John Iverson

When a Girl is saying she is not wearing make up for men is it true?

99 posts in this topic

What is really the truth here? 

When girls are saying we don't wear revealing clothes to get attraction from men , or to get aroused, being sexualized or something that clearly, deep down in their minds when a girl is not really wearing a make up or wearing revealing clothes we don't care , you pass by on the street that we're not going to look at you or even bother approach you if girls are not attracted enough physically.. therefore they wear makeup for attraction.. and now they are saying that they don't do it for guys? Please make me know things here

I want to understand girls, and boys.. don't make an argument ... the question is why and what is really happening here, what is the truth from a woman perspective... 

Edited by John Iverson

1 minute ago, SS10 said:

No. Dont believe women.

Why?

2 minutes ago, intotheblack said:

And knowing this helps you how exactly? 

It helps me Understand .. the more i undeestand the more i express myself fully without giving a fuck cuz i now the truth i am not ignorant, i am sureee

There is no one truth.  Women use makeup for many reasons. It’s a form of self expression. 

I would say it largely has to do with wanting to feel beautiful and desired by whoever they are interested in. Self expression and personal style is interwoven into this as well. It is multi faceted. 

Wait for Leo to give a typical answer on this xD. Leo will say, don't you know girls do it for all that, they just act coy!!

Actually girls do makeup for many reasons. 

I do makeup because I don't want to feel bored. It makes me feel fresh and ready if I'm going to sit at a restaurant

I definitely don't do it to impress men, not that there is anything wrong with women who do it for pleasing men, it's just that I never felt like I wanted to  please a man in any way, it never occurs to me. 

When I'm in my own space, I'm hardly even thinking about this male female stuff, I just wear whatever looks cool on me and makes me feel good in the moment. 

I don't think my brain is constantly thinking about attraction, men etc, nope. 

People tend to overestimate this whole thing. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Women dance.

They are the attractor.

They are a pulling energy.

They pull attention, yin energy, pull the baby to her breast.

Men are a pushing energy, yang energy, they like to win, conquer, play sports.

------

She will do things to get attention.

Generally speaking.

: )

It can be hard to grow up as a girl with Hollywood and advertising and not equate your looks with your worth to society, career and relationships as a whole. There are even studies published that say women who wear make up are seen as more competent. This was paid for by Proctor and Gamble and was widely published. So no, it's definitely not just about men, but you can't really remove them from the equation either. With that said, I absolutely love to see the changes happening in advertising with a lot more variations of beauty being represented than ever before. 

Flowers are only beautiful to attract bees, those dirty WHORES. xD Beauty just is. Survival is a perspective, if it's the only one you can see reflected by the world then it may be the make up (or made up) perspective you're wearing yourself. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Leo laid a fair amount of it out pretty well in his survival series. However, I think I mix of Mandy's perspective with that is a lot more balanced. 

I personally don't find makeup that attractive. It can look really nice if done well for sure. However, it takes so long for them to apply (at least with my ex.) Not to mention the high amount phalates, metals, and other toxins in them. A majority of these products are very toxic. It's actually quite sad how many people feel they need to put them all over themselves. Most would still apply them even knowing that just to have that appearance. 

I like more subtle exposure personally. It's all just a matter of preference. How they speak and interact makes all the difference too. 

3 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Wait for Leo to give a typical answer on this xD. Leo will say, don't you know girls do it for all that, they just act coy!!

Actually girls do makeup for many reasons. 

I do makeup because I don't want to feel bored. It makes me feel fresh and ready if I'm going to sit at a restaurant

I definitely don't do it to impress men, not that there is anything wrong with women who do it for pleasing men, it's just that I never felt like I wanted to  please a man in any way, it never occurs to me. 

When I'm in my own space, I'm hardly even thinking about this male female stuff, I just wear whatever looks cool on me and makes me feel good in the moment. 

I don't think my brain is constantly thinking about attraction, men etc, nope. 

People tend to overestimate this whole thing. 

I don't think women do it to please men or for men so to speak. They are doing it to feel desired by men and know men want them and approve of them. I think there is a difference. There is doing it for someone else and doing it for yourself cause it feels good knowing other people desire and want you.

If a guy says he only works out for himself, what do you think? It's the same.

Nuance.

4 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

I don't think women do it to please men or for men so to speak. They are doing it to feel desired by men and know men want them and approve of them. I think there is a difference. There is doing it for someone else and doing it for yourself cause it feels good knowing other people desire and want you.

Isn't that the same thing? Wanting to be desired and so trying to impress in order to be desired? 

Wanting to impress is wanting to please? 

If someone says they don't do something for something else that means they're doing it exactly for that very thing lol 

Why does one man shave his facial hair and another man doesn't shave his facial hair?

4 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Isn't that the same thing? Wanting to be desired and so trying to impress in order to be desired? 

Wanting to impress is wanting to please? 

I don't think so. I think one is more about being servile while the other is more self centered, kinda like a cool celebrity. 

Edited by Lyubov

2 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

I don't think so. I think one is more about being servile while the other is more self centered, kinda like a cool celebrity. 

I think both ways it's trying to get some form of validation. 

2 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

I think both ways it's trying to get some form of validation. 

they are but they are coming from different places emotionally