate a DMT breakthrough? What if Astral Projection works and you could achieve a big ass breakthrough through means of an Astral or whatever body in some other world your projected to? Just conceptualizing because I have never experienced psychedelics, nor proper astral projection at will.

1 hour ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@mandyjw Have you ever taken psychidelics since starting your spiritual path?

I don't remember ever starting a spiritual path, I was born into spirituality (religion) and just kept sifting and sorting, exploring and discarding what I was taught with what truly resonated with me. I haven't taken any psychedelics to date. I had an extended over days, weeks, state change experience that sort of culminated into a non-climax of realization that merged and resolved my religious beliefs/fears and the realization of no self. It completely turned my life upside down, and at the same time, changing nothing and opened up my heart/world and guess what? I'm still doing some sifting and sorting. Now though, I see through a huge past framework I tried to live by carefully, and now I see a lot of stuff that I'm willing to throw away and let go of. 

1 hour ago, Forestluv said:

Here, why would you give narrative control to your non-psychedelic mind as grounding? Why not flip the script? Why isn't a psychedelic mindset the grounding by which we communicate? Why not trip on psychedelics so much that the question "what are we exploring on psychedelics?" no longer makes sense? An entirely new set of appearances would manifest that make no sense to you now. Yet those would become normative. The constructs you are creating would no longer exist.

I don't give narrative control to it. From the narrative lens, I can always take a psychedelic if the opportunity and desire to do so presents itself, but I cannot go back and experience a reality in which I never did that. From the perspective Bashar offered I attracted different teachers in my life. I had transformational, mind opening experiences during pregnancy, labor, and other unique experiences in my life. I'm not going to make the statement that "you must have the experience of giving birth to enter this realm of special consciousness", because that would be incredibly limiting and just... not true. One of the main misunderstandings of the mind is that objects and circumstances can make it happy. Because it cannot remember the pure feeling of happiness without object, (because that is not a thought and can only be now), the mind remembers the objects around at the time and equates the happiness with them. This is a hugely common mistake in spiritual teachings. Rather than teaching people to go towards the feeling, and connecting with their own feeling and intuition, the practices and circumstances that were there at the time of a teacher's realization are attributed with being key. 

1 hour ago, Forestluv said:

You discovered psychedelics as a very important, game changing teacher. I do not seek to demean their power or importance to you, but to highlight the power and importance of You. The narrative of spiritual giftedness doesn't serve anyone. In order to even have the concept of spiritual giftedness, we have to select spirituality as our "subject of expertise". Just like an IQ test is an unfair measure of the huge scope of human intelligence, as it measures a limited capacity of the human mind to perform, spirituality is the one "subject" that is NOT a subject, just the knowing of what you really are. It encompasses and dissolves all subjects. It is the Gift of Life beyond life and death Itself. As soon as we turn it into a subject that we can measure success in, and measure success in other people in, we color over the pure magic of it. It allows all subjects to be. It is the Love of subject... beyond subject/object relationships, beyond ideas of relationship. 

54 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

For me, I don't know if that is true. I was did spiritual practices for 20+ years and barely moved the needle. This involved daily practice, retreats, a library full of books and a Sangha community. People would come into the Sangha and start having awakenings after 3-6 months and I had been there 10 years, like "wtf?". 

A month after my first trip, I returned to the Sangha and was sharing stuff that now seemed so obvious and ordinary. They were blown away and asked me what I had been doing. "Wtf happened to you?", "Did you do a month-long meditation retreat?", "Did you get a new spiritual teacher?", "Did you visit Sanghas in Japan or India?", "What happened?". . . 

Yet I normalized psychedelics as "the ultimate teacher". I didn't realize I suck spiritually, yet was psychedelically-gifted. I started noticing people taking psychedelics and it barely moved their needle. I got 20+ years worth of mediation with one trip, yet others seem to only get the equivalent of a weekend mediation retreat. 

If you do not ask the questions, you won't notice the answers when they come to you. You did 20 years of asking questions, then the psychedelic's seemed to allow the answers, but YOU allowed the answers, the psychedelics were just what was there at the time, the excuse, the Mama, the baby bird imprinted on when its eyes opened. The reason I can tell you this with confidence is because I have not used psychedelics but had the realizations and I have imprinted on stuff and attributed the realizations to stuff, and in my case, OH BOY was it the most ridiculous stuff. In your case, plenty other people are here helping you uphold this belief.

No one at a party doing psychs just for fun with no expectations gets major realizations UNLESS they asked the questions, unless they asked for them somehow in someway, no matter how vague or uneducatedly. It's not the expectations, it's that you truly, truly WANT to know, but the question and the answer are one, and so you must tap into the feeling of the solution before the answer can be realized. 

So of course, you got 20 years worth of meditation in that one trip, you built that 20 years of wanting and asking, and you allowed it. That must have felt AMAZING. Allowing IS timeless, and it feels amazing. It's what you really are. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

1 hour ago, Phyllis Wagner said:

@Leo Gura what is your opinion on why bashar makes these claims in the video?

His claims strike me as generic platitudes.

There is nothing actionable in what he said. You cannot actually use his advice to reach DMT levels of consciousness. He does not tell you how to actually do it. He just says believe in yourself.

You could listen to Bashar for 5 hours or you could just smoke some DMT. See which one gets you more consciousness.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

17 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You could listen to Bashar for 5 hours or you could just smoke some DMT. See which one gets you more consciousness.

Let’s see, face my own death or sit around on YouTube all day listening to my favorite gurus... wonder which most people would pick?

The game of survival cannot be won. 

23 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I made no such point.

One's growth is irrelevant when the topic at hand is the state of consciousness acheivable via DMT. The state is the state. Whether you benefit from it or not is irrelevant. How long it lasts is irrelevant. You cannot acheive that state "naturally". You can acheive higher states naturally, but not that high. Not even close.

People who say they can have simply never had a serious DMT breakthrough. They don't know what they are talking about and they have no idea what consciousness is capable of on a vaped DMT peak. It is nothing a human can imagine or will into being. It would be easier to grow your dick by 6 inches than to will yourself into a DMT peak.

No yogi, nor meditator, nor enlightened person is able to do that. No technique will get you there.

Just sounds like you're state chasing to me if you think the DMT is offering something more than you already have access to. You can realize everything you want/need for DMT once you've been initiated by DMT and let your life become the DMT trip itself. Maybe it takes more than one trip for some to realize this? Bashar isn't entirely wrong here if you're open to what he is saying. 

Edited by Lyubov

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Think of it like this: anyone can go to the gym and put on muscle. Everyone's body can naturally create testosterone -- even women! But you will never naturally achieve this look:

ronnie01.jpg

Your body cannot produce that much natural testosterone. And to tell newbies that it can is utterly irresponsible and misleading.

No gym technique will give you that look. The only way to get that look is to inject testosterone.

If you insist on going "all natural" -- fine. But you will not be as conscious as one who takes psychedelics. Not even close.

You are like a woman thinking you can be Ronnie Coleman while drinking your soy as long as you hit the gym hard enough. No!

Shinzen Young did 40 years of professional meditation. I can be more conscious than him in 15 minutes. That is the reality of how this works. You can make all the rationalizations you want, but the brute reality remains.

Likewise, peak Ronnie Coleman will never be as strong as the hundreds or thousands of 100lb women who have lifted cars, boulders and other 1-ton+ objects up over their head with 1 arm while saving a loved-one who was being crushed to death. 

Power of belief >>>>>>>>> Steroids

Why would we limit ourselves to what an IMAGINARY brain might do? 

Edited by GoobyBooby

3 hours ago, mandyjw said:

I don't give narrative control to it.

Saying "I don't give narrative control to it" is narrative control. There is a place in which that which has the control to say "I don't give narrative control to it" does not have the narrative control to make that claim. 

I can always take a psychedelic if the opportunity and desire to do so presents itself, but I cannot go back and experience a reality in which I never did that.

I think this is a really good point. Ime, there is a price to pay and one can never go back. To me, it is incredibly enticing to approach a gate and if I cross that threshold, there is no turning back and I can never return prior to that point. That is the Neo side of me. . . 

I'm not going to make the statement that "you must have the experience of giving birth to enter this realm of special consciousness", because that would be incredibly limiting and just... not true.

When the absolute infinity is revealed, it becomes clear that any entity 'within' infinity is massively limited relative to infinity. I see lots of people claim "Oneness", yet don't seem to embody it. 

I consider 5meo to be the ultimate teacher because it includes ALL teachers. It is Sadhguru, Mandy, Leo, Rupert, Forestluv, Mooji, Jesus, Buddha, Muhammad etc. Once it is seen, it is not unseen. It may be forgotten at times, yet there is no going back to experience a reality in which is was not seen. 

Sometimes it's super hard for me to try and go back prior and remember what that is like. There are faint memories, yet it's like a faint dream. My mind has been rewired long term. . . 

One of the main misunderstandings of the mind is that objects and circumstances can make it happy. Because it cannot remember the pure feeling of happiness without object, (because that is not a thought and can only be now), the mind remembers the objects around at the time and equates the happiness with them. This is a hugely common mistake in spiritual teachings. Rather than teaching people to go towards the feeling, and connecting with their own feeling and intuition, the practices and circumstances that were there at the time of a teacher's realization are attributed with being key. 

That is beautiful. To me, it is like you are describing a beautiful flower within a garden. Seeing that beautiful flower from other angles or appreciating other flowers in now way diminishes the beauty of what you described. 

You discovered psychedelics as a very important, game changing teacher. 

Imagine a clear crystal cube. Absolute clarity. In that cube is both Nothing and Everything. No one thing can compare to that crystal because it contains ALL things. Any piece of artwork, thought, feeling, insight, game, teacher, Rupert Spira, dogs, LSD appearance, images - Everything. Anything you say is within that pure clarity. No story can be written about that clear crystal cube since all stories are within that clear crystal cube. 

No games can be changed within that Absolute clarity since all games are within that clarity. 

The narrative of spiritual giftedness doesn't serve anyone. In order to even have the concept of spiritual giftedness, we have to select spirituality as our "subject of expertise". Just like an IQ test is an unfair measure of the huge scope of human intelligence, as it measures a limited capacity of the human mind to perform, spirituality is the one "subject" that is NOT a subject, just the knowing of what you really are. It encompasses and dissolves all subjects. It is the Gift of Life beyond life and death Itself. As soon as we turn it into a subject that we can measure success in, and measure success in other people in, we color over the pure magic of it. It allows all subjects to be. It is the Love of subject... beyond subject/object relationships, beyond ideas of relationship. 

Anything I say is not another thing I'm not saying. If we are standing on a mountain together and I say "Look at that beautiful eagle over there", I'm not pointing to an infinite number of other things. If you respond by saying "It is the sunset which is beautiful. Looking away from the sunset is a distraction from the beauty and truth of the sunset."

I'm not saying the sunset has no truth, value or beauty. I'm not saying the sunset is wrong and the eagle is right. I think sunsets are awesome and sometimes I love to sit and appreciate the beauty of a sunset. Other times, I like to appreciate another view: the beauty of the eagle. The larger picture includes both the sunset and the eagle. Yet if I speak of the eagle, I'm cannot speak of the sunset. That doesn't mean I'm unaware of the sunset, don't appreciate the sunset or think the sunset is wrong. 

If you do not ask the questions, you won't notice the answers when they come to you. You did 20 years of asking questions, then the psychedelic's seemed to allow the answers, but YOU allowed the answers, the psychedelics were just what was there at the time, the excuse, the Mama, the baby bird imprinted on when its eyes opened. The reason I can tell you this with confidence is because I have not used psychedelics but had the realizations and I have imprinted on stuff and attributed the realizations to stuff, and in my case, OH BOY was it the most ridiculous stuff. In your case, plenty other people are here helping you uphold this belief.

You also seem to be assigning what you refer to as "beliefs" to me, which I hold and are upheld by others. The transcendent Mind is like water, gas and ice. Constructing, deconstructing, reconstructing. Melting, evaporating, solidifying, melting. . . And it includes everything you are saying. Everything you say is 100% true within the creation of what you say. An ice sculpture of a dolphin is true to itself as an ice sculpture dolphin.

Are you willing to allow that ice construct to melt and evaporate and realize it can be reformed into an infinite number of forms that also also 100% true to that form? . . . Yet there is no turning back. One can never go back and see it soley as that beautiful ice dolphin they loved. There is a price to pay. Innocence is lost. 

So of course, you got 20 years worth of meditation in that one trip, you built that 20 years of wanting and asking, and you allowed it. That must have felt AMAZING. Allowing IS timeless, and it feels amazing. It's what you really are. 

A few years ago, my 6 year old niece scribbled with a bunch of crayons on paper. She gave me the paper and said "Uncle, when you feel bad look at this and you will feel better". She was radiating with pure sincerity, innocence and love. And she was right. Sometimes when I feel down I look at the scribbled paper and feel better. Yet it's not the scribble, it's the sincerity, innocence and love within the scribble. 

5 hours ago, Forestluv said:

. I started noticing people taking psychedelics and it barely moved their needle. I got 20+ years worth of mediation with one trip, yet others seem to only get the equivalent of a weekend mediation retreat. 

Interesting, I thought psychedelics were highly effective for all people (of course taken at a context of spiritual development, not in the context of partying). What you say here definitely changes my beliefs. ?

6 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Interesting, I thought psychedelics were highly effective for all people (of course taken at a context of spiritual development, not in the context of partying). What you say here definitely changes my beliefs. ?

The more I observe, the more I see there is a range. Some beings resonate super well, some beings so-so and other beings not well at all. 

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

His claims strike me as generic platitudes.

There is nothing actionable in what he said. You cannot actually use his advice to reach DMT levels of consciousness. He does not tell you how to actually do it. He just says believe in yourself.

Yeah right.. what he's basically saying is "If it's your thing do it, but don't overdo it".

9 hours ago, Forestluv said:

I think this is a really good point. Ime, there is a price to pay and one can never go back. To me, it is incredibly enticing to approach a gate and if I cross that threshold, there is no turning back and I can never return prior to that point. That is the Neo side of me. . .

This is something that people do all time time. Becky and Alice get together for a reunion 20 years after highschool. Becky traveled the world. Alice settled down and had kids. Becky makes Alice question whether she missed out. Alice makes Becky question whether she missed out. At the same time, they wouldn't really change anything, but they also aren't really fulfilled or secure somehow. They could be really good friends, and really expand each other's heart and world view in a powerful way, but getting together brings up so many comparative and "what if?" fears of missing out that they don't really enjoy seeing each other, because of their own thoughts about themselves.  

This is the common scenario with spiritual seekers. You can't EVER give full attention to all the amazing powerful methods out there, and you can't try abstaining from them at the same time. You have ONLY your inner resonance and guidance system, which knows which path is right for you at any given time. If you're feeling any fear of missing out at all it means you just aren't listening for it. It is Enough. You said "to me, it is incredibly enticing to approach a gate", but why do you equate "the gate" with psychedelics? Don't you think people cross thresholds and gates of all different kinds on a spiritual path because their heart lead them there? We all came to embody and explore unique manifestations.

If the DARE teachers really knew their shit and were woke they would have taught us, "really follow your heart, don't do drugs out of fear of missing out. Don't do ANYTHING out of fear of missing out. Do it because you love it, do it because you're called to it and really learn to listen closely for what you're called to. Then when it calls you will not hear anything else but it." 

The entire separate sense of self is just a fancy complicated appearing fear of missing out. When you are 100% sure and aligned and in love you have no fear of missing out. It's not at all about choosing the right thing, the right circumstances, or even knowing what you really want, but just listening openly. PHEW! What a relief!!!

Yet there is no turning back.

That's always the case, all the time. It's always now, any thought of past is a thought happening now. 

There is a price to pay. Innocence is lost. 

Yet it's not the scribble, it's the sincerity, innocence and love within the scribble. 

See, innocence is never lost. ;) 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@mandyjw I think it is due time that Mandy gets an upgrade to MOD ✅

@Leo Gura

@Forestluv

Both of you are such awesome writers and i always appriciate reading your posts!

Edited by Adamq8

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

@Leo Gura Try the two month fire kasina challenge I dare ya. Then come back talking about not meditating to DMT realm... I think the main issue is that all the meditation you know about is generic lame mindfulness or no-mind stuff.

2 hours ago, mandyjw said:

Becky and Alice get together for a reunion 20 years after highschool. Becky traveled the world. Alice settled down and had kids. Becky makes Alice question whether she missed out. Alice makes Becky question whether she missed out. At the same time, they wouldn't really change anything, but they also aren't really fulfilled or secure somehow. They could be really good friends, and really expand each other's heart and world view in a powerful way, but getting together brings up so many comparative and "what if?" fears of missing out that they don't really enjoy seeing each other, because of their own thoughts about themselves.  

To me, "missing out" is a different dynamic than the original point. 

Imagine Becky has traveled to, and lived in, 57 countries over those 20 years. Alice settled down in a small town in Vermont. She has never left the state of Vermont. During a conversation on travel, Alice says "One doesn't need a motorized machine to travel. One can travel naturally". I agree with that. One can travel by foot and bicycle. Then Alice says "One doesn't need a motorized vehicle to travel the world. One can travel the world naturally". I would consider this to be partially true. By foot and bicycle, Alice can travel through Vermont and technically Vermont is within the "world". Yet the statement is misleading since the range of travel possible is limited. One cannot travel much of the world without a car and airplane. These motorized vehicles expand range. Alice may get upset and respond "You are trying to limit me!". . . In one context, Alice is unlimited in Vermont. One can spend there entire life exploring Vermont by foot / bicycle and barely scratch the surface. They won't even come close to exploring every flower, tree, house, person, insect, art etc. However, in the context of range - Alice won't be able to cover very much territory by foot and bicycle. It would take her weeks to travel from Vermont by bicycle. With an airplane, one can travel from Vermont to Europe, the middle east and Africa in weeks. 

I'd also be cool saying the quality of local travel by foot / bicycle is as good as international travel by plane. I like both. In some ways, I like local travel by foot / bicycle better. There are a lot of downsides to airline travel. Yet, one cannot explore a broad range of world territory without an airplane. 

This is the common scenario with spiritual seekers. You can't EVER give full attention to all the amazing powerful methods out there, and you can't try abstaining from them at the same time. You have ONLY your inner resonance and guidance system, which knows which path is right for you at any given time.

Of course. There are many ways to travel: by foot, skateboard, roller skates, glider, dune buggy, car, boat, train, airplane etc. Whatever someone likes, go for it. If someone has a fear of airplanes and loves to skateboard, then ride your skateboard. Go to the skatepark. Do jumps and tricks. Ride down hills super fast. Have fun to your heart's desire. Riding a skateboard is awesome. I see no problem with it. Yet, one will not be able to explore the world on a skateboard. One cannot travel to China on a skateboard. 

but why do you equate "the gate" with psychedelics?

I don't. I've also crossed gates through running marathons, triathlons, sensory deprivation tanks, yoga, lucid dreaming, breathwork and cultural immersion in foreign countries. 

If the DARE teachers really knew their shit and were woke they would have taught us, "really follow your heart, don't do drugs out of fear of missing out. Don't do ANYTHING out of fear of missing out. Do it because you love it, do it because you're called to it and really learn to listen closely for what you're called to. Then when it calls you will not hear anything else but it." 

The entire separate sense of self is just a fancy complicated appearing fear of missing out. When you are 100% sure and aligned and in love you have no fear of missing out. It's not at all about choosing the right thing, the right circumstances, or even knowing what you really want, but just listening openly. PHEW! What a relief!!!

You seem to be going into an area of FOMO. That's not a dynamic I had been writing about. But yea, I think it's great to follow your heart and be aligned with what you love. If a someone's heart is into skateboard riding, then do that. Don't feel pressured to get on an airplane. Yet if someone wants to travel to foreign countries, an airplane comes in handy.

@Forestluv I totally get what you're saying but I'm not convinced why we should keep arguing for our limitations as humans. You don't need an airplane or a skateboard when what you're exploring doesn't have a location, when it's already right here, intimately what you Are. You don't need to compare the pros and cons of skateboards and airplanes which doing gives rise to FOMO. All of those limitations that a human body on earth has do. not. matter. No matter. You're already infinite potential. Already, anything is possible. 

Edited by mandyjw

On 23.4.2021 at 0:28 PM, m0hsen said:

James and other who rant about how DMT breakthroughs can "easily" be achieved sober with just a hard enough practice of Kriya Yoga (for instance) have you ever had a full-blown dmt breakthrough?:-) 

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.