samurai

Google is biased.It pushes an agenda.

53 posts in this topic

Same search, totally different images.

In works with hispanic woman too.

Happy hispanic woman.She is alone, being happy.

But for some reasons all of the white happy woman have a black men near them.

(write it yourself and get convinced,it still works.

And you know for sure that google does that,it's not about the articles.If it were to be about the articles then Ecosia work like that too.

Why does it matter?Because it's biased. Ecosia and duckduckgo don't do that.

Google being progresive,manipulating you.

Screenshot (195).png

Screenshot (197).png

Screenshot (194).png

"It's weird on how there are all these coincidences. We're trying to promote interracial marriages and you'll see plenty of that make it to the front page on Reddit, Facebook, or whatever. Not because people are happy for them, but because it's seen as progressive. You can see this in the comments. With the promotion of interracial marriages and BLM in full swing, I wouldn't be surprised if companies are taking advantage of the controversy to seem progressive and accepting by artifically pushing certain content towards the front page."

A lot of times, these representations of minorities are written and defended by using their sexual orientation or race as their entire personality. Then it gives people who contributed to the piece of media an option to deflect criticism of their work by calling the critics racists, bigots, homophobic etc.

yea it's "weird"

i also tried happy asian woman and happy woman.

When you just type in happy woman you can see quite some happy white women alone.

Just because your search includes a word doesn't mean that word will be represented in an image in any particular way. You'll often get links to news articles, youtube videos, and social medias that mention that word, and the pictures are often heavily context dependent. 

In the case with "happy white woman", the race of a white person is often only mentioned in the context of another race also being mentioned (in this case, black), and therefore you should expect more images that include other races in that particular search.

For example, many of those pictures are about a white woman being happily married with a black man. Try looking up just "white woman" and see how extremely loaded the contexts are.

1 hour ago, samurai said:

And you know for sure that google does that,it's not about the articles.If it were to be about the articles then Ecosia work like that too.

The different results are a reflection of how the search engines work differently. It's not necessarily a reflection of the intent of the engine creators.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

42 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

When you just type in happy woman you can see quite some happy white women alone.

This perfectly illustrates my point. When race is mentioned in western society, it most often is in the context of people of colour. White people are "just people". This is whiteness in a nutshell.

white.png

Wow, look at that! Only one black person... ("black").

Edited by Carl-Richard

Just now, Dryas said:

How am I exactly being manipulated by this? 

You aren't. This is most likely getting locked for being low quality.

5 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

You aren't. This is most likely getting locked for being low quality.

Yea, I know. I was just asking.

Try "Happy white american couples"

Google doesn't only show suspicious image search, but if you search something like "Good things about *Insert politician they dont like*" the results likely show negative things about them. Engine like Duckduckgo tries to find articles matching your search terms, but Google seems to be more selective about the results.

You could say that the engine is just showing you what people most likely *want* to see, but thats not really how a search engine *should* work in my opinion. Then again, my opinions really dont matter when big bosses discuss ideas.

Watch the social dilemma on Netflix as implied by @datamonster - it about this and even mentions google searches producing different results for different people.

Edited by Eph75

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

Okay... then why do I only see white women when I search “happy woman”?

Is google promoting whiteness?

The algorithms have no agenda, they are built with AI with the only goal to maximize ad revenue. The documentary was more centered on Facebook than Google though. The AI isn't biased towards any political or otherwise agenda and will play on you getting hooked by feeding you with the information you are most likely to identify with based on lots of stuff. If you get information that is confirming or strengthening your world view, you come back for more. Conversely, if you the information is not resonating with you, you don't come back and those ad revenues diminishes. 

Are you implying that there is a racial element that connects happy women and white women? Would you get non-white women if you googled angry women? Or just the same and based on ethnicity, location, interests, and other information you end up getting white women. We're prone to confirmation bias, looking for the answers we want and a white woman search result gets you there, if that's the connection you are looking for. 

Anywho, I do recommend the documentary, it's interesting and makes you think more about the adverse effects of social media, increased understanding for these large seemingly free platforms actually having a price (selling you).. and thatyou're likely never to get the answers or confirmations you are looking for. 

Edited by Eph75

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

Lolz

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

This thread is so stupid.

4 hours ago, Hansu said:

Engine like Duckduckgo tries to find articles matching your search terms, but Google seems to be more selective about the results.

There's is a super-important reason for that. The system that Duckduckgo uses is way more vulnerable to manipulation. Google had been working in that way in the beginning and it was shit. It's now a highly refined product, personally I am Ecosia user, but sometimes I just have to use Google to get more accurate results, because it is simply superior at its job.

op is getting cucked by his google image search

Edited by Lyubov

I've already heard this argument and examples from both the left and right wings. 

Which shows is just cherry picking.

We could also find examples to say Google is pushing a Reptilian Overlord agenda if we wanted xD

Edited by Fran11

There is no agenda. 

Those specific words are linked to specific articles and image objects on those articles show up in your search 

You're thinking that Google is recommending it. But actually it's just those articles showing up. Not Google's fault or devilry. 

Google is simply showing you the associated objects by default using the algorithm. 

Whereas the other engine does not have a very good association based algorithm. That's all. 

4ieygw.jpg

If I type tiger dog, this is what I get. It doesn't show me both tigers and dogs or either but a dog painted as a tiger 

It's about association algorithm. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Damn! Look at how sure people are that there is no agenda. It's obvious to me that there is. You don't see it because it fits with your survival!

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee