loub

Peter Ralston on Psychedelics in more detail

163 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, James123 said:

I am talking about after awakening. 

Was there ever a difference ;)

What you can and cannot do, was never up to you. Disrespect or not, that was always God's choice.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

No, Ralston claims that love is just an emotion/feeling. Which is false. I mean... it IS that, but it's also an Absolute. He doesn't understand that Truth = Love. Or if he does, he denies it publicly. I suspect he actually knows but he's just playing coy.

He also claims that love is a distinction, and a distinction is not Truth. 

24 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

How can Hitler kill Jews?

How come you step on ants as you walk down the street?

Why do Krishanamurti, peter raltson, ramana maharsi, osho dont teach the enlightenment to, ants, wall or tv, instead of human? Your answer right here. 

Edited by James123

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

3 minutes ago, John Lula said:

@James123 He also points a knife towards your tummy to have you feel your survival. I heard he did it with a gun once, lol.

You have to get killed to become everything. What you talking about before enlightenment. 

3 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

Was there ever a difference ;)

What you can and cannot do, was never up to you. Disrespect or not, that was always God's choice.

i am the god. And still dreaming. But actually no differences because nothing ever started. Starting is just a thought. 

1 minute ago, ArchangelG said:

It is definitely an Absolute.   Maybe he has not had an awakening in which he literally dissolved into Infinity/Love and drowned in it.  Tears would be flowing and the body spasming  as it is just far far to powerful for a human body to contain.  Maybe that didn't happen to him yet or maybe he just calls it Infinity.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

18 minutes ago, ArchangelG said:

He is wrong. The highest Love is the lack of all distinction. Which is Truth.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes they will, if you use them right.

But how do you know if you yourself been doing them so much and don't claim to be awakened/enlightened sober? 

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Consciousness has many facets and degrees. There is really no such thing as "enlightenment" as a singular thing. There are thousands of various kinds of awakened states.

Thousands of peak states, yes but there are literally "only" 4 or maybe a few more states of enlightenment that don't go away after the trip, afterglow, or a meditative state is over. There are no permanent states where love is there all the time, even the most advanced practitioners have to do Metta meditation to get flooded with Love, it means they intentionally have to get into a state of Metta.

I also think the big fuss is about definitions of the word "awakening" and "enlightenment". People like Ralston usually are using these two interchangeably and for them, it ain't awakening if you can't keep it outside of your meditation. Someone may enter a deep Jhana state where whole body sense dissolves or intense Metta but they don't call it awakening/enlightenment 

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

He is wrong. The highest Love is the lack of all distinction. Which is Truth.

Than surrender. Represent the truth. Recognize that you are dreaming your body and including my body. Treat everyone as you. That’s unconditional love. You are still in egoistical love. Leo, james we are all illusions. Stop recognizing yourself with your body, therefore stop taking 5 meo, and give a big hit to ego. Be freeeeee

37 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

MDMA does not just cure PTSD via some brute chemical reaction. It heals it by expanding consciousness and getting the ego-mind to realize Love. This process is not merely one of feeling good. It's a process of consciousness: the very thing Ralston is supposed to teach.

I guess you have never tried MDMA (you should IMO). MDMA is not really feeling of Love like on psychedelics but Empathy, insane crazy levels of empathy. MDMA is also not really a psychedelic, there is no psychedelic like headspace on MDMA.

-- Kenneth Folk

3 minutes ago, Enlightenment said:

but there are literally "only" 4 or maybe a few more states of enlightenment that don't go away after the trip, afterglow, or a meditative state is over.

I highly disagree.

There are aliens sitting on a planet somewhere who are enlightened as fuck and their consciousness is nowhere within your narrow band of 4 states.

There can literally be millions of different permanent awakened states.

And the notion of permanent vs temporary is itself false. There is no such distinction other than in your mind.

4 minutes ago, Enlightenment said:

I guess you have never tried MDMA (you should IMO). MDMA is not really feeling of Love like on psychedelics but Empathy, insane crazy levels of empathy. MDMA is also not really a psychedelic, there is no psychedelic like headspace on MDMA.

Makes no meaningful difference for the purposes of this conversation. You can replace MDMA with 100s of different psychedelics. They all point in the same general direction.

You could heal PTSD with 5-MeO-DMT or DMT or mushrooms or whatever.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

There are aliens sitting on a planet somewhere who are enlightened as fuck and their consciousness is nowhere within your narrow band of 4 states.

It's possible. I should of specify it applies only to humans on the planet earth

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

And the notion of permanent vs temporary is itself false. There is no such distinction other than in your mind.

I knew you are about to pull out this argument ;)

-- Kenneth Folk

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

It's easy to access some state without proper understanding of it. Understanding is something deeper than a state.

Accessing states is not good enough. You must contemplate to understand it fully.

Do you think a mind-body with a baseline autistic orientation is at a disadvantage to understanding Love compared to a mind-body with a baseline empathetic orientation?

49 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Contemplate: What is Love?

• An emotion, or a state of consciousness.
  • Loss of self, or lack of selfishness.
  • Being fully dissolved in other.
  • Apparent, but not actual ego-death. A shift in identity to other instead of self.
  • Ego, or the epitome of duality, where there is a lover and an other being loved.
  • Fear for other.
  • The substance that holds all of reality together.
  • An imaginary bridge between self and other.
  • Groundlessness, not-knowing, insanity, or ignorance.
  • Surrendering, or submission.

I could go on but I picked these in specific to see your response.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

15 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

Do you think a mind-body with a baseline autistic orientation is at a disadvantage to understanding Love compared to a mind-body with a baseline empathetic orientation?

speaking as someone with clinically diagnosed autism, no.

59 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

MDMA does not just cure PTSD via some brute chemical reaction. It heals it by expanding consciousness and getting the ego-mind to realize Love. 

The healing power of psychedelics is precisely that they reveal Truth and Love.

Bold assertions stated absolutely. But on the basis of what evidence?

The studies on MDMA use in PTSD, according to the researchers who have an active interest in the process, suggest that the state induced by MDMA ( exaggerated serotonin-release along with diminished uptake) allows one to approach the traumatic memory imprints without amygdala-activation which would normally evoke a fear response. It has little to do with Truth and Love. It induces a functional state which makes the stories surrounding the traumatic events more readily accepted, allowing increased functionality.

26 minutes ago, Enlightenment said:

It's possible. I should of specify it applies only to humans on the planet earth

Now realize, there's no such thing a human. Every human is in a unique state of consciousness and there is no boundary between a human consciousness and a kangaroo consciousness. Plenty of humans are total genetic freaks, making them more like aliens than humans.

25 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

Not sure, but there must be a bell-curve distribution of abilities to consciousness. Some people will sit far out at the fringes, for good and for bad. There exist humans who hallucinate flying monkeys. Male minds are certainly far less empathetic than female minds.

22 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:
  • An emotion, or a state of consciousness.
  • Loss of self, or lack of selfishness.
  • Being fully dissolved in other.
  • Apparent, but not actual ego-death. A shift in identity to other instead of self.
  • Ego, or the epitome of duality, where there is a lover and an other being loved.
  • Fear for other.
  • The substance that holds all of reality together.
  • An imaginary bridge between self and other.
  • Groundlessness, not-knowing, insanity, or ignorance.
  • Surrendering, or submission.

I could go on but I picked these in specific to see your response.

My response is irrelevant to your being conscious of Love.

9 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

speaking as someone with clinically diagnosed autism, no.

How would you know if you don't understand Love? Lol

4 minutes ago, Corpus said:

Bold assertions stated absolutely. But on the basis of what evidence?

On my direct consciousness of how healing works.

Any psychedelic could be used to heal trauma. Truth and Love are critical for healing.

Contemplate: What is healing?

Just now, Leo Gura said:

On my direct consciousness of how healing works.

And how are your own health issues currently?