Tovius

"Maybe this is it"

21 posts in this topic

One huge problem I'm having towards a non dual experience is my anticipation for it every time I meditate,  contemplate, etc. 

Wanting it, so I wait for it to come. Every time I feel it's close to happening I start to think it's it, and lose it.

How can I progress past this?

5 minutes ago, Tovius said:

One huge problem I'm having towards a non dual experience is my anticipation for it every time I meditate,  contemplate, etc. 

Wanting it, so I wait for it to come. Every time I feel it's close to happening I start to think it's it, and lose it.

By recognizing there's actually nothing to do.

Everything is already a non-dual experience, it's just whether it's recognized or not.

When you're not identified with the mind's habitual thinking and feeling like a separate individual in a great big confusing world... there is just BEing  

Be the Watcher of thoughts not the identifier ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

33 minutes ago, Tovius said:

Simply return the breath to consciously breathing from the stomach. Nothing’s gonna happen. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Work on returning to your focus point for your meditation when you have those thoughts. If you really want a nondual experience, psychedelics will likely get you there much faster and to a higher degree if you’re anything like me. I’ve experienced no-mind satoris that lasted weeks from meditating, but they came nowhere close to what 6 grams of mushrooms or 1000 micrograms of LSD showed me. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

@Tovius This is it. 

It's happening now. You just haven't recognised it yet. 

The anticipation you are experiencing is normal. 

Drop into/experience the presence of awareness when you practice. 

Whatever that feels like, that's it. 

Let go of everything else. Let go of any effort. 

Rupert Spira and Adyashanti have some good meditation practices for this. 

Edited by Surfingthewave

On 1/31/2021 at 3:46 PM, VeganAwake said:

By recognizing there's actually nothing to do.

Everything is already a non-dual experience, it's just whether it's recognized or not.

When you're not identified with the mind's habitual thinking and feeling like a separate individual in a great big confusing world... there is just BEing  

Be the Watcher of thoughts not the identifier ❤

Don't try to be the watcher. It might give you a headache. Better to ask, "Who is seeing/hearing/sensing?"

In order to recognize there's nothing to do, a lot needs to be done.

11 hours ago, vladorion said:

In order to recognize there's nothing to do, a lot needs to be done.

For the ego there's always something else that needs to be done, that's how it keeps itself alive. ❤

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

The Buddha said that desire is suffering, and spiritual desires are no exception, just more refined perhaps. 

There is no more progress for you or me, because nondual experience is a temporary death of the self which wants, which seeks. This is the paradox, the difficulty: the seeking to get something, experience something, is another survival strategy for the self. 

So what to do? How to find the pathless path? Who was it who said, 'There is no path but only a fool doesn't walk it.' I love that quote because we need to find that wholeness, love, which is already here, it is this, me, already. 

There's lots of techniques, honestly I have no idea what will 'work' for you, relaxing that clinging to outcomes, intentions and beliefs. One which does for me is letting go: of thoughts, experience, sensation, notice the awareness happening by itself. Let go of letting go, then what is left - just a single field of awareness with no watcher, no watched. 

Edited by snowyowl

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

When the ME/ego/individual is clearly seen to be unreal, it may continue to lead for a while but just like when the bottom of the bucket falls out it will never hold water again. ❤

On 2021-01-31 at 2:32 PM, Tovius said:

When you are starting to anticipate something to happen can you see the anticipation and drop it?

On 31/01/2021 at 1:32 PM, Tovius said:

Keep going! You almost got it! :P :P :P 

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Only when the bucket is emptied out

@Tovius This is where a psychedelic is helpful. It will clearly show you that all your ideas of awakening are nowhere close to "it".

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

10 hours ago, WelcometoReality said:

When you are starting to anticipate something to happen can you see the anticipation and drop it?

Accept the anticipation and the anticipation dissipates xD

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Tovius one can wait for an eternity when waiting for something which is already the case.

can the fish in the ocean ever find water? it can swim around - searching to no end... "I've heard of thing thing called water, it's the most obvious thing, too obvious, and that's why perhaps most elusive"

the waiting for it is what puts a veil over the fact that the fish is always and already surrounded by water. waiting denies and overlooks the current and expects something in the next moment... when what will end the search is already here and now, then the searching based in finding it "there and then" will go on for eternity.

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

12 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Accept the anticipation and the anticipation dissipates xD

:D?

This might be helpful too.

He is not talking about existence of chronological time to be clear, but if you get grasp of this it could be just the push you need.