Giulio Bevilacqua

Spiritual development affects my music tastes. Why ?

23 posts in this topic

Why does your spiritual growth affect your music tastes ? 

The more my ego is disappearing and the more I can not stand the "normal "  music. I am not more attracted by it. 

I'm facing a weird situation. Because I was planning to study music this year, and this lack of  drawning is causing some worry. 

I play drums and it is just not more stimulating now. 

I think that the energies are going a lot inward in this period. Maybe it is just a recharge of energy  for then to be expressed.

What are your thoughts about it ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's normal, you will change your whole life many times if you go deep enough.

It's like layers of an onion or a snake shedding its skin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Giulio Bevilacqua said:

Why does your spiritual growth affect your music tastes ? 

Music has its own vibrational frequency.

You have your own vibrational frequency. 

When you grow, you change your frequency. 

If you have always liked the same type of music, you haven't grown much. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not me, last 3 years been doing a lot of spiritual breakthroughs and I still listen to trap music


A thought can´t ever tell you how you feel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Giulio Bevilacqua , it may be helpful for you to explore drumming in other cultures. e.g Shamanic or African. Drums are used for spiritual purposes as well - the rhythm can be altered to induce trance states or harmonise with slower brain rhythms, e.g., theta states. Find other purposes for drums which fit in with your developing tastes.

During psychedelic sessions, I find drums very soothing and they also act as a catalyst for trance states.

Edited by Demeter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I've noticed this too.
I grew up listening to mostly gangsta rap music (2pac, biggie, 50 cent etc) I believe most of my victim mentality came from them.
When starting personal development the first few months in it just started to feel like "I no longer relate to this music, it's just not me anymore"

Even tho I like listening how fifty brags about bustin caps and driving lambos from time to time, I now mostly listen to daft punk/techno type of music, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me the more I grow up the more I am inclusive in my tastes. I can see value in every genre by now. I like jazz and R&B most at the time. Probably helps that I study it and play many hours a day to be fair. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Demeter said:

@Giulio Bevilacqua

During psychedelic sessions, I find drums very soothing and they also act as a catalyst for trance states.

Playing any instrument can do that without psychedelic also

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't throw your entire music career under the bus. Just upgrade your ambitions to make more elevated music. There is no problem with making great music and being deeply conscious. This is a fantastic opportunity!

There is some amazing music out there that is like sex to the ears of a conscious being.

You just gotta start creating outside the box of mainstream culture.

Music can be a powerful driver of spirituality. A gateway drug for the soul ;)


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@JosephKnecht I totally agree, I notice that the lyrics in trap/rap music I listen to are in my subconscious and keep me seduced by that lifestyle sometimes, not having guns and being tough but having lots of money, women, drugs, etc. 

Its a bit sad like breaking up honestly which I know sounds weird, but its hard to let go of that type of music for me. Theres a kind of fear of missing out, yet from a mature standpoint that music continues a cycle of immature fantasies for me. 


" ..." 

-The Buddha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2020 at 5:08 PM, Javfly33 said:

Not me, last 3 years been doing a lot of spiritual breakthroughs and I still listen to trap music

Yea, that is a trap. Once you fall into a trap, it is hard to get out. :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 This is your life now. Accept it. :D 


Not Even One
The devil is in the detail

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

 

Edited by Thought Art

It's just turtles all the way down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Giulio Bevilacqua yes this has happened to me, i had a strong desire to play music, but now it is very stagnant and like whats the point or is it worth the suffering e.c.t. 

Edited by Applegarden

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems that all this advice is falling on deaf ears.  @Giulio Bevilacqua , the original poster, did not return to his thread. 

@Leo Gura , you made an interesting comment about music being " a powerful driver of spirituality. A gateway drug for the soul."

I can concentrate better during meditation when listening to music. Could music, however, become a crutch and prevent one from experiencing stillness and the deepening of consciousness?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 9/2/2020 at 5:14 AM, Demeter said:

It seems that all this advice is falling on deaf ears.  @Giulio Bevilacqua , the original poster, did not return to his thread. 

@Leo Gura , you made an interesting comment about music being " a powerful driver of spirituality. A gateway drug for the soul."

I can concentrate better during meditation when listening to music. Could music, however, become a crutch and prevent one from experiencing stillness and the deepening of consciousness?

 

No, i'm still absorbing what has been written by all of you and trying to understand your words deeper than a first intellectual reading. 

 

In my point of view, music during meditation should be avoided for the simple fact that you can be distracted or being too much influenced by the frequencies. I think silence is a must for meditation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2020 at 4:09 AM, Applegarden said:

@Giulio Bevilacqua yes this has happened to me, i had a strong desire to play music, but now it is very stagnant and like whats the point or is it worth the suffering e.c.t. 

And how did you figured it out? Do you still play ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2020 at 3:18 PM, Leo Gura said:

Don't throw your entire music career under the bus. Just upgrade your ambitions to make more elevated music. There is no problem with making great music and being deeply conscious. This is a fantastic opportunity!

There is some amazing music out there that is like sex to the ears of a conscious being.

You just gotta start creating outside the box of mainstream culture.

Music can be a powerful driver of spirituality. A gateway drug for the soul ;)

I think it have an good ear for mind-bending spiritual music, and often think music recommended in this forum is cringe and embarrassing, so I am curious, what music or bands would you consider god level?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2020 at 8:14 PM, Demeter said:

 

@Leo Gura , you made an interesting comment about music being " a powerful driver of spirituality. A gateway drug for the soul."

I can concentrate better during meditation when listening to music.

Video games as well.

Video games put you into an effortless flow state, which is why they are so appealing. Video games are meditation of addicted dummies ;)

But of course it cannot compare to proper meditation.

On 9/1/2020 at 8:14 PM, Demeter said:

Could music, however, become a crutch and prevent one from experiencing stillness and the deepening of consciousness?

Certainly


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now