mmKay

What foods make you feel good?

42 posts in this topic

I've tried all kinds of diets and foods over the years and idk if it's me but I pretty much only feel good and sharp when fasting. 

Eggs make me bloat

Meat makes me tired and feel heavy

Legumes make me bloat and heavy

Nuts make me bloat

Seeds make my throat feel swollen

Wheat / dairy mke my stomach ache. 

Rice makes me foggy and heavy as fck

These days only avocados, sardines , olive oil / avocado oil, coconut cream and maybe tomatoes ? / cucumber ?/ bell peppers and berries make me feel alright. 

Looking forwars to discover what works well for me, for optimal mental performance and physical energy. 

What works for you? 

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

I like the Lundberg Wild Blend Rice kind of rice, white rice makes me hungry and meh. I love apples, wild blueberries, green beans, spinach, zucchini, cucumbers, grassfed butter, sardines in moderation, celery juice in the mornings, oatmeal, pumpkin, carrots, sweet potatoes. Occasionally walnuts and brazil nuts.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Raw leafy greens like kale, rocket, spinach, beet greens, endive, different lettuces etc...I don't know man, it's like some supernatural boost after eating these.

Also salmon.

Eggs, black olives, greens, fresh pressed coffee. 

Medium rare steak and a great salad. 

Kefir drink. 

Asian style high temperature cooking. 

Make good food combo's. Learn about Ph balance. 

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

2 hours ago, mmKay said:

Eggs make me bloat

Meat makes me tired and feel heavy

Legumes make me bloat and heavy

Nuts make me bloat

Seeds make my throat feel swollen

Wheat / dairy mke my stomach ache. 

Rice makes me foggy and heavy as fck

Damn!! That doesn't sound right

For me personally gigantic insta-pot meals made of 20 veggies, lentils, Indian spices, herbs. Usually eaten over 3-4 days. My pressure cookers gets me through winter :D 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

vegtables, fruit , macha green tea, omega 3 EPA/DHA 2:1 ratio ( can be found in wild fish or capsules or fish oil), chicken breast, sweet potato. Also you might watch Leos video about what to eat, and his supplements video. Feeling good can come from a combination of stuff like food, meditation, cold shower, physical exercise, breathing, being in nature, that's for me. I find working out and then eating healthy carbs and protien make me feel very good, because i feel it's making my metabolic cycle faster and my whole digestive system functions way better.

17 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Damn!! That doesn't sound right

For me personally gigantic insta-pot meals made of 20 veggies, lentils, Indian spices, herbs. Usually eaten over 3-4 days. My pressure cookers gets me through winter :D 

Instant pots are the best! :) 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Chances are, your digestion is not working properly so most foods are going to cause you symptoms.

You could experiment with digestive enzymes / hcl / ox bile supplements.

If you do, look into ancestral supplements (beef pancreas, intestines, gallbladder)

Also, your gut might be damaged so you might need to heal your gut (Completely exclude foods from your diet that damage the gut. The worst are grains, especially gluten-containing ones)

Fruit make me feel the best, i find fruit is the most natural diet for the human body. Next to fasting, nothing feels cleaner/better/sharper.

2 minutes ago, Quantum Toad said:

Fruit make me feel the best, i find fruit is the most natural diet for the human body. Next to fasting, nothing feels cleaner/better/sharper.

I agree, but things like honey or mixing fruits with fats like avocado banana shake definately fog me out .

@mmKay 

I'm the same with rice & grains. 

brown rice & oatmeal , causes brain fog & an unbearable stomach ache immediately.

Best foods for me : 

High quality chicken, lentils carrots potatoes yogurt  ginger (cooking spice) bananas pine nuts 

(Pine nuts are delicious, but expensive)

* Sometimes eggs (probably depends on quality) 

It's hard to get hold of good quality chicken near me though. 

Carrots & potatoes are actually my favourite

Worst foods : 

Coffee, Tea (not herbal) Oats Rice Pesto (stomach ache & diareah) some types of nuts, walnuts, dairy milk, 

Edited by Striving for more

53 minutes ago, Striving for more said:

@mmKay 

I'm the same with rice & grains. 

brown rice & oatmeal , causes brain fog & an unbearable stomach ache immediately.

Best foods for me : 

High quality chicken, lentils carrots potatoes yogurt  ginger (cooking spice) bananas pine nuts 

(Pine nuts are delicious, but expensive)

* Sometimes eggs (probably depends on quality) 

It's hard to get hold of good quality chicken near me though. 

Carrots & potatoes are actually my favourite

Worst foods : 

Coffee, Tea (not herbal) Oats Rice Pesto (stomach ache & diareah) some types of nuts, walnuts, dairy milk, 

Yeah i have issues with with eggs, no matter the quality. But throwing away the white and eating just the yolks works wonders.

Here qulaity chicken breast is 25€ for a kilo!!! 5 times more expensive as the average one ( if you happen to find it in a supermarket ) . Spain is not on top of the organic pasture raised game. 

I love lentils and peas to death but they make me bloat and take super long to digest making me feel heavy, and since a sharp mind is one of my top priorities they are a nope for me :/.

Potatoes are too high carb for me and they kickstart a binge craving to eat more and more carbs. Coliflour does the trick. Anything you can do with potato you can do with coliflour . Works wonders for me. 

27 minutes ago, mmKay said:

Yeah i have issues with with eggs, no matter the quality. But throwing away the white and eating just the yolks works wonders.

Hm never tried that.

28 minutes ago, mmKay said:

Here qulaity chicken breast is 25€ for a kilo!!! 5 times more expensive as the average one ( if you happen to find it in a supermarket ) . Spain is not on top of the organic pasture raised game. 

The UK is really bad at finding high quality meat. 

28 minutes ago, mmKay said:

I love lentils and peas to death but they make me bloat and take super long to digest making me feel heavy, and since a sharp mind is one of my top priorities they are a nope for me :/.

Potatoes are too high carb for me and they kickstart a binge craving to eat more and more carbs. 

TBH Lentils do make me feel heavy. Probably best for the evening. 

Potatoes actually make me feel full & energized, get rid of sugar cravings, not sure why you experience that. 

Rule for nutrition : different things work for different people. Personal experimentation is highest authority. 

Also try blending the lentels really good with a little water and spices. For me it makes it easier to digest noticebly. 

popcorn 100g ish

1 avocado

1 xxl bubble tea with tapioca

not too many vegetables or fruit

2/3 GOOD eggs

gluten free oats

sugar free almond milk

it's about quantity too bro, be mindful of that shit

Edited by levani

MAYOR BREAKTHROUGH INSIGHT : Chew food. A lot more. Like 60 chews per single bite. Just came off a 80 hour water fast and had no issue whatsoever with some steamed pork that usually would feel heavy. 

Shoveling food down has been one big issue for me. 

The difference is huge. 

Also remove a food from your diet entirely for at least couple of weeks and then be very mindful of how it makes you feel once reintroduced : gut pain, diharrea, brain fog, sluggishnegs... Test eggs, dairy, meat, nuts, nut buttera, nightshades, lentils, etc.

This technique compounds into ultimate knowledge of your gut over time. Do not dismiss this. 

Edited by mmKay