Chris365

Connor Murphy has Eckhart-style awakening

311 posts in this topic

@Mafortu he is definitly for real

But I think he takes shrooms everyday currently. 

He thinks he goint to change the world in the blink of an eye. 

This seems unlikly^^

Many things can happen on this path, this is why in traditions it is done under the supervision of a guide.

Glory to Israel

Tbh I'm pretty sure he has had very intense experiences just from the 40 day fast alone. Fasting for 40 days can be as intense as a 40 day retreat. 

And the video of him meditating is like 8 hours long. 

There's no way he hasn't had very deep experiences.

So maybe his realizations are deeper than what he can make sense of.

I remember my first awakening was so intense that I thought I became schizophrenic or some shit. And now I can see clearly that I just wasn't mature enough to handle awakenings as intense as the one I experienced. Since then I've had some deeper experiences but they don't seem scary anymore because I am much more emotionally developed now.

There's a shit ton of stories about people who've had kundalini awakenings and then they thought they were enlightened/the second coming of Jesus/physical god or whatever for some period of time before things went back to normal.

Some awakenings are so intense that they force your mind to create complex stories to explain wtf is even happening to you.

Keep in mind he meditates, does breath work, tantra and practices law of attraction at the same time while having the financial means to pursue it as much as he wants. No wonder he feels they way he does.

When a person gets transpersonal glimpses of reality, that gets mixed and integrated with prior conditioning and personality on the human level. I was conditioned as a traditional Richard Dawkin’s type scientist. As meta awareness was revealed, I didn’t suddenly become a Bollywood dancer speaking Hindi. I became more like Deepak Chopra with a mind that integrates science within a larger context. 

Similarly, Connor, Rogan, Harris etc. will contextualize glimpses of metacognition within prior conditioning and personality. A whacky YT prankster will integrate psychedelic experiences within prior conditioning and be a whacky YT prankster with glimpses meta to a whacky YT prankster. The likelihood of Connor suddenly being transformed into Eckart Tolle is no better than Connor suddenly being transformed into a kangaroo. 

4 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

When a person gets transpersonal glimpses of reality, that gets mixed and integrated with prior conditioning and personality on the human level. I was conditioned as a traditional Richard Dawkin’s type scientist. As meta awareness was revealed, I didn’t suddenly become a Bollywood dancer speaking Hindi. I became more like Deepak Chopra with a mind that integrates science within a larger context. 

Similarly, Connor, Rogan, Harris etc. will contextualize glimpses of metacognition within prior conditioning and personality. A whacky YT prankster will integrate psychedelic experiences within prior conditioning and be a whacky YT prankster with glimpses meta to a whacky YT prankster. The likelihood of Connor suddenly being transformed into Eckart Tolle is no better than Connor suddenly being transformed into a kangaroo. 

I fully agree with you here. It will be interesting what happens to him and I do wish the best. But, personally it would seem especially damning to have a massive following of 3m+ so deeply connected to the self while going though an intense awakening. Then again, his mind is more built for that life-style than my mind ever could be so I'm sure if anyone could figure that aspect out it's someone who's already deep into it.

21 minutes ago, Mafortu said:

He lost his grip on this reality, I hope he is doing it for the views and the attention because if he is ACTUALLY being real then Jesus this is something that needs serious professional help. 

I never had a following of people (certainly not online) to announce it to, but I’ve had awakenings like the one you’re seeing in him, like 6 times. They were legit.

Initial awakenings tend to be ungrounded and easily get co-opted by the ego-mind which falls into delusions of grandeur, warping Truth and Consciousness into something that serves the ego. See for example the Alex Jones God video I recently posted on my blog for one example.

This can be especially true with psychedelics, which give very high visions but little grounding.

This can be dangerous, so be careful. At best it makes you look like an ungrounded fool, and at worst it can mislead your followers into dangerous ideologies and cult like behavior. Teaching people spirituality is a very serious responsibility because it can so easily be abused and veer out of control even when the teacher has the best of intentions. Good intentions are not enough.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

It's amazing that Connor promotes Leo, psychedelics, the forum, but let's wish this guy clarity and peace of mind ??

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Initial awakenings tend to be ungrounded and easily get co-opted by the ego-mind which falls into delusions of grandeur, warping Truth and Consciousness into something that serves the ego.

This can be especially true with psychedelics, which give very high visions but little grounding.

This can be dangerous, so be careful. At best it makes you look like an ungrounded fool, and at worst it can mislead your followers into dangerous ideologies and cult like behavior.

Have you talked to him? You seem to be someone he would listen to, and he seems to be in need of some guidance.

I feel he can use his reach in a very positive way with the right guidance.

Without it he may lose his audience really fast and end up depressed or something.

5 minutes ago, Nos7algiK said:

But, personally it would seem especially damning to have a massive following of 3m+ so deeply connected to the self while going though an intense awakening. Then again, his mind is more built for that life-style than my mind ever could be so I'm sure if anyone could figure that aspect out it's someone who's already deep into it.

With true glimpses of realization, there is often an energetic shift toward being that more often - yet that desire and seeking can get messy. I spent many years seeking through theory, then after a few psychedelic trips that form of energy dissolved. I had no interest about reading spiritual or philosophical theory. It became more about the direct experience of being that truth - and the only access I had at the time was psychedelics - and I did them as much as I could. This lead to about a year of unstable mind states that got messy at times - yet I had years of mediation and personal development work that helped me stay somewhat grounded. 

When someone sacrifices a 1 in a million body physique to do a 40 day fast, it suggests there is an energetic shift. When someone sacrifices half his YT followers to talk about crazy ideas of enlightenment, it suggests there is an energetic shit. Those were two foundational components of the self identity and they aren’t let go of easily. Yet things can still be messy as glimpses of realization gets mixed with confusion, zen devilry, personality, egoic fragments etc. For example, it’s no surprise at all that he is getting into tantric sex. This is the perfect mixture of his prior conditioning as a pickup master with unlimited sex mixed with spiritual energetics from other realms. 

One thing I’m curious about is how he will use his charisma and attraction skills. Imo, he has natural abilities here that could be used to become a spiritual prankster or zen devil. Yet charisma can also be used in a mature spiritual way like Russell Brand. 

I think everyone has a whacky phase where you're getting accustomed to the new reality. How whacky depends on your prior cognitive development. If you're Tier 1 when stumbling across awakening, you want to share your insights to everyone without understanding that people 1. don't care and 2. think you're crazy.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

2 minutes ago, AMTO said:

Do you guys really think he’s posting on here?  Or is it someone pretending to be him? 

I have no doubt Connor posted the “letter to actualized.org” to the forum. 

8 minutes ago, AMTO said:

Do you guys really think he’s posting on here?  Or is it someone pretending to be him? 

He is reading his post here. 

"Leo is the most intelligent being in the universe" this one cracks me up lol He recently stumbled upon actualized.org and he is mindblown ?

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

17 minutes ago, Lews Therin said:

Have you talked to him?

I have not.

You seem to be someone he would listen to, and he seems to be in need of some guidance.

I feel he can use his reach in a very positive way with the right guidance.

Without it he may lose his audience really fast and end up depressed or something.

Likely so. Although I kinda doubt he wants my guidance.

28 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Initial awakenings tend to be ungrounded and easily get co-opted by the ego-mind which falls into delusions of grandeur, warping Truth and Consciousness into something that serves the ego. See for example the Alex Jones God video I recently posted on my blog for one example.

This can be dangerous, so be careful. At best it makes you look like an ungrounded fool, and at worst it can mislead your followers into dangerous ideologies and cult like behavior. Teaching people spirituality is a very serious responsibility because it can so easily be abused and veer out of control even when the teacher has the best of intentions. Good intentions are not enough.

Do you see these kind of traps in yourself aswell? It is interesting to me that this kind of Absolute Reality mindvirus is a feature of the awakening process. It seems like anything could be perceived to be Absolute Reality.

You made claims in the past that you were healing your body directly during a psychedelic experience. How can you be so certain of this? How do you know this happened rather than it just being a lower form of imagination which your mind projects to be undeniable? Connor is as certain of the claims he is making as you are. He views them as reality, not assumptions.

It is interesting. I wonder, if you could not disprove or prove the fact that you were able or unable to heal yourself through imagination, would you then say that you were doing just because it seemed to be Absolutely the case? In other words, does it take a process of invalidation to finally make you realize you have been delusional?

If that was the case, we have a problem, because then we can question anything you are so absolutely certain about. But some of the claims you make are outside of that which can be invalidated.

These are epistemic question I have no idea how you could possibly answer. You would have to claim that everyone would say the very same things you say if they were to experience the same. If they were to have the experience of Reality being Love, it would be impossible for them to believe that it was not actually the Ground of Reality. But you haven proven this at all. What if it will be disproven? What if there will be someone who has seen more than you and who will still claim it's all just illusion, that it all is a projection of the mind. That Reality instead is Empty, as Ralston would say. That the whole Love stick is nothing but Maya.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

16 minutes ago, Scholar said:

Do you see these kind of traps in yourself aswell?

Of course, I speak from experience. Although I've never gone full-Conner. Never go full-Connor ;)

It is interesting to me that this kind of Absolute Reality mindvirus is a feature of the awakening process. It seems like anything could be perceived to be Absolute Reality.

It's totally to be expected. Self-deception does not end with awakening, it takes on an even higher dimension.

You made claims in the past that you were healing your body directly during a psychedelic experience. How can you be so certain of this? How do you know this happened rather than it just being a lower form of imagination which your mind projects to be undeniable?

That can't be explained to you.

There are levels of consciousness which cannot be proven or talked about. You will either access them personally for yourself, or you won't, and will forever remain clueless about them.

Connor is as certain of the claims he is making as you are. He views them as reality, not assumptions.

Of course. This is to be expected.

It is interesting. I wonder, if you could not disprove or prove the fact that you were able or unable to heal yourself through imagination, would you then say that you were doing just because it seemed to be Absolutely the case? In other words, does it take a process of invalidation to finally make you realize you have been delusional?

Serious self-honesty and commitment to truth is required. Beyond just the pursuit of awakenings. You have to be really strict with yourself about your own fantasies and biases.

Like I said in my self-deception series, no one is ever immune from self-deception. Not enlightened masters, and not even me. You are always doing the best you can, with no guarantees of perfection.

If that was the case, we have a problem, because then we can question anything you are so absolutely certain about. But some of the claims you make are outside of that which can be invalidated.

Yes, that's the nature of Consciousness, you cannot validate it through 2nd hand sources.

These are epistemic question I have no idea how you could possibly answer. You would have to claim that everyone would say the very same things you say if they were to experience the same. If they were to have the experience of Reality being Love, it would be impossible for them to believe that it was not actually the Ground of Reality. But you haven proven this at all. What if it will be disproven?

Absolute Truth cannot be disproven nor can be validated through social means as you desire it to be.

What if there will be someone who has seen more than you and who will still claim it's all just illusion, that it all is a projection of the mind. That Reality instead is Empty, as Ralston would say. That the whole Love stick is nothing but Maya.

That's why it doesn't really matter what anyone says. You must become conscious of it for yourself.

You are never going to get humans to agree about things.

The only one who is capable of understanding the deepest layers of reality, is YOU. No one else but you. The mistake you're making is you're trying to ping off some other source of authority. You want some "other" to reassure you that you have not lost your mind. But this is impossible, since all others are your own mind.

You see? God has no other whom he could ask, since God is ONE. This is not a bug, it's a feature.

@Scholar It’s common for someone to get glimpses of God consciousness and then conflate relative and absolute notions of god. That is, getting a glimpse of I AM God and conflating I AM God with i am god. . . Especially with psychedelics because they can rocket a mind up several conscious levels and reveal insights that would have taken 10 years worth of work without psychedelics. 

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The only one who is capable of understanding the deepest layers of reality, is YOU. No one else but you. The mistake you're making is you're trying to ping off some other source of authority. But this is impossible, since you are the only authority in existence.

But if I go into the deepest layers of reality and it disagrees with you or or any other teacher, what would that fundamentally mean? You would certainly call me delusional. You would say "You did not actually reach the deepest layers of reality, otherwise you would have seen what I have seen!".

Imagine everyone took psychedelics and were to come to conclude fundamentally different things. And all of them would claim they became conscious of the deepest layers of reality. What would that mean to you?

Glory to Israel

4 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

@Scholar It’s common for someone to get glimpses of God consciousness and then conflate relative and absolute notions of god. That is, getting a glimpse of I AM God and conflating I AM God with i am god. . . Especially with psychedelics because they can rocket a mind up several conscious levels and reveal insights that would have taken 10 years worth of work without psychedelics. 

The question is how do you ever truly see whether you are not conflating relative and absolute notions? Conflating them presupposes that you are unconscious of it. Again and again we find that when we come to say "I have seen it all, I cannot be wrong about this, this is the whole and absolute Truth." that then we came out and said "No wait, there is actually a layer deeper, what I thought I saw was not the end, it was not the whole Truth!".

Glory to Israel