GroovyGuru

What would stage Green and Tier 2 video games look like?

66 posts in this topic

Firstly, I am unsure if this is the appropriate place to ask this question, so if it's not, forgive me.

In the recent video on stage Red, Leo mentioned something about higher stage video games. He characterized GTA as stage Red, which I totally agree with, and then sort of rhetorically asked what would stage green/yellow video games be like.

Well.... what would they be like? Do any already exist? What are some examples? I do not game too much anymore, but am still fascinated by certain games and am extremely excited and curious about what the future holds for gaming.

If anyone is curious, I have played Xbox my whole life and some of my favorite games throughout the years include: Assassin's Creed, Halo 2, Red Dead Redemption, FIFA, Tony Hawk Underground, L.A Noire, Star Wars Battlefront, and Rocket League

Subnautica

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The Last of Us 2 for sure. That game is out of this world. 

Edited by Free Mind

frostpunk, stage yellow video game 
green hell, a stage green story I think 

Edited by Eren Eeager

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

Minecraft

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

The Witness is a logical puzzle game with a lot of references to mysticism, including Rupert Spira talks.

I would place it around Yellow.

A lot of stage Green games become popular on Apple AppStore, those 2D indie eyecandies with a story. I don't remember any names though.

35 minutes ago, Free Mind said:

No no no the story was terrible.

Assigning spiral dynamics to a video game is a pretty hard thing. A video game developer is an artist. The level of consciousness or the vision of the creators is an invisible thing beneath the surface of the tangible happenings of the game. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Untitled_Goose_Game_video_game_cover_art

stage red

you play as a goose and basically terrorize a town 

1 hour ago, Free Mind said:

I've been obsessed with this game since its release. Played it through multiple times, and I never finish video games. Ellie is the only fictional character I've ever fallen in love with. Very spiritual game.

2 minutes ago, Free Mind said:

nah, it is red 

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

1 minute ago, Frenk said:

No Man's Sky

Given how much resource extraction that game involves: Orange :P

Higher stages games sound really boring. Nothing ever comes close to the thrill I get when playing something like csgo.

8 minutes ago, Apparition of Jack said:

@Leo Gura Just out of curiosity, what would you say makes that game Turquoise?

It needs to have a holistic, spiritual aspect to it.

5 minutes ago, Dryas said:

Higher stages games sound really boring. Nothing ever comes close to the thrill I get when playing something like csgo.

Boredom itself is a Tier 1 sort of problem.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Boredom itself is a Tier 1 sort of problem.

How does a Tier 2 person solve boredom? Or do you simply not get bored?

For Green I would say a game like "Life is Strange" that emphasizes the development of personal relationships. For Yellow maybe something like "Mass Effect".