Antor8188

Isnt thinking that you are god a form of ego as well?

79 posts in this topic

On 12/3/2020 at 2:24 PM, Antor8188 said:

Isnt it a form  of ego If i think i am god and i am the whole universe? I am saying this because although i dont perceive myself as an individual human being with physical and mental characteristics, i still perceive myself to be something which is the entire universe. 

What difference does it make? You’re operating from a belief system. Become conscious of who and what you are.

You are regardless of what you think.

On 05/12/2020 at 3:56 AM, Leo Gura said:

Ego is not a thought or a group of thoughts. Ego is a state of consciousness.

You can have an egoless state of consciousness with plenty of thoughts arising. Or you can have an egoic state of consciousness with no thoughts arising.

Depends what you mean by thoughts arising. Even consciously thinking something is form arising. But if you mean thoughts that just pop up in your mind then no, that's not really an egoless state. That would be a state of consciousness that transcends ego, so that there is a distance between the awareness and thoughts. So in that state it feels like a voice is talking in your head.

But in a true egoless state, there are no thoughts that just pop up in your mind. Complete blissful silence.

At least that is how I make the distinction from personal experience. 

On 05/12/2020 at 3:23 AM, Inliytened1 said:

Remember you are warned repeatedly not to take these teachings as ideology.  So yes you must watch out for self deception.  The ego will want to co-opt these teachings for itself.    That is true in life and in this work.  Yes the Truth is found in a deeper place or a place prior to language and thought.  Then when you come back to a finite state of consciousness you can say you are God.    

Leo gives you deep Truths as if they are no big deal.  That's his style.  He doesn't beat around the bush - rather he tells you the fastest path to enlightenment...aka psychedelics, while providing the conceptual framework. He is not gonna wipe your ass though - that's up to you.

I think Leo is overly focus on the content and not enough on the delivery. When I listen or watch other "spiritual teachers" I get in a more peaceful and loving place. There is like an energy transmission happening. For me that is what matters the most.  

3 minutes ago, knakoo said:

I think Leo is overly focus on the content and not enough on the delivery. When I listen or watch other "spiritual teachers" I get in a more peaceful and loving place. There is like an energy transmission happening. For me that is what matters the most.  

Interesting. One thing I notice is that Leo is very good with communicating through facial expressions, tone of voice and rhythm. In one channel, that is helpful to articulate ideas - yet as you mention, there are other energetic channels as well. For example, relaxing an audience into a peaceful place can be helpful in articulating ideas.

I went to an Adyashanti retreat and he was super good at relaxing the audience. After 10min. It was like everyone took a Xanax. It was a good environment and a lot of people could relax their guard. 

23 minutes ago, knakoo said:

But in a true egoless state, there are no thoughts that just pop up in your mind. Complete blissful silence.

That is not a general case, that is a special case.

Thoughts themselves are not ego. Inner dialogue is not ego either.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Saying that you're God can be ego if it is coming from a place of ego.
Saying that you're God is the Truth if it's coming from the realization that a separate entity cannot exist and that your true nature is ONEness.

It's funny because saying that you're God might sound absurd at first...but if you actually give a shit about the Truth, you'll have no problem seeing that saying that you're NOT God is 10000x more absurd.

Edited by Adam M

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

16 minutes ago, Adam M said:

Saying that you're God is the Truth if it's coming from the realization that a separate entity cannot exist and that your true nature is ONEness.

To who? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Yes, it is. This is called spiritual ego. 

one day this will all be memories

Daniel Ingram, Kenneth Folk and Fran Yang argue that God/Absolute stil is an idea/experiencie so it is not ultimante reality.

I dont reality know

Edited by RedLine

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

To who? 

To itself

:P

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

43 minutes ago, RedLine said:

Daniel Ingram, Kenneth Folk and Fran Yang argue that God/Absolute stil is an idea/experiencie so it is not ultimante reality.

I dont reality know

36:10 - 39

The second candidate for an abiding phenomenon was a subtle, exquisite, diffuse presence that seemed to underlie and pervade or contain all experience but had no location or individual identity. From this point of view, which I thought of as primordial awareness, "I" seemed to disappear and merge within the totality of experience. This was, subjectively speaking, the best of all; it felt wonderful to meld into the universal consciousness and cease to exist as a separate entity.

In both cases, as I continued to cultivate, explore, and investigate the experiences, the orientation toward them changed. It became apparent that as wonderful and valuable as these experiences were, they were still experiences. For "experience," I'm using a simple, common-sense definition: if it can be remembered, it was an experience. If there was consciousness during it, it was an experience. Notice that this definition of experience doesn't posit an "I" to have the experience; that's a separate question.

As the experiences of the witness and primordial awareness were integrated through the years, it became increasingly difficult to think of them as special, or to believe that they were more real, more valid, or more ontologically significant than an itch, a sound, or a thought. This was simultaneously devastating and liberating. I could no longer privilege even the loftiest of phenomena as the "right" way to be or the "truth." The common habit of spiritual teachers to speak of Reality as though it had a capital "R" no longer made sense to me.

Here is my current working model: all experience has exactly the same ontological status as any other. In other words, there is no reason to believe that any experience, however subtle, exquisite, or profound, gives one special knowledge or insight into the ultimate nature of the universe

Edited by RedLine

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

2 hours ago, RedLine said:

Here is my current working model: all experience has exactly the same ontological status as any other.

This is of course correct. All experience is consciousness no matter how high or low.

In other words, there is no reason to believe that any experience, however subtle, exquisite, or profound, gives one special knowledge or insight into the ultimate nature of the universe

This is absurdly false.

If this was true, no insight would be possible at all. And clearly insight is possible. Radical insight is possible.

Do you understand what the Universe is?

Don't let anyone tell you it's not possible. It is possible. Total omniscience is possible.

I'm getting sick of debunking this neo-advaita horseshit.

The big lesson here what would be @Leo Gura ?

It doesn't matter how deep can be your insight that it is possible anyway to interpret it wrong? Depending on the beliefs and biases of the person who had that experience...

That's why a foundation in other POVs is needed, right?

Edited by abrakamowse
added plural to POV :-P

13 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

The big lesson here what would be @Leo Gura ?

It doesn't matter how deep can be your insight that it is possible anyway to interpret it wrong? Depending on the beliefs and biases of the person who had that experience...

That's why a foundation in other POVs is needed, right?

No

The kind of insight I'm talking about is a total state of awakening and infinite consciousness that you become. It's nothing that can ever be mistaken and it cannot be validated or invalidated by any other human.

When you become infinitely conscious -- that's it. You are more conscious than any of these gurus and teachers. You are equally conscious to God. You ARE God. The end. All gurus and teachings become a joke. Become so conscious that every guru looks like an idiot.

You are God. Don't let any fool convince you otherwise. They have no clue what God means. God is not merely no-self. And God is not merely some void. These are all inferior and reductionistic nondual understandings. They are not as high or as deep as God-realization.

Do not stop until you hit INFINITY.

@Leo Gura  Thanks Leo!

Good to know that. Appreciated! 
??

5 hours ago, Forestluv said:

Interesting. One thing I notice is that Leo is very good with communicating through facial expressions, tone of voice and rhythm. In one channel, that is helpful to articulate ideas - yet as you mention, there are other energetic channels as well. For example, relaxing an audience into a peaceful place can be helpful in articulating ideas.

I went to an Adyashanti retreat and he was super good at relaxing the audience. After 10min. It was like everyone took a Xanax. It was a good environment and a lot of people could relax their guard. 

I said "I think Leo is overly focus on the content and not enough on the delivery". To be more precise I mean his state of consciousness and energy vibration when he delivers his content. Considering he spends a lot of time doing research to shoot each video, it would make sense to do a spiritual practice before shooting to reach a deep place of peace, love and gratitude. I have felt that from him in some videos. If he could be in that state in each video that would be great.

I am going to look up Adyashanti !

2 hours ago, knakoo said:

I said "I think Leo is overly focus on the content and not enough on the delivery". To be more precise I mean his state of consciousness and energy vibration when he delivers his content. Considering he spends a lot of time doing research to shoot each video, it would make sense to do a spiritual practice before shooting to reach a deep place of peace, love and gratitude. I have felt that from him in some videos. If he could be in that state in each video that would be great.

I am going to look up Adyashanti !

Listen to each teacher until the full underlying message is grasped and then move on. No need to land in one spot. ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi