Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Red Examples Mega-Thread

1,094 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Consept said:

Theres been some debate on here over whether combat sports are red, but this is pure red combat below - 

Combat sports originated from red society. Wrestling, the world's oldest sport was contested thousands of years ago in ancient Rome. Just because an activity has red origins I don't think it automatically makes the person red. Plenty of athletes that are blue and some orange in combat sports. Humans are still animals and more animalistic activities can be grouped into red but they then get incorporated into higher stages in more conscious and functional ways. For instance gladiators used to kill for sport whereas today MMA/Boxing is a tightly regulated activity where the worst that usually happens is a guy gets knocked out. I don't think engaging in red stuff is bad either when it's being done consciously. I like martial arts and it's fun to be competitive and beat someone when grappling, of course doing-so with safety in mind. 

Edited by Lyubov

13 hours ago, Lyubov said:

Combat sports originated from red society. Wrestling, the world's oldest sport was contested thousands of years ago in ancient Rome. Just because an activity has red origins I don't think it automatically makes the person red. Plenty of athletes that are blue and some orange in combat sports. Humans are still animals and more animalistic activities can be grouped into red but they then get incorporated into higher stages in more conscious and functional ways. For instance gladiators used to kill for sport whereas today MMA/Boxing is a tightly regulated activity where the worst that usually happens is a guy gets knocked out. I don't think engaging in red stuff is bad either when it's being done consciously. I like martial arts and it's fun to be competitive and beat someone when grappling, of course doing-so with safety in mind. 

I agree im not saying combat sports are by definition red, im saying the specific type of combat i posted up is red as theres no discipline and its all about ego 

17 hours ago, Lyubov said:

Just because an activity has red origins I don't think it automatically makes the person red. 

What makes a person red?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

3 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

What makes a person red?

Their values and sometimes actions, listen to person talk. Is he all about power? Does he use violence to achieve it? He might be have alot of Red values. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

R.A. the Rugged man about his Fathers Journey from Red Into Blue in the Vietnam Var, especially the first Verses are Red. In the last Verses the Father has a near Death experience and finds to God.

1 hour ago, Rilles said:

Their values and sometimes actions, listen to person talk. Is he all about power? Does he use violence to achieve it? He might be have alot of Red values. 

Like we all know, nobody is just one colour, and we can only talk about different facets. If you feel drawn to a red activity, that means you have a facet of red that you want express. Nothing wrong with that.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

LOL :

Edited by Kross