Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Psychventure

Do you believe in reincarnation?

48 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@seeking_brilliance

Flipping the accent of the down beat of the kick to the up beat on the snare and back again like it never even happened. 

whatever floats 'your' boat xD  or kicks the drums I could say

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

I used to be quite skeptical about reincartion, but after doing some research, I have to say it makes sense.

Also, I'm currently reading 'Death' by Sadhguru and he describes this "process" extensively. I wouldn't say I believe everything he says and it seems a bit far-fetched, but I'm trying to read it in an open-minded manner.

You would think that once you have no beliefs, you have no beliefs. That’s not actually the case.

But who reincarnate? There is an infinite being, itsnt it? Well, who knows but in an awakening experience looks quite sure. And we are shapes limiting that infinite and no more, we are like concepts, filters, points of wievs. So when that "I" get finished, it's done, no reincarnation, it was only a shape, an illusion that it's going to be dissolved in the infinity. But why shadguru and mostly of spiritual masters talk about reincarnation?

8 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

But who reincarnate?

I have a memory of Christopher Titmuss saying (on the subject of life after death) "who lives, who dies?" meaning that the best way to find out what's going to happen to us in the future, is to find out who we are now. Until I fully bottom that out, I'm just speculating and theorising. Maybe we only find out the truth about reincarnation when we're fully enlightened and (if you believe the Eastern religions) don't need to do it any more, ha ha! 

Edited by snowyowl

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

14 hours ago, snowyowl said:

I have a memory of Christopher Titmuss saying (on the subject of life after death) "who lives, who dies?" meaning that the best way to find out what's going to happen to us in the future, is to find out who we are now. Until I fully bottom that out, I'm just speculating and theorising. Maybe we only find out the truth about reincarnation when we're fully enlightened and (if you believe the Eastern religions) don't need to do it any more, ha ha! 

? ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

in carnation?

carnation.jpg

in formation

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

14 hours ago, snowyowl said:

??

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Reincarnation, or resurrection?

As an aside, though related to flesh..

CORONAVIRUS
CARNIVOROUS

An interesting coincidence!

Carnivore? 

Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.

Whew! How come the deeper you go with this stuff the more creepy zombie like territory you enter? Fun. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

As per my understanding and being around a lot of Hindus, I can tell that the only purpose why reincarnation in the literal sense was propagated was to make people believe that they will pay for their crimes in their next life so that people have some kind of fear and hence order prevails in the society. The true meaning of reincarnation is simply that what we collectively do today affects the world tomorrow.

@mandyjw

The allegorical/esoteric/astrotheological translation of the Bible beholds unspeakable truth/wisdom.

When taken literally, it is a disaster! The Bible is a map to esoteric liberation AND exoteric freedom.

Indeed. Much fun, from all of the angles. Even suffering, as we know its eventual destination.

Edited by Chrism

2 hours ago, An young being said:

that the only purpose why reincarnation in the literal sense was propagated was to make people believe that they will pay for their crimes in their next life

Yes but spiritual masters of no duality like ramana maharshi or shadguru talk about reincarnation. I'd like to know what is the theory because non duality and reincarnation seems no compatible

15 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Yes but spiritual masters of no duality like ramana maharshi or shadguru talk about reincarnation. I'd like to know what is the theory because non duality and reincarnation seems no compatible

There may be no theory at all. Popular Gurus don't speak the truth all the time. People don't like to hear the truth.

People that are awake don't usually talk about what happens after death. They are honest enough to admit they don't know anything, except themselves.

Edited by Moksha

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

The problem with reincarnation is the term incarnation, which falls under the materialist mindset that consciousness resides in the body. (Incarnation literally means "embodied in flesh.")

The truth of course is that the body resides in consciousness - not consciousness residing in the body.

So if incarnation is not accurate, then re-incarnation is also not accurate.

On the other hand, first-person consciousness has no opposite, so death (as state) is perfectly impossible. Therefore there has to be some sort of eternal continuation of consciousness, which is likely to involve fluctuations of state.