Adamq8

What do you think really happens when we die?

45 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Dino D said:

When you die, people who love you cry...

When you die, people who love you die as well. 

Nothing dies AND nothing goes on living because there already isn't a YOU.

It's some kind of boundless smart energy that also has the ability to constrict itself creating an individual experience within the body.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

1 hour ago, VeganAwake said:

It's some kind of boundless smart energy that also has the ability to constrict itself creating an individual experience within the body.

Sounds like you don't mind if in next life this smart energy will be factory cow, not human.

@VeganAwake

3 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

Kind of a... Good guess.

3 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

What teachings are you following now?Moved from Neo Advaita? 

Boundless energy =Love 

Oh pls create individual experience on top of my(oh yes like going on your nerves sometimes)body, won't complain. 

Conventional content wise no idea. maybe the life of another human or a butterfly or plant ? Consciousness goes on forever though so whatever it chooses to dream up. 

When Leo dies, when all of us die, will this world and all of the stones and cars stop existing?

Or will those things still be there in a sense of being without awareness or consciousnes...

Does matter exist without Leo and awareness?

If all beings on that planet would go to sleep at the same time? Would the planet stop existing and being or would still everything egsist, work and function(bloodflow, gravity, spining of the world) just without anybody being aware or conscious of it?

Edited by Dino D
Grammar

Well, look at what happens in the world around us. A tree dies and falls over in the forest, the beetles come and start disassembling it. Is anything lost? No, everything is reused. I don’t see why it would be different with our body and mind. All will fall apart, the unity will be lost, but it will be used again or recycled in another way.

It is only the enlightened who are like a dewdrop falling off a leaf into the ocean, dissolving on death into the universe. 

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

@Adamq8

The huge relief may come with a self realization. It's possible to realize that whatever is reading these words is beyond space and time. It never comes and go, always here, always peaceful peace. 

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

No, you were not there before you were born, and you will not be there or aware when you die...

But things other from you, were there and will be there beside of you... like a stone, or other humans, we are one and the same only in concept, in the practical truth the stone is there apart from you, besides of you, and independent of you... it exists without being in your awareness or in your consciousness, and when your consciousness goes, the sone remains existing and being without it...

Saying we are all one is a concept... one apple, 10 apples, 10 apples together are not one apple, yes they are one bunch of apples but not one and the same apple...

ocean is a concept, a particle/molecule of water is what it is... the ocean is just a lot of H20, but its not the same H20, like apples..

i know apples is also a concept it can be viewed as atoms, electrons and so on...  but I just use examples to pin to my point... 

5 hours ago, Haloman said:

Sounds like you don't mind if in next life this smart energy will be factory cow, not human.

Well what's being pointed to, is that which thinks IT may be a factory cow in the next life is an illusory identification made possible by boundless energy. 

So that personalized ME within the body is not alive or dead, it actually never was real in the first place.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

17 hours ago, James123 said:

@Adamq8 

Just read it brother.  You can find answer of your question with details. 

You are just avoiding the question.

If I ask you what are you gonna lunch tomorow, it doesn´t make sense you use that kind of Nothing/Absolute explanation: tomorrow is a tought, so an ilusion; lunch is an illusion and so on. You answer what you are gonna lunch or you answer "I don´t know" I you haven´t plan it yet. 

However, when someone ask the death question, many of you use that kind of advaita-vedanta anwer. Wouldn´t it be more honest to just say "I don´t know"?

Edited by RedLine

@RedLine Yep. The thing about the dream theory is that nobody fears going to sleep, even the least conscious people, animals, etc... But when it comes to physical death, even the most awake is afraid and tries to escape it at all costs. It really is a stupid thing to say that reality is but a dream, cuz it ain't.

Edited by Gesundheit

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

What does it matter what I think.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

It's gonna be like before I was born. Or when I'm in deep sleep. Utter and complete emptiness. At least that's where I'm at right now.

I could throw in a popular nondual answer like "you merge with the universe" or "you become unconditional love" and I'd like to think that, but it wouldn't be an honest post. 

6 minutes ago, nistake said:

It's gonna be like before I was born. Or when I'm in deep sleep. Utter and complete emptiness. At least that's where I'm at right now.

I could throw in a popular nondual answer like "you merge with the universe" or "you become unconditional love" and I'd like to think that, but it wouldn't be an honest post. 

You can be aware during deep sleep (Some enlinghten people are aware during all sleep phases). So it is not  complete emptiness.

Edited by RedLine

Thank you all for your input :)

I guess i will share my perspective on Death.

Ive had several awakening experiences where it got recognized that iam nothing but GOD, like everything else is.

And that the Mind of God is infinite and imagination BUT it is still an extremely limited view of the totality of everything.

because it is EVERYTHING, it is not really concieveable.

We can understand alot of things about how creation works and so forth but we can't really understand it all.

We can know tho that the universe is a mental place.

The universe is nothing but an idea in the infinite nothingness which is gods mind.

So yeah we are god but we are not GOD at the same time.

It is so complex.

So what happens when we die according to my belief?

Cause it is really a belief cause we can't know for certain what happens after the body is gone.

Tho we can die before we die and realize that death is not a bad thing.

I do feel that we have the opportunity to choose for ourself what happens when we die.

One possibility is that we enter the realm of Mind, in pictures and imagination, different stages of death, where your thoughts and so forth manifest anything.

Like an lucid dream, we will dream about stuff, it will be extremely subtle.

More or less like an psychedelic trip.

where our identity gets lost as a human and we merge with the universe.

We have to go full circle and realize the impossibility of us being here and having this kind of experience.

there is nothing to say that it won't happen again.

You can wake up to Conciousness being all that there is.

So even without an experience and poff you are gone it is still conciousness which holds the non experience in nothingness.

You came from the nothingness and to it you shall return, but recognize please that your Mind is also nothingness which thoughts occur in and goes back into nothingness.

Imagination and thoughts is the creative power of the Mind.

Same with the universal Mind.

Universals Minds true state is " deep sleep" " nothingness" "eternal rest" 

Cause you are untouched also from the images and imagination of your mind.

same with GOD.

So nothingness is Mind.

Everthing gets recycled in nature forever and ever.

Life IS and death and birth is opposites.

Where does an idea go after you thought it?

Nothingness

where does a thought arise from?

Nothingness.

Where do you come from?

Nothingness.

God is beyond being and non being, just realize that nothingness is GOD and has infinite potential for everything to happen.

So even if we return to nothingness and it is over, we shall begin again cause everything is the same thing manifesting as many things. 

Everything is connected.

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

@Adamq8 ? There are metaphysical levels that could be discussed beyond your comments, but overall right on.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

29 minutes ago, RedLine said:

You can be aware during deep sleep (Some enlinghten people are aware during all sleep phases). So it is not  complete emptiness.

Yeah, good point.

6 minutes ago, Moksha said:

@Adamq8 ? There are metaphysical levels that could be discussed beyond your comments, but overall right on.

Thank you brother.

And im most certainly up for more discussion about Metaphysics, maybe we should open a thread about that or continue on in this thread. 

I also somehow recognize that the subconcious mind is more intouch with GOD.

It is like an portal to GOD.

Cause when the default mode network in the brain gets " removed" you recognize the infinite nature and that GOD IS. 

there is alot going on around us and in us that we are not aware of, but we can become aware of it 

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius