John Iverson

When a Girl is saying she is not wearing make up for men is it true?

99 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, John Iverson said:

We're still operating like an animal tho

Really? You will storm into another mans house, fight him to the death, then kill all his offspring and the very next day go about impregnating her with your own seed? Yes, there are a very few physco (animalistic men) who would behave that, but if we all did, we'd be like apes living in some forest. What is the difference between you and a chimpanzee?

If that's what you think you are, and that's how you choose to see yourself and others... that is exactly what life will give you.

1 hour ago, wwhy said:

Oh yeah indeed. I was hoping to show you some dots and let you connect them, but that's obviously not going to happen. One more try, here is a picture...

file.jpeg

And your point is what? You are just posting a picture without explanation what you are trying to say. 

1 hour ago, wwhy said:

Really? If the kind of women you know have to get all dolled up to be approached and seduced, then am sorry for your loss :D

Obviously not all women. Only women that need it. 

In Tate we trust

I think the answer to this question creates a lot of debate because make up is multi-purpose.

And there is both a personal and social root in it. Let's not forget that all social phenomenon are due to human psychology.

Make up is both an enhancer of someone's look and a mean of expression and creativity. It is a tool we have developed as a specie to alter our appearance. In some tribe, men do their make up as well. It shows often status and personality. Sometimes it is also used for other functions as such as both aesthetics and protection.

Femininity in the collective unconscious is tied to the notion of beauty. So women are expected to be beautiful and also want to feel beautiful for themselves. 

Most of the time, I use make-up because I want to pump my looks and create a singular visual. When I succeed at achieving that, it makes me feel more confident. Men aren't necessarily involved in the equation, because I can do that knowing I won't meet anyone. It's just me and it helps me feeling beautiful and feminine. Also, I've been so used to the standard of make up in society that I find myself to look "sick" when I don't wear any.

But make-up is also expected. It has both became politeness and an obligation in some social spaces. Why? I am not sure. I think here again it is multi-causal.

Regarding men, most men will prefer a girl with make-up than a girl without. Sometimes, I read guys stating that they prefer girls without make up or with little make up, but it is because they probably mistake minimum/minimalist make up for no make up.

Seduction wise, I feel more confident when I feel beautiful and feeling beautiful, due to my conditioning and my knowledge of social expectations, involves make up.

10 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

And your point is what? You are just posting a picture without explanation what you are trying to say. 

Obviously not all women. Only women that need it. 

Ahahahaahahaha!

If I have to explain it... you won't get it anyway. For those who can, but aren't there yet... the keyword here is beauty.

If you embody the kind of energy that values beauty... what kind of stuff would you spend your time doing?

2 minutes ago, wwhy said:

Ahahahaahahaha!

If I have to explain it... you won't get it anyway. For those who can, but aren't there yet... the keyword here is beauty.

If you embody the kind of energy that values beauty... what kind of stuff would you spend your time doing?

So why do some woman use a lot of makeup and some don't? They can just be happy with the beauty nature gave them but they have to artificially prop up their beauty when they go into public places. I guess you are in denial about your intentions. Do you put makeup on and just sit at home all day in front of your TV? ?

In Tate we trust

12 minutes ago, Etherial Cat said:

I think the answer to this question creates a lot of debate because make up is multi-purpose.

And there is both a personal and social root in it. Let's not forget that all social phenomenon are due to human psychology.

Make up is both an enhancer of someone's look and a mean of expression and creativity. It is a tool we have developed as a specie to alter our appearance. In some tribe, men do their make up as well. It shows often status and personality. Sometimes it is also used for other functions as such as both aesthetics and protection.

Femininity in the collective unconscious is tied to the notion of beauty. So women are expected to be beautiful and also want to feel beautiful for themselves. 

Most of the time, I use make-up because I want to pump my looks and create a singular visual. When I succeed at achieving that, it makes me feel more confident. Men aren't necessarily involved in the equation, because I can do that knowing I won't meet anyone. It's just me and it helps me feeling beautiful and feminine. Also, I've been so used to the standard of make up in society that I find myself to look "sick" when I don't wear any.

But make-up is also expected. It has both became politeness and an obligation in some social spaces. Why? I am not sure. I think here again it is multi-causal.

Regarding men, most men will prefer a girl with make-up than a girl without. Sometimes, I read guys stating that they prefer girls without make up or with little make up, but it is because they probably mistake minimum/minimalist make up for no make up.

Seduction wise, I feel more confident when I feel beautiful and feeling beautiful, due to my conditioning and my knowledge of social expectations, involves make up.

Finally, someone is making sense! But did it really have to come from a woman?

Men are supposed to embody your matter of fact rational response, but all I've been getting from some boys in here is "Ohhhh yea" :D

4 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

So why do some woman use a lot of makeup and some don't? They can just be happy with the beauty nature gave them but they have to artificially prop up their beauty when they go into public places. I guess you are in denial about your intentions. Do you put makeup on and just sit at home all day in front of your TV? ?

So why do some men love sports and some don't?

Don't confuse gender with energy/

And why are you so 100% sure that every time a woman puts on makeup she MUST go out? What will happen if she stays in without anyone seeing her? Will she self combust and explode into 1000 pieces? :D

3 minutes ago, wwhy said:

And why are you so 100% sure that every time a woman puts on makeup she MUST go out? What will happen if she stays in without anyone seeing her? Will she self combust and explode into 1000 pieces? :D

Do you all doll up and go on actualized dot org? ?

In Tate we trust

2 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

Do you all doll up and go on actualized dot org? ?

Let me rephrase the question: how do you know that women only wear makeup because they are going out? Are you some kind of secret service honcho with cameras in every females house?

6 minutes ago, wwhy said:

Let me rephrase the question: how do you know that women only wear makeup because they are going out? Are you some kind of secret service honcho with cameras in every females house?

Not all women put on makeup when going out, babe. And secondly I was just asking how your makeup habits are. You avoiding the question already tells me enough. ?

In Tate we trust

3 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

Not all women put on makeup when going out, babe. And secondly I was just asking how your makeup habits are. You avoiding the question already tells me enough. ?

Am not a woman my friend. If you could not even figure that out... I'll laugh along with you :D:D

5 minutes ago, wwhy said:

Am not a woman my friend. If you could not even figure that out... I'll laugh along with you :D:D

LoL. I thought you were a dude who put makeup on. 

In Tate we trust

They do it partially to look good and partially because it is expected of them. If you go out in a social place without make up you will stand out and often in a not positive way. 

Some reasons people wear makeup..

Because they want to 

Boost Confidence 

Acne/skin problems 

Emphasise features 

Creativity 

experimenting with different products/colours 

Look better on camera - men also wear natural makeup to go on TV and do photo shoots  

To look older 

Or.. to look younger 

It’s fun to apply and practice with - Being able to do makeup well is a skill 

Fit in to social beauty expectations 

to be accepted by both women and men by looking more attractive

Culture or friend group - whether or not your sisters/mother/friends wear makeup

to dress up and feel pretty or cute 

women aren’t wearing makeup for the purpose of going out and meeting a man.  It’s much bigger than that. 

7 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

LoL. I thought you were a dude who put makeup on. 

That's the funny thing isn't it... the most anti-gay people actually turn out to be gay!

I am a dude overflowing with masculine energy, and secure enough with himself to see and embrace his feminine qualities. You have feminine qualities too, and every woman has masculine qualities. Look back at the picture above, and if you cannot see any attributes in the feminine side of the chart you can relate to ...

:D:D:D....then you have a problem my brother. That mobile phone you carry around... open it up. Look at its batteries... does it have just ++ or just --?

No.. its a mix of + and - , and that's where its power comes from. Once again... do not confuse energy with gender

Edited by wwhy

6 minutes ago, intotheblack said:

Some reasons people wear makeup..

Because they want to 

Boost Confidence 

Acne/skin problems 

Emphasise features 

Creativity 

experimenting with different products/colours 

Look better on camera - men also wear natural makeup to go on TV and do photo shoots  

To look older 

Or.. to look younger 

It’s fun to apply and practice with - Being able to do makeup well is a skill 

Fit in to social beauty expectations 

to be accepted by both women and men by looking more attractive

Culture or friend group - whether or not your sisters/mother/friends wear makeup

to dress up and feel pretty or cute 

women aren’t wearing makeup for the purpose of going out and meeting a man.  It’s much bigger than that. 

Another sensible response.

As a 100% straight man some of the masculine attributes I value and can relate to are achieving and logic. The feminine ones are creativity and beauty. I don't care that much for my body (in terms of beauty) but I love making and appreciating beautiful things. Got it?

As a male I use different canvasses to express and create that beauty. What you've got to realize and accept is that for many females, who embody feminine energy, one of those canvases is their own body. Its not about you, get over yourself.

Edited by wwhy

I can come up with a few reasons,

Societal construct that women have to look pretty to be taken serious

Covering up Insecurity's

Wanting to feel "beautiful" or look their best

Wanting to be desired by men they find attractive

Self amusement 

Validation from other females/guys