Mips

5-Meo terror?

32 posts in this topic

I’m yet to try 5-Meo but would like to use it to assist awakening at some point. I’ve heard many times that it’s common to go through intense fear/terror before breakthrough as the ego tries to hold on. What’s the best way to soften the blow and make the ride easier to breakthrough?

Does this quickly get easier with subsequent experiences? I’m assuming that you get used to the process and breakthrough becomes easier with practice?

Cheers.

@Mips Postpone the date of the trip, so you have more time to be in fear. The more time you have, the more you can spread the fear out between now and the trip time, so the fear will be less intense at any given moment.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

48 minutes ago, Mips said:

Does this quickly get easier with subsequent experiences? I’m assuming that you get used to the process and breakthrough becomes easier with practice?

Yes

You can get so used to it that it becomes enjoyable. That's how it is now for me.

First time I had a panic attack though. So yeah... it's gonna mindfuck you a few times.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes

You can get so used to it that it becomes enjoyable. That's how it is now for me.

First time I had a panic attack though. So yeah... it's gonna mindfuck you a few times.

It's refreshing to be conscious that you are God.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Leo Gura so 5-meo is not a psychological horror experience, but just pure conscioussness? why does this produce panic attacks? i've yet to try it

7 minutes ago, North Sea said:

@Leo Gura so 5-meo is not a psychological horror experience, but just pure conscioussness? why does this produce panic attacks? i've yet to try it

You have to take into account that many psychonaut trip for pure recreation. With that intention, when the mind stumbles upon something that it wasn't expecting or more radical that it could imagine, the instant reaction is normal to be of rejection and fear.

However I've seen that in spiritual users ready to explore, it doesn't produce that many negative experiences. I don't know the details of Leo's panic attack on his first dose of 5-MeO, but I am not sure that could be labeled as a bad trip. I consider a bad trip a session of several hours of insanity, fear, and madness. 

37 minutes ago, North Sea said:

the body often tends to react in fear when faced with completely new situations. it's an important survival mechanism.

Look at how cautious and fearful this tribe of people is encountering for the first time stuff that is completely banal to you now. 

2 hours ago, North Sea said:

because it completely vanishes the illusion of being an individual in which we live. what is achieved with years of meditation, renunciation, etc.,(if it occurred) happens in five minutes by force, it is normal that it can be terrifying

3 hours ago, North Sea said:

It will be whatever your mind makes of it.

Some people are scared of black people. Is that because black people are scary, or because their mind is stuck?

It is your responsibility how you use your mind to interpret things.

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes

Thanks Leo. Do you have any tips to make the journey easier? Someone suggested vaping at a low temperature so you can take many successive small, relatively mild puffs in order to have precise control over the onset up to breakthrough..

For me It was a worst nightmare. It wasn't scary, I was just tired of 10 minutes of infinity. It felt like never ending cycles of suffering - exactly the same as in "real" life but much faster. I just visited that I could vanish.

However just after a trip I felt instantly ready to trip again. Something like a rollercoaster ride - you were scared but want to do it again. I'm still scared to repeat vaping and I'm postponing it.

@Mips Do your research, be mindful and when you do do it, commit to it with an open mind. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

9 hours ago, Mips said:

Do you have any tips to make the journey easier?

Be very careful with dosing.

Plug instead of vape/snort.

Always on an empty stomach.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Be very careful with dosing.

Plug instead of vape/snort.

Always on an empty stomach.

When plugging do I just disolve in water, or mix the salt form with vinegar and water?

Edited by Rolo

14 hours ago, Mips said:

Someone suggested vaping at a low temperature so you can take many successive small, relatively mild puffs in order to have precise control over the onset up to breakthrough..

I may have been the one to suggest that. Keep in mind that I am referring to a dry herb electric vape set to a suboptimal vaporizing temperature (such as 428 degrees). There will definitely be effects, yet it may be more difficult to reach high breakthrough states. 

And I’d stop reading terror reports. You don’t want to create a self-fulfilling prophecy. Keep in mind that some people use 5-meo recreationally because it’s so pleasurable. 

4 hours ago, Rolo said:

When plugging do I just disolve in water, or mix the salt form with vinegar and water?

Salt form should dissolve in water only, freebase in vinegar

36 minutes ago, Chris365 said:

Salt form should dissolve in water only, freebase in vinegar

The salt batch I got before was soooo insoluble

On 10/01/2021 at 3:14 AM, Mips said:

I’ve heard many times that it’s common to go through intense fear/terror before breakthrough as the ego tries to hold on. 

I don't think 5meo should be feared at all. Respected yes, very much so. But feared? No. You might even cause yourself to experience more fear by expecting fear so much. (Which is quite possibly what happened to Leo with his first trip). No fear

12 hours ago, Forestluv said:

I may have been the one to suggest that. Keep in mind that I am referring to a dry herb electric vape set to a suboptimal vaporizing temperature (such as 428 degrees). There will definitely be effects, yet it may be more difficult to reach high breakthrough states. 

And I’d stop reading terror reports. You don’t want to create a self-fulfilling prophecy. Keep in mind that some people use 5-meo recreationally because it’s so pleasurable. 

Thanks, this is very useful - I was wondering that - although wouldn’t it be a good way to get used to the effects before going for full breakthrough?

Good to know people do it for recreation.

Thanks to everyone - I think the general message of not getting caught in a self fulfilling idea of fear is spot on.

44 minutes ago, Mips said:

although wouldn’t it be a good way to get used to the effects before going for full breakthrough?

In a sense yes, but you can't really prepare for a breakthrough. It's either full surrender or not. The substance itself, also in small doses, feels very very nice. 

I also experienced panic a few times, mainly due to being scared to stop breathing. Many people report this same fear, it's quite common. To me, it was the last barrier - to be okay with actually dying, while simultaneously trusting that the body will breath by itself (albeit very slowly) when you do reasonable, safe doses. On the other side it is very clear then that fear is nothing without thought, so all thought needs to be surrendered. When you're really unsure about your breathing, maybe sit somewhere instead of lying down, it helped me once.

I haven't gone in nearly enough - I'm still scared of my own panic. Loving and trusting is the way.

Edited by peanutspathtotruth