Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Psychventure

Do you believe in reincarnation?

48 posts in this topic

I already re-incarnated. None of me is left from when I was kid. Just some vague memories and sensations and other people's accounts.

Will the idea of "me" live on? Yes in other people's heads until I finally get forgotten. After all, I'm just an idea anyway. The reality is that I'm indistinguishable from the rest of existence.

Will my influence live on? Almost certainly. I have permanently changed the Earth in my way, and my possesions and things I've touched may get passed down. My close family share my genes and they will live on and "re-incarnate" by giving birth.

And if you're materialist then my constituent atoms and particles are immortal and will get re-cycled during and after my death.

I think the premise of re-incarnation is flawed, because it has a too narrow definition of "you".

Edited by LastThursday

All stories and explanations are false.

On 03/11/2020 at 1:45 PM, nistake said:

I used to be quite skeptical about reincartion, but after doing some research, I have to say it makes sense.

Also, I'm currently reading 'Death' by Sadhguru and he describes this "process" extensively. I wouldn't say I believe everything he says and it seems a bit far-fetched, but I'm trying to read it in an open-minded manner.

I want to get that book but can't find it here in the west, what dose he say about reincarnation? 

On 11/2/2020 at 11:07 PM, Psychventure said:

I need your opinion on this.. 

It’s not wether you believe in it or not it’s just true? Are new forms not made each day? Are there not thousands of babies born a day? Tbh infinite amounts of living beings in the universe are created and day. All of those are you. That’s what reincarnation is.

There is NOTHING within the body.

The sense of 'I' or 'ME' within the body is an illusion/or misidentification with bodily senses, conditioned thinking and contracted energy.

So a body apparently dies, but nothing else dies OR keeps on living because it was Maya (illusion of the self).

Illusions cannot die or keep on living, because they're not REAL in the first place.

So in a sense, death is already the case. Enjoy the dream story while it lasts or don't either way its not real and it doesn't matter ?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Another sort of poetic line on this topic. If something from nothing is happening now (you can see nothingness in your experience right now and the somethings), then something from nothing can happen "later" and so you can still have experience after death. 

This leap of logic into "later" though, it's more of a mind opener. The main thing is about seeing the nothingness and somethingness now. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.