John Iverson

When a Girl is saying she is not wearing make up for men is it true?

99 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

they are but they are coming from different places emotionally 

But is there anything wrong if I want to do makeup only for myself, because it makes me feel fresher and better??? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

4 hours ago, Etherial Cat said:

What about lesbians who put on make up :D

hrhrhtewgfegege

To answer the question, Yes they are lying, but that is only one of their reason. there are many other reasons a girl would were make up, its not all about men. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

5 hours ago, Etherial Cat said:

What about lesbians who put on make up :D

Yess hahaha i am curious to this one, i've many on tiktok lesbians wearing make up, is it to attract a woman? I dont knooooow hahahaa maybe? Idk

Edited by John Iverson

5 minutes ago, modmyth said:

Also in many cases, you're expected to wear makeup in order to look professional, so to keep a job basically. Unless you have flawless natural skin and never look tired or sick, apparently.

So women who would prefer not to wear makeup or at least feel like they have the choice? They have less wiggle room.

To make other people see the beauty, and the survival is at steak if they are not beautiful in that day or else you are going to get fired??? 

2 hours ago, dflores321 said:

Definitely, sure partially I assume she wants to look good for men, but mostly I think it's just for survival. 

For example, it would be dumb for a girl to show up to work messy with no makeup on, believe it or not this can impact her employment. While it has to do with survival ofc it's not specifically to attract a mate in this case. 

But attracting a mate for girls is also survival ?

7 hours ago, dflores321 said:

Definitely, sure partially I assume she wants to look good for men, but mostly I think it's just for survival. 

For example, it would be dumb for a girl to show up to work messy with no makeup on, believe it or not this can impact her employment. While it has to do with survival ofc it's not specifically to attract a mate in this case. 

But attracting a mate for girls is also survival ?

Its not just for men, its a societal expectation, alot of women feel ugly, empty, or "wrong" when they go without make-up so it becomes a habit, its so ingrained. I tend to think the "Im just expressing myself" thing is complete bullshit, they do it because of beauty standards, they have to do it. Just like how men have to be muscular, masculine and tough. 

Ask yourself this. Why do you have to paint your face to show it in public?

Im not bashing women here, Im actually on your side. You should be free to do what you want but youre not.

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

19 hours ago, John Iverson said:

What is really the truth here? 

When girls are saying we don't wear revealing clothes to get attraction from men , or to get aroused, being sexualized or something that clearly, deep down in their minds when a girl is not really wearing a make up or wearing revealing clothes we don't care , you pass by on the street that we're not going to look at you or even bother approach you if girls are not attracted enough physically.. therefore they wear makeup for attraction.. and now they are saying that they don't do it for guys? Please make me know things here

I want to understand girls, and boys.. don't make an argument ... the question is why and what is really happening here, what is the truth from a woman perspective... 

Consider the concept of beauty for a moment.

Do you feel that something of beauty:

a) has to have some other functional purpose or

b) can just be exist for its own sake

1 hour ago, wwhy said:

Consider the concept of beauty for a moment.

Do you feel that something of beauty:

a) has to have some other functional purpose or

b) can just be exist for its own sake

Does it have to have some functional purpose? 

-No 

Does it have a functional purpose? 

-Yes

It can exist for its own sake though, such as nice paintings, music and so on, but personal beauty is a too big part of our survival at this point.

Maybe in a 1000 years.

I don't think women all doll up and sit at home. Obviously they are in self denial. What do you want them to say? I'm putting make up so a dude approaches me, seduces me, takes me out and fucks my brains out?

13 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

I don't think women all doll up and sit at home. Obviously they are in self denial. What do you want them to say? I'm putting make up so a dude approaches me, seduces me, takes me out and fucks my brains out?

Ohhhh yea

1 hour ago, StarStruck said:

Really? If the kind of women you know have to get all dolled up to be approached and seduced, then am sorry for your loss :D

1 hour ago, John Iverson said:

Ohhhh yea

Oh yeah indeed. I was hoping to show you some dots and let you connect them, but that's obviously not going to happen. One more try, here is a picture...

file.jpeg

They do it because it's a cultural norm and expectation, and they don't want to be left out and seem like an outcast. They MUST do it if they want to survive and compete with other women within the culture and attract a high quality mate, so yes they do it "for" men in a sense.

Of course lots of women will tell you they do it because they want to feel good and boost their self-esteem and don't really care about being attractive "for" a man, and I'm sure some of them do genuinely do that. I'm also sure most of them are bullshitting when they say that and are quite unaware of their own subconscious motives. Consider that it's extremely rare in Western culture to see women and girls without make-up ^_^. The ones that are opting not to dress up become aware that they are losing out on the mating game and will be confronted about their choice. Another interesting thing is goth/emo girls who protest the classic "womanly" look, but instead of opting for no make-up they are just hypocrites and just create their own style of make-up :D. They want their cake and to eat it too, so to say.

Don't think this is just special to them though. Men, women, and other genders do things all the time "for" other people and unknowningly mask it as personal choice within the frame of their own minds.

It's par for the course when you're living and operating within a culture.

The work comes from trying to spot all your own behaviors and things you do that aren't really your choice but you're convinced they are.

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

3 minutes ago, Roy said:

They do it because it's a cultural norm and expectation, and they don't want to be left out and seem like an outcast. They MUST do it if they want to survive and compete with other women within the culture and attract a high quality mate, so yes they do it "for" men in a sense.

What about little girls? Why do they play with dolls and dress them all up pretty and stuff, and like shiny things like glitter and unicorns? Is it becuase they must do it to compete in the cut-throat nursery school dating games for the little boys playing with all their mechanical toys and stuff?

And by the way, the type of men who many women will compete and fight for are only like to top 5%. They most certainly do not need to be with one of the top 5% quality mates to survive. We are human beings, not  crocodiles in some inhospitable jungle somewhere..

18 minutes ago, Roy said:

Don't think this is just special to them though. Men, women, and other genders do things all the time "for" other people and unknowningly mask it as personal choice within the frame of their own minds.

What am trying to say is this.. a man may stand outside his fancy house, looking at his fancy cars, and think of all the great things he has achieved and feel really good about himself. A woman may put on a sharp dress, perfectly saloon-ed hair, nails makeup etc (that only a fellow woman would truly notice) and feel good about herself. We are all MOSTLY driven to do the things that make us feel good RIGHT NOW.

Edited by wwhy

1 hour ago, Roy said:

Of course lots of women will tell you they do it because they want to feel good and boost their self-esteem and don't really care about being attractive "for" a man, and I'm sure some of them do genuinely do that. I'm also sure most of them are bullshitting when they say that and are quite unaware of their own subconscious motives. Consider that it's extremely rare in Western culture to see women and girls without make-up ^_^. The ones that are opting not to dress up become aware that they are losing out on the mating game and will be confronted about their choice. Another interesting thing is goth/emo girls who protest the classic "womanly" look, but instead of opting for no make-up they are just hypocrites and just create their own style of make-up :D. They want their cake and to eat it too, so to say.

It's par for the course when you're living and operating within a culture.

The work comes from trying to spot all your own behaviors and things you do that aren't really your choice but you're convinced they are.

Wooooaaaah

58 minutes ago, wwhy said:

What about little girls? Why do they play with dolls and dress them all up pretty and stuff, and like shiny things like glitter and unicorns? Is it becuase they must do it to compete in the cut-throat nursery school dating games for the little boys playing with all their mechanical toys and stuff?

And by the way, the type of men who many women will compete and fight for are only like to top 5%. They most certainly do not need to be with one of the top 5% quality mates to survive. We are human beings, not  crocodiles in some inhospitable jungle somewhere..

We're still operating like an animal tho