Surfingthewave

Concerns for Leo

233 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Surfingthewave said:

I've lost a friend to suicide, the intent is different but the method's the same.

The method is the same? You really thought Leo was planning to put a bullet in his head? No, this goes way deeper than that. Rest in peace to your friend, by the way.

Here is a quote describing what Leo seemingly had the option to go through:

Q: What does it mean to go into a bliss state? What does one do? What happens?
A: To be dissolved into intense, infinite love is overwhelming and incapacitating. There is neither the desire nor the capability to emerge from that state unaided. All bodily functions cease. Even breathing itself may cease and resume only in response to an entreaty from another person who is intensely loving. However, it is not necessary to do so. One has permission by knowingness to leave the body as an option.
In this case, in order to acknowledge love, breathing resumed. Perhaps it was decided by karma. However, the choice was also made with the concurrent awareness that any return to physicality was only temporary and the final dissolution back into Infinite Love was inevitable and certain. Compared to the eternity of that infinite state, a short return to the realm of physicality seemed trivial.

Hawkins, David R.. The Eye of the I. Hay House. Kindle Edition.

So no need to worry. That is, unless you're very attached to the physical existence of Leo. :P

I am myself, heaven and hell.

You can make anything look bad when putting it in a bullet point diagnostics format. 

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Surfingthewave Leo's going through a rough part of the path no doubt.

The idea that this is just so high level that you can't understand leo is a joke.

But I think its Leo's path and it's not our place to tell him what he shouldn't and should do.

If Leo decides to off his avatar can we really say thats bad? I think its unwise but it's not my decision to judge one way or another.

Leo must feel like Frodo at the end of the war of the rings, you cant come back to the shire and pretend like everything is fine, you cant relate to no one and nothing will ever be like it was before.

To realize you are the only human amongst billions to experiencing such divine states must be quite the burden, there is a sadness to it and you can see it in his face.

@Commodent Yes I do believe he would. 

@Pookie I disagree. Leo could live a truly wonderful life as an enlightenment being in his physical body. Lots of teachers do.

@Mafortu Yes there is a sadness in his face. After all these years of work. Perhaps imo all these years of studying and exploring reality he has lost touch of the amazingness of reality in the physical body. He talks of hearing I love you for the first time. That also made me sad. But take from it what you will. 

@Raptorsin7I think it's important to point out the dark side of the path and we shouldn't be blindly following someone, we should be critical and be open to discuss what information is presented. 

Edited by Surfingthewave

7 hours ago, Mafortu said:

Leo must feel like Frodo at the end of the war of the rings, you cant come back to the shire and pretend like everything is fine, you cant relate to no one and nothing will ever be like it was before.

To realize you are the only human amongst billions to experiencing such divine states must be quite the burden, there is a sadness to it and you can see it in his face.

A belief leo know he is not alone. Or he wouldn't be doing this' think again.

Don't worry. The 30 awakenings are now over, and it is likely he wont go that hard again. For a while, anyway.

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

@Pookie I've been to a Day of The Dead celebration in Mexico, it was amazing. You're right certain countries fear death and struggle to talk about it openly. 

However, this is different, this is an intent to die. If I am Leo, I hope to be the rational, logical voice in his head, that's all. 

Edited by Surfingthewave

@Mada_ I'm not quite sure what you mean, but as he is a spiritual teacher and he has thousands of followers, it's important to critique his work as you would any other. If you're not then I would question that. 

WHEN i was high on chedelics i also started a manifesto comparing major religions 

that just normal 

@Pookie It depends on how you look at it. You can unite with Infinite Love without leaving the physical body. But seemingly for Leo and for other seekers that's not enough. But is that not the sense of lack, pulling you towards it? 

@Meta-Man good for you. 

Edited by Surfingthewave

@Meta-Man I don't know you; but sometimes feeling a need to teach is the very shadow we cling on.

maybe you don't operate from a feeling of teaching, can't tell.
but if you do, then surfingthewave is right pointing it at you, whatever his "level of consciousness".

& it could be whatever you makes of your life.

Believing in "no free will", is the best way to fail at being woke.

@Surfingthewave  I understand. I support your concern, I think Leo has fallen into a trap but i'm not sure how long it will take him to get over this.

@Raptorsin7 Yes i think you're right. 

I also think intense intake of psychedelics over a period of time may have affected his nervous system from what he describes (I'm no expert though). What I do know is your nervous system is responsible for, as well as many things, emotional regulation which can impact on decision making etc. Maybe stick to the meds (meditation that is). 

Edited by Surfingthewave

@Surfingthewave  I disagree that the drugs are to blame. The drugs are a tool for growth like any other practice, I just think there are risks that come with the rapid growth and insights that come from psychs compared to other practices.

With great power comes great responsibility. I think Leo needs an adjustment of his reasons for pursuing truth.

@Raptorsin7 This guy @GodDesireOnlyLove must be clone of mine or sthg.?

@Leo Gura See all examples of pure Love. All of this.

So you know pull yourself together no "me me me me" shit invert it to we and love "them" maybe for change. 

I know it's your dream to discover everything about God but sometimes this love is showing you that something might be wrong.