Spiral Wizard

Sadhguru is such an OG

89 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, fridjonk said:

No, what he's basically saying is, awakening of the false ego-self is not the rock-bottom of reality. Understanding goes deeper! 

But again, I see the same confusion in your comment that I see in Leo's.

This apotheosis of "understanding." That's just a cool story, bro.

Who told you this "understanding" even matters?

7 minutes ago, fridjonk said:

Because they are biased towards psychedelics! give Rupert Spira or Eckhart Tolle some 5-MeO and they will shit themselves and scream rolling on the floor.  

Or - the other possibility - is that they don't need psychedelics and see their drawbacks clearly.

Edited by Haumea2018

?

9 minutes ago, Haumea2018 said:
But again, I see the same confusion in your comment that I see in Leo's.
This apotheosis of "understanding." That's just a cool story, bro.
Who told you this "understanding" even matters?

This whole imagination is a cool story. It doesn't matter if you awaken via psychedelics or the sober method, it's the exact same story.

Are you aware that God created reality TO UNDERSTAND ITSELF? And what "other" would matter if it didn't? It matters and doesn't, because reality is one. 

Or - the other possibility - is that they don't need psychedelics and see their drawbacks clearly.

How would they know they don't need them without ever trying them? 

Edited by fridjonk

So, who is gay awake?

“Many talk like philosophers yet live like fools.” — Proverb

@Haumea2018 Leo's descriptions are cool stories. But what he's pointing to is not.

What he's pointing to is what happens when you contemplate. The answer you get after contemplation. Its contemplating deeper and deeper into the GodHead.

Leo's assertion that some people are more awake then others is ridiculous and ego ce tric - true. 

Leo's drive to go deeper and deeper is not enlightenment - true.

But Leo is not talking about cool stories. He's talking about revealations from contemplation. 

When Leo or anyone serious takes psychedelics, you take it to contemplate. Not to come up with cool stories.

It is possible to paint a mystical experience with a certain projection, to give a mystical experience a story, a meaning, and a projection, but I don't think he's doing that here.

Leo is aiming to quench his curiosity. And some teachers - like the Buddha - were into this.

That's different to relieving suffering, embodying ever lasting peace, bliss and love, and integrating a non dual perspective into your life. You're not gonna do that with Leo's teachings. With Leo's teachings, you will be more aware of what God is. 

Leo and you guys are aiming for totally different things, and are on different planes. And your confusion is from taking your orientations and aims as absolute, without seeing they are different.

There are different levels to how well you embody bliss, love and truth into your daily life.

There are different levels to how conscious you become of what God is. What God truly is. Knowing yourself more and more deeply. This has nothing to do with enlightenment(sorry Leo it doesnt) and 'normal' teachers are aware of this - Jann Esmann talks about depth beyond self realization, and sadhguru talks about how kriya yoga is used for going beyond self realization. This is for the Selves that are curious. Not the selves that are not curious and are just after bliss, peace and love.

Edited by electroBeam

9 minutes ago, fridjonk said:

This whole imagination is a cool story. It doesn't matter if you awaken via psychedelics or the sober method, it's the exact same story.

If it's the same exact story, why do you and Leo claim that psychedelics are "deeper" or better? Then it's not the exact same story, is it?

And again, it's an idiosyncratic definition of "awakening." It's what you and Leo claim "awakening" is.

Having some experience and remembering its implications, in essence.

No serious spiritual teacher thinks it's remotely the same thing.

How would they know they don't need them without ever trying them? 

That's like saying, hey, why don't you jump off a bridge, you've never tried it, you might like it!

I have tried psychedelics a few times, and they were good experiences, but they also taught me when to say when.

And endlessly taking them to go "deeper" is patently unwise.

10 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

@Haumea2018 

What he's pointing to is what happens when you contemplate. The answer you get after contemplation. Its contemplating deeper and deeper into the GodHead.

But Leo is not talking about cool stories. He's talking about revealations from contemplation. 

When Leo or anyone serious takes psychedelics, you take it to contemplate. Not to come up with cool stories.

Revelations are cool stories.  They are in essence quasi-religious teachings, that one only understands when one awakens to that permanent state (and then ironically no longer needs them.)  You cannot successfully transmit that kind of knowledge.  It does not "take" at the same state the student is in.

10 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

It is possible to paint a mystical experience with a certain projection, to give a mystical experience a story, a meaning, and a projection, but I don't think he's doing that here.

I think it's exactly what he's doing, although he may not be aware of it.

Like you said "Leo's descriptions are cool stories. But what he's pointing to is not. "

That's exactly my point. You cannot "get" what he is pointing to, so all you get out of it are the cool stories. 

You only "get" it by permanently living in that state.

Edited by Haumea2018

That's like saying, hey, why don't you jump off a bridge, you've never tried it, you might like it!

Exactly! But because you have survival attachment you would never do it, even if you were told that paradise lies on the other side because you are selfish. 

I have tried psychedelics a few times, and they were good experiences, but they also taught me when to say when.

And endlessly taking them to go "deeper" is patently unwise

A few times is not going to cut it. You need to take them for many years if you want to get to real depths.

Why is it unwise to do so? What else is there to do other than explore reality?

@electroBeam Well put! 

Edited by fridjonk

You guys do realize that you are on a forum that will be turinig more pro-psychedelic by the week.

Better get out if you can't handle it.  o.O

I am starting to think nobody here understands Brutality here. :(

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~! 

8 minutes ago, fridjonk said:

Exactly! But because you have survival attachment you would never do it, even if you were told that paradise lies on the other side because you are selfish. 

"Paradise" is for people who cannot accept the now.  It is for escapists in other words.

People who don't like their normal state and want better.

Every remarkable spiritual teacher has said to accept the now.

It is the mind that makes it "not paradise" now. The falsity of dualistic beliefs.

You don't need psychedelics to escape the now, you need to embrace the now!

What you resist persists - there is no escape.

If you're thinking that salvation is at some point in the future, after your 1000th trip, you are chasing your own tail.

Edited by Haumea2018

2 hours ago, fridjonk said:

Are you aware these are equally beautiful? :D

fresh-cow-shit-green-grass-83199729.jpg

Capture.PNG

this is racist and sexistic.

can someone stop this please - these cases are precedents now, which are going too far. you will not be able to count fast enough until women will leave this forum.

a lot of the male forum users lately talking about enlightenment and such but then not being able to discern themselves from the shit they are posting. 

it slowly seems really like a women hater and racist forum trying to hide this under fake spirituality to find enough victims for your sick and mischievous jokes.

@Serotoninluv @Nahm @Inliytened1 @Anna1

Edited by remember

1 minute ago, Haumea2018 said:

"Paradise" is for people who cannot accept the now.  It is for escapists in other words.

Everything is paradise! Whether it's the now or not, but you create your suffering, not your surroundings.  

People who don't like their normal state and want better. 

What is "normal" and what is "better"?

Every remarkable spiritual teacher has said to accept the now.

Yes, and that's still the plan, a nice consequence of psychedelics, yoga, and meditation. 

It is the mind that makes it "not paradise" now. The falsity of dualistic beliefs.

Yes.

You don't need psychedelics to escape the now, you need to embrace the now!

Yes. But you can accept the now AND go deeper into understanding reality, why does it have to be black or white? 

Real psychedelic users are not escaping into some fantasyland. If that's what you think psychedelics are, then you know nothing of them.

@remember Why are you actively seeking out to be a victim? You are me after all, so you're just offending yourself.  

Just now, fridjonk said:

@remember Why are you actively seeking out to be a victim? You are me after all, so you're just offending yourself.  

thank you for at least being that honest about your intentions.

17 minutes ago, Haumea2018 said:

Like you said "Leo's descriptions are cool stories. But what he's pointing to is not. "

That's exactly my point. You cannot "get" what he is pointing to, so all you get out of it are the cool stories. 

You only "get" it by permanently living in that state.

Agreed, that's why i stopped watching him, because beyond self realization you're on your own. No teachings will help you after that.

17 minutes ago, Haumea2018 said:

I think it's exactly what he's doing, although he may not be aware of it.

He is literally doing that from our perspective, because he's using language to communicate his depth.

Thats why its funny, as soon as Leo made a video about Love, everyone on the forum started having mystical experiences of Love.

As soon as Leo made a video about infinite intelligence, everyone started having mystical experiences of infinite intelligence.

But what people on here didnt realise, is that (and I wrote that here, and more directly here(but people here misinterpreted me even more than the critique) with lots of resistance) the only reason why they were having all these different mystical experiences, is because the were having 1 mystical experience, and projecting meaning onto it in different ways(intelligence meaning, love meaning -> its all the same experience! Just different projections onto it!)

And it is possible to become more conscious and aware of God, and Leo is doing that, but at that point its literally impossible to describe it.

Despite this, its still possible to go deeper and deeper. Leo's descriptions are 0% accurate, and all he's doing is projecting cool stories onto those mystical experiences which have almost nothing to do with the mystical experience itself - agreed. But my point is you can go beyond self realization, you definitely can. And going beyond it is not a cool story but real.

@remember Notice how I was saying cow-shit is equally as beautiful as a woman (I'm male), that would also entail all colors of women and men, so it would be as anti-racist and sexist as one could be. 

Edited by fridjonk

11 minutes ago, remember said:

can someone stop this please - these cases are precedents now, which are going too far. you will not be able to count fast enough until women will leave this forum.

a lot of the male forum users lately talking about enlightenment and such but then not being able to discern themselves from the shit they are posting. 

it slowly seems really like a women hater and racist forum trying to hide this under fake spirituality to find enough victims for your sick and mischievous jokes.

You can come up with a semi reasonable case that this is sexist. But this is not racist.

As per Leo's new guidelines, I would encourage you to not spread misinformation.

21 minutes ago, remember said:

Massive over reaction. How many times have you left the forum?