Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seemore

Female enlightenment vs male enlightenment?

27 posts in this topic

Truth transcends gender. There are feminine and masculine facets to God though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Consilience said:

Truth transcends gender. There are feminine and masculine facets to God though. 

Yes.

Women are generally closer to enlightenment because the feminine energy embodies important principles of surrender and letting go.

But men seem to be more likely to end up alone and without distractions like relationships, which makes sincere seeking more effective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, No Self said:

Yes.

Women are generally closer to enlightenment because the feminine energy embodies important principles of surrender and letting go.

But men seem to be more likely to end up alone and without distractions like relationships, which makes sincere seeking more effective.

Really? Surrender to what

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably @mandyjw has some insights to share.


If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Male: head awakening first, hearth second

Female: hearth first, head second

I've seen it irl. When women already have began awakening their kundalini without intellectual understanding of what non duality or even awakening actually means.

And men usually mentally masturbate a thousand theories before even meditating seriously.

Women get a head start but have to correct their course over time, men start slower but usually take more correct action when they finally begin serious work.

Edited by Michal__

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Female is the negative space of male, like male is the negative space of female. In order to create and combine you must first separate. Then you can combine in infinite ways. Think about how separate colors are possible. Red objects absorb all other colors but reflect or reject red light and so they appear red. White light or every single color is inherent in the select color red. Lights off, no red. Pure light, no red. Same with male and female. You can think of this by anatomical differences or psychological differences. One cannot exist without the other. To go further with that, each and every unique manifestation of all the billions of people and everything else on the planet is the same way.

It's leaving something out to say that red isn't really a separate color because the experience of the color red depends on white light itself or the entire color spectrum. It's also leaving something out to say that red IS a distinct color. Nonduality and duality are one. We cannot say non -something without the thought of that something. 

So understanding all that, the female identity partly forms itself in opposite or in compliment to the male psyche. Essentially this means that we experience suffering differently. Like the color red, we reject certain parts of ourselves and therefore identify. Identification is saying this part of what I think I experience is me, and this other part is not me. Pure awareness does not distinguish between the sound of my voice or someone else's voice, it is thought that distinguishes. Making these distinctions for the purpose of creation is beautiful, but making these distinctions to cut oneself off from creation is suffering.

Each individual person has formed uniquely different ways in which they suffer, identify and unique beliefs which hold these thought patterns in place. So what does this mean when it comes to enlightenment? Enlightenment is the transcendence of suffering. So the same goal can mean letting go of very different beliefs.

You can have people who are assertive and arrogant, who cut themselves off from feeling how they affect others and who (apparently) suffer from pride and disconnection. Or you can have people who are shy and feel inadequate, who feel rejection and tap into empathic suffering with others so strongly that they hide from the world. Red and green are opposites on the color wheel and yet, have a lot in common. The movement of suffering is the very same. The insecure person inwardly struggles with pride and the prideful person inwardly struggles with inadequacy. They may reflect different colors to the world but they experience the same suffering. 

That's why two people's paths can look like absolute opposites of each other, but really aren't at all. 


My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Seemore said:

Thoughts?

Be God and forget about male and female.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Seemore oneness awakes by itself.


My Instagram: @dima.happy.living Open for private online sessions for spiritual guidance. Happy to help, by helping others we help ourselves 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

7 hours ago, No Self said:

 

But men seem to be more likely to end up alone and without distractions like relationships, which makes sincere seeking more effective.

There are no distractions from enlightenment outside of your own thoughts about them. A lot of traditions make people assume that they require intense periods of solitude. This is a common desire that comes up on the path, but is not a requirement. It's way more fluid and mysterious than that. If you want relationships and avoid them to get enlightenment first, it won't work because enlightenment is not a thing you can obtain that is separate from your desires in life.

A lot of momentum happened when I became a mother, I found that my identity completely had to change and I started suffering more intensely in new ways. This lead to asking a lot of questions, and reaching for answers and feeling better. 

Everyone ends up in completely unchartered waters as some point. 

Enlightenment is way more wild and wonderful than anything you can think about it.


My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

David Deida once described the

  • male way of enlightenment as a search for freedom (freedom from constriction, search for release, emptying oneself, identifying what one is NOT)
  • and the female way as a search for unconditional love (becoming "full" of love, compassion and taking all things as part of yourself, surrender, openness)

So the approach is different, but in the end freedom and love turn out to be two sides of the same coin.


My YouTube channel: "The Inward Morning"

Dei nostri templum terrarum orbus est

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, mandyjw said:

Female is the negative space of male, like male is the negative space of female. In order to create and combine you must first separate. Then you can combine in infinite ways. Think about how separate colors are possible. Red objects absorb all other colors but reflect or reject red light and so they appear red. White light or every single color is inherent in the select color red. Lights off, no red. Pure light, no red. Same with male and female. You can think of this by anatomical differences or psychological differences. One cannot exist without the other. To go further with that, each and every unique manifestation of all the billions of people and everything else on the planet is the same way.

It's leaving something out to say that red isn't really a separate color because the experience of the color red depends on white light itself or the entire color spectrum. It's also leaving something out to say that red IS a distinct color. Nonduality and duality are one. We cannot say non -something without the thought of that something. 

So understanding all that, the female identity partly forms itself in opposite or in compliment to the male psyche. Essentially this means that we experience suffering differently. Like the color red, we reject certain parts of ourselves and therefore identify. Identification is saying this part of what I think I experience is me, and this other part is not me. Pure awareness does not distinguish between the sound of my voice or someone else's voice, it is thought that distinguishes. Making these distinctions for the purpose of creation is beautiful, but making these distinctions to cut oneself off from creation is suffering.

Each individual person has formed uniquely different ways in which they suffer, identify and unique beliefs which hold these thought patterns in place. So what does this mean when it comes to enlightenment? Enlightenment is the transcendence of suffering. So the same goal can mean letting go of very different beliefs.

You can have people who are assertive and arrogant, who cut themselves off from feeling how they affect others and who (apparently) suffer from pride and disconnection. Or you can have people who are shy and feel inadequate, who feel rejection and tap into empathic suffering with others so strongly that they hide from the world. Red and green are opposites on the color wheel and yet, have a lot in common. The movement of suffering is the very same. The insecure person inwardly struggles with pride and the prideful person inwardly struggles with inadequacy. They may reflect different colors to the world but they experience the same suffering. 

That's why two people's paths can look like absolute opposites of each other, but really aren't at all. 

This is amazing! Interesting perspective 💎

3 hours ago, flume said:

David Deida once described the

  • male way of enlightenment as a search for freedom (freedom from constriction, search for release, emptying oneself, identifying what one is NOT)
  • and the female way as a search for unconditional love (becoming "full" of love, compassion and taking all things as part of yourself, surrender, openness)

So the approach is different, but in the end freedom and love turn out to be two sides of the same coin.

That's what came to my mind first thing when I read the title. Not sure if I remember correctly but didn't he also say that the freedom the male energy looks for ultimately turns into love as well? So yes, they are both facets of the same, but somehow the ultimate surrender of both energies leaves only love. 

Almaas said something similar in "Facets of Unity". He describes multiple facets of Reality, like freedom, truth, love, perfection, origin etc. - but in the end, love is the most central, the most fundamental facet that shines in all of the other ones. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I disagree with David Deida.

Love is more fundamental than freedom.


The true heresy is hearsay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Seemore

There's no difference whatsover (from a female perspective)

Male/female is another duality to become a non duality. With enough work you can get there. 

🙏 

Edited by Surfingthewave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, tsuki said:

I disagree with David Deida.

Love is more fundamental than freedom.

I think that's his view as well actually, I also mentioned it above

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recently heard that women seek security and men seek freedom (as a generalization of course). It makes a lot of sense and explains a lot of the conflicts men and women have in their misunderstandings of what these things are and how to get them. True security, Freedom and Love are all, already "properties" of Awareness itself. So we seek ourselves beyond limitations, not knowing we already intimately are that. As we align with that we are able to embody unique traits and gifts inherent in gender and individuality in a creative way and not in a survival way. 


My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

I think that's his view as well actually, I also mentioned it above

Oh, sorry then 😅


The true heresy is hearsay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2021 at 10:28 PM, Seemore said:

Thoughts?

How do you feel about losing the “identity” (“female” / “male”), and being neither and both? 


MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Nahm  I'm aware of, can feel, the maleness of my body/mind. But, is awareness itself free from the forms it contains, or is it one with the form, the masculinity or femininity? If it's all one, then I don't see how I can lose my identity while I'm alive as a man. 


"This is death already."  Jim Newman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0