loub

Peter Ralston on Psychedelics in more detail

163 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Corpus said:

And how are your own health issues currently?

You are a devil for trying to use my health issues against me.

But they are going well!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:
1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

You are a devil for using my heal issues against me.

But they are going well!

You infer much from a simple question. Are your own troubles excluded from what you have been directly conscious of?

Devilry, God- mere distinctions!!

8 minutes ago, Corpus said:

Are your own troubles excluded from what you have been directly conscious of?

There is much I am not yet conscious of.

You infer much from a simple question.

The devil likes to play innocent.

1 hour ago, Gesundheit said:

I agree with that but I don't think the term Love is appropriate. To me it seems like a colored perception of what actually is in its raw form, like adding a filter from which you then perceive reality. That filter is relative to your state of consciousness and it changes accordingly. And so it's not absolute. The raw reality is, and its qualities are infinite, and love is a quality.

Haha...

Man YOU are God 

Ask yourself how could you be so stupid to not create something that is not Love.

1 hour ago, Gesundheit said:

I agree with that but I don't think the term Love is appropriate. To me it seems like a colored perception of what actually is in its raw form, like adding a filter from which you then perceive reality. That filter is relative to your state of consciousness and it changes accordingly. And so it's not absolute. The raw reality is, and its qualities are infinite, and love is a quality.

Any construct of Love your mind creates is a subset of Love. 

6 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Haha...

Man YOU are God 

Ask yourself how could you be so stupid to not create something that is not Love.

God is stupid.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

29 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

My response is irrelevant to your being conscious of Love.

Sure, but my desire here is to find something common so that we can avoid disagreements. That may help you clarifying things for others, including Ralston.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

16 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The devil likes to play innocent.

Loves to run away from Truth too, that there is no 2, just 1.

Edited by James123

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

4 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

Any construct of Love your mind creates is a subset of Love. 

And how could Love be perceived without a mind? Can there be perception without a mind?

8 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

Sure, but my desire here is to find something common so that we can avoid disagreements. That may help you clarifying things for others, including Ralston.

That's not going to work.

You simply are not awake to what Love is, and nothing will help that other than a Love awakening.

There is no use in debating or discussing Love with me. You either get it or you don't.

Since Love = Truth, all the Zen principles which apply to Truth also apply to Love.

The Dao which can be named is not the eternal Dao.

It would help if you did a serious dose of psychedelic ;)

6 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

God is stupid.

It is limitless.

3 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

And how could Love be perceived without a mind? Can there be perception without a mind?

How can anything be perceived withouth a mind?

The ultimate answer is that there is no mind. No perception.

God is directly experiencing itself.

4 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

It is limitless.

How can anything be perceived withouth a mind?

The ultimate answer is that there is no mind. No perception.

God is directly experiencing itself.

There is no God or experience either without a mind.

Language is limited. But there are more objective ways of talking about being than "love".

9 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

According to traditional constructs of ‘perception’ and ‘mind’, one could say that Love cannot be perceived without a mind. Within the parameters of that construct, it is true. 

2 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

According to traditional constructs of ‘perception’ and ‘mind’, one could say that Love cannot be perceived without a mind. Within the parameters of that construct, it is true. 

Okay, so?

Let's just create this fine distinction for the sake of the discussion.. "love" as a pointer.. As a word.. As a four letters appearing on a screen.. And "love" as the actual thing that is being pointed to with the word itself.  The word itself is completely irrelevant.. For a non-English speaker the word is completely meaningless.. And when he hear it.. It is no different than the sounds of the birds .  You have to Tell it to him using his language. And if he awoken to "love" he is gonna call it using his language's equivalent word.. And a Japanese person will use his own Japanese language.. An African person.. And Indian person... And so on.... 

That shows that truly the word itself is meaningless and irrelevant.. And this should be obvious because what is language itself after all?  It is just a set of symbols to represent the world.  The thing that is being represented is what is actual not the word itself.    So whether you look at reality and call it love or not.. It is gonna look exactly the same before and after.. 

I'm sufism (Islamic mysticism) they have the 99 names of Allah (God).  It contains all sorts of divine qualities such as "the wise".. "the magnificent".. "the all knowing".. The one " etc... But why 99 names??  It should be 100 to be a complete list.!!  And the mystical secret to this is they call the hidden name the" greatest name of Allah ".. That is indeed the actual name the represents the essence of Allah.. And it is kept hidden to say that it is not even a" name " so didn't get stuck on names .. It is beyond names.. The greatest name is not a name.. It is the thing itself which is nameless. 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

29 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That's not going to work.

You simply are not awake to what Love is, and nothing will help that other than a Love awakening.

There is no use in debating or discussing Love with me. You either get it or you don't.

Since Love = Truth, all the Zen principles which apply to Truth also apply to Love.

The Dao which can be named is not the eternal Dao.

It would help if you did a serious dose of psychedelic ;)

I believe my explanation is very good. If psychedelics and awakening to Love are linked together, then the reason is more likely to be the state of consciousness than the absolute truth.

14 hours ago, James123 said:

Yes this is it. In 2018  i did 2 hours every day, 2019 3 hours, and this year 4 hours ever day. And after awakening mind (because actually there is no mind) becomes meditative. 

You should try Zen meditation but with eyes open a crack.  Face a wall a few feet away, the head is tilted slightly downward.  The eyes are open halfway, you are not focusing on anything visually.  The room is lighted but not highly.   You might not like this at first.   That is good. That brings out things.  Try it for 5 days and see.

Edited by Nak Khid

9 hours ago, Marten said:

Psychedelics are amazing..

To me it is ridiculous to call psychedelics artificial. They are just so much more potent than meditation but work very very similarly. Most people will never ever meditate enough to get into - even low dose - psychedelic states of consciousness, because it takes years and years of diligence and sacrifice. I did it and it's just unimaginable the effort.

Psychedelics are amazing

but they are also artificial 

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Considering that Ralston still isn't conscious of what Love is, that doesn't speak so well for classic "enlightenment".

All humans except perhaps psychopaths are conscious of what Love is.

But you have your own definition of the word which is to accept everything with no discernment

but I suspect you don't actually live like that,  smiling happily as someone kicks a cat 

18 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

I believe my explanation is very good. If psychedelics and awakening to Love are linked together, then the reason is more likely to be the state of consciousness than the absolute truth.

Love is infinite forms, purpose of having forms, but all the forms are formlessness. Nothingness is nothing therefore simultaneously everything. You think you are talking now; which is the purpose of satisfaction of something other different than you, but in non duality there is nothing except you, which is nothing again. These all words are identical. Thats the reason why love is the bridge between duality to non duality. When you are awaken, you realize that what ever you are aware in the moment is love, because you can still talk (which meaning is have a mouth), but in non duality you are completely nothing therefore everything. Nothing can not think, talk, or be aware. It is just it, which is you. 

10 minutes ago, Nak Khid said:

You should try Zen meditation but with eyes open a crack.  Face a wall a few feet away, the head is tilted slightly downward.  The eyes are open halfway, you are not focusing on anything visually.  The room is lighted but not highly.   You might not like this at first.   That is good. That brings out things.  Try it for 5 days and see.

Eyes dont see anything, or there is no eye to see anything. Sleeping has no differences than being awake. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."