Antor8188

Isnt thinking that you are god a form of ego as well?

79 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

You aren't a noun, you're a verb, an activity, or not even that. 

I like that perspective to bring awareness into Now. As a noun, the mind can create all sorts of identity constructs that continue through time. Yet as a verb, attention is focused on what is happening Here and Now. In this case, rather than "I am God", it would be "I am Godding". Right Here and Now, I am Godding. . . Yet I'm just drinking coffee and typing, how can that be Godding? . . . It challenges the mind's pre-conceived constructs and what God looks like and what 'should' be God. 

3 minutes ago, Red-White-Light said:

No, but look at the damage he’s done. 

There's no damage... that's an idea. If you think that is damage, then it is...

There's no damage in God's mind... it can't be damaged... what it does, it's what it is...

Sometimes there's the need of something to break to bring space to something new. The fruit has to die, to fertilize the ground so it will spread seeds so a new tree will be born...

What seems damage now it can be a blessing later...

Edited by abrakamowse
grammar

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

41 minutes ago, 4201 said:

What exactly is beyond senses? How do you know you exist if it's not something you can sense?

YOU ARE!

How do you know you exist if it's not something you can sense?

how do you know you exist? ask yourself, DO I EXIST? or AM I AWARE?

the answer YES which you will surely arrive at. where and how is that answer recieved?

is there a light which flashes after you ask that question and then you say yes? or is it just a deep, already available knowing? ... KNOWING

you can be moving, reading, learning, believing and thinking... OR

be still and KNOW!

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

17 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

YOU ARE!

How do you know you exist if it's not something you can sense?

how do you know you exist? ask yourself, DO I EXIST? or AM I AWARE?

the answer YES which you will surely arrive at. where and how is that answer recieved?

is there a light which flashes after you ask that question and then you say yes? or is it just a deep, already available knowing? ... KNOWING

you can be moving, reading, learning, believing and thinking... OR

be still and KNOW!

Ok then, this "you" that is beyond senses, what is it exactly? What is it's nature? Is it a thing just like an apple or a tree?

3 minutes ago, 4201 said:

Ok then, this "you" that is beyond senses, what is it exactly? What is it's nature? Is it a thing just like an apple or a tree?

There is nothing, pure and utterly empty. 

That is awareness true state.

NOTHING.

NO THING. 

Infinite indescribable.

And your senses aint nothing but conciousness either.

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

8 minutes ago, 4201 said:

Is it a thing

It is not "a thing" that's the problem...

;)

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

3 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

@4201 it's what you are!

You cannot know it like you know other things. In the same way an eye cannot see itself. It can only know itself.

Then what's the difference between knowing and assuming? Does seeing automatically means that there is an eye?

That being said you didn't answer the question. Thankfully we got many people shouting the answer xD If "I" is not a thing then there is nothing beyond senses, and so "I exists  = nothing exists" which is no different from "nothing doesn't exists".

If you think "I am god" but forget that "I = nothing", then I believe it is a deeply egoic statement. That was my point, sorry for the back and forth xD

@Leo Gura In your eyes, would it be better for someone who is arrogant saying that they are God but technically being right, like if Trump said he was God, technically he would be right by your reasoning. Or someone being humble and saying they do not know if they are God but ultimately it was coming from a place of humility? Isnt how you derive knowing that you are God more important for someone simply just stating they are God, or you just convincing them that they are God???

1 hour ago, SS10 said:

@Leo Gura like if Trump said he was God, technically he would be right by your reasoning.

This would be pure devilry.

And no, he would not be right by my reasoning because he is not conscious that he is God. He's just parroting words that he heard. My teachings repeatedly tell you not to believe things and not to parrot things you are not conscious of.

Or someone being humble and saying they do not know if they are God but ultimately it was coming from a place of humility?

This would be better if that's what the person truly felt/believed.

Isnt how you derive knowing that you are God more important for someone simply just stating they are God, or you just convincing them that they are God???

When have I ever said that our work here is about empty statements of you being God?

This has nothing to do with my teachings.

If you are not conscious that you are God, then do not claim you are God. Claim that you do not know what you are.

If you believe you are human, then state so.

When I tell you that you are God, I am telling you what you can become conscious of if you work at it. In the same way that if I tell you about Alaska that is so that you could one day visit Alaska for yourself. Believing that you are in Alaska while you are not is idiocy.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It is ego to think you are not God.

The ego thinks that by acting humble it is being truthful, but the opposite is the case.

It is also ego to think you are god :)

Any thought that pops into your mind is ego.

Is thinking you are god really closer to the truth than thinking you are not god ? Is the ego being identified with the idea of being god not just as much delusion as being identified with the idea of being a human and individual ? It seems to me that being identified with the idea of being god will solidify the ego even more.

In another comment you said :

"Ego can understand that it is God. And in a sense that's correct. It is God. 

My ego knows it's God, but it doesn't become too narcissistic about it. You can think of it as an expanded ego. A trans-human ego."

The ego doesn't even exist. It seems to me anything that the ego "knows" is intellectual and illusion. Any real knowledge is intuitive and comes from a deeper place. Some would say it comes from your soul or source itself. So if a part of you intuitively knows it is god, that is not your ego.

Also the way I see it and expanded ego would be an ego with a very large circle of concern, with deep compassion for a large number of beings. Not exactly what I am sensing from you. 

Obviously acting humble is ego, but it seems to me, the more humble someone actually is, the less his or her ego is identified with form and therefore the closer it is from dissolving. So you could say the humbler someone is the closer he or she is from the truth. 

I remember you saying that a good way to evaluate a spiritual teacher is to feel how humble he or she is. I have felt this humbleness, this peace and grace in some of your videos. But in so many other videos and so many of your comments, I can feel your ego, and it is not even subtle! (could be in part projection)

I am rather a noob in this whole spiritual process, so maybe I am not seeing the full picture, but I hope to feel this humbleness, peace and grace from you again. Until then, the content of your videos may be great, but the way it is delivered doesn't resonate with me. Another way to say it is that your energy vibration doesn't resonate with me. Like literally I start listening to one of your episode, because my mind is interested in what you have to say, but after some time I am just turned off.

Finally I want to say you had a hugely beneficial impact on my life, mainly from motivating me to try psychedelics and especially 5 meo, but also from your content. So thank you.

2 hours ago, 4201 said:

Then what's the difference between knowing and assuming? Does seeing automatically means that there is an eye?

That being said you didn't answer the question. Thankfully we got many people shouting the answer xD If "I" is not a thing then there is nothing beyond senses, and so "I exists  = nothing exists" which is no different from "nothing doesn't exists".

If you think "I am god" but forget that "I = nothing", then I believe it is a deeply egoic statement. That was my point, sorry for the back and forth xD

Like ? ❤

Remember if the one that is saying "I believe it is a deeply egoic statement" isn't real, that also makes an egoic statement unreal.

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@4201 if you wore a mask during halloween, got hit on the head with a bat, got knocked out, then woke up again and saw a mirror in the hospital you're in, you see your mask and freak out and then accept you are this person you see in the mirror, 5-10 mins pass and you regain your memory and see that it's not you, it's a mask! you're below it.

it's like you don't need to take off the mask to know that you're the one wearing it. you can have the insight that Oh, this isn't my face - I'm wearing a mask. This knowing is intuitive. or like in a lucid dream. you know your real body is on your bed sleeping. that too is a knowing/insight.

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

Thinking that you are God is evil, but being GOD or knowing that you are is different...

4 hours ago, Forestluv said:

I like that perspective to bring awareness into Now. As a noun, the mind can create all sorts of identity constructs that continue through time. Yet as a verb, attention is focused on what is happening Here and Now. In this case, rather than "I am God", it would be "I am Godding". Right Here and Now, I am Godding. . . Yet I'm just drinking coffee and typing, how can that be Godding? . . . It challenges the mind's pre-conceived constructs and what God looks like and what 'should' be God. 

@mandyjw Yeah, it´s very good :D Instantly put me into the present moment O.o

26 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

@mandyjw Yeah, it´s very good :D Instantly put me into the present moment O.o

You mean it put you in the present-ing? :DxD

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

12 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

You mean it put you in the present-ing? :DxD

yeah!;)

@Leo Gura But if we are God, then how come our knowledge is limited. If God is all of existence, then surely it is all-knowing. The fact that we are not all-knowing shows that there is a difference between us and the all-knowing God.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

9 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

@Leo Gura But if we are God, then how come our knowledge is limited. If God is all of existence, then surely it is all-knowing. The fact that we are not all-knowing shows that there is a difference between us and the all-knowing God.

You got a lot of assumptions going there.

God doesn't work the way you assume. Stop assuming shit.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.