Spiral Wizard

Sadhguru is such an OG

89 posts in this topic

I had this crazy dream last night. 

I was living with Leo as some kind of apprentice. But Leo was hell weird looking. Like 5ft3 and had this insane facial blushing and inflammation. We spoke randomly about things and I had the emotional state of abdication towards him, but it was jarring because of his appearance. 

I only remembered it today when watching one of his videos. Was so disconcerting.

I think the implications were being overly trusting in him without genuinely knowing him - and worshiping a false idol in my mind that was revealed to be less than what I imagined.

Was pretty scary to be honest. Not the dream itself, but remembering it.

Reminded me a lot of that passage in Thus spoke Zarathustra, when people are gathered around amazed at this tiny guy with a massive ear.

Not to be too disrespectful of you though Leo though, lol. Just honestly relaying a dream that I had and trying to make sense of it. 

15 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

@fridjonk We will see in time how true this “authority” is and how much of it is simply a term known as “Inflation” 

From an outside perspective, with no Bias towards or against Leo (despite you thinking I do)  this seems more accurate, that’s all :

http://www.kheper.net/topics/gurus/inflation.html

@LfcCharlie4 That web seems a true gem

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Be careful.

Sadhguru is not awake.

What do we need to be careful about?

Glory to Israel

1 hour ago, fridjonk said:

@Ya know If Sadhguru is not awake, then none of the teachers you've heard of are. Except maybe Leo. o.O

Lol. Hope the Isha kool-aid was yummy

25 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

@fridjonk We will see in time how true this “authority” is and how much of it is simply a term known as “Inflation” 

From an outside perspective, with no Bias towards or against Leo (despite you thinking I do)  this seems more accurate, that’s all :

http://www.kheper.net/topics/gurus/inflation.html

No No you got it all wrong. You don't follow Leo for enlightenment, every lasting peace, or to integrate yourself better.

You follow Leo to understand consciousness more deeply, or to be more conscious of what reality is. Thats different to Ramana style enlightenment. Ramana style enlightenment is all about integrating yourself better. Ramana style enlightenment is about being whole, being complete, living a life of peace, living a life of beauty, no suffering, integrating your human life with your awakening experiences.

Leo will never ever do any of those things if he takes the path he does, and thats not what he wants to do. He specifically said he wants to study God as God for another million years(in a particular reply on here). That has nothing to do with integrating God, or answering how to be blissful and joyful, or how to embody God, or typical enlightenment stuff.

Leo lacks integration - by design. Because he's too busy going deeper and deeper into what God is metaphysically.

Leo lacks coming back to why enlightenment is valuable in the first place, and he's (not to project just explaining here) disconnected with the joy and bliss and peace and even love aspect in his teaching. And disconnected to the embodiment. He's not trying to do those things, hes trying to go deep.

You dont follow Leo to get enlightened or to be blissful or to find what it means to be human, and how to live a good life(even though Leo once said he's channel is about living a good life) you follow him to more deeply understand God. 

@LfcCharlie4 How much of Leo's content have you actually watched because he has dismissed every part of this inflation description throughout hundreds of his videos. 

For example, Live Awakening Part 2. There was no Leo in that video, it was purely god speaking through a vessel. I watched it on LSD and it was so pure and clear how far he has gone, deeper than almost any known human I've ever heard of. Notice how everything he said in that video is the same thing masters have said for thousands of years - AND MORE. The website you linked is also biased towards psychedelics because they clearly have not experienced them. 

Are you aware that you imagined Ramana, Rupert Spira, and Francis Lucille? And then projected your authority onto them.

Leo has gone beyond that. 

When one is in such high god consciousness, there is no way of deluding yourself like this inflation points to. At that point, you are way beyond some silly ego-clinging. You literally die. Truth is Truth.

I don't like to be the guy who's defending Leo, because to me it doesn't mean shit if he's more awakened than some other mainstream masters. I do my own thing as others should too. But it's blatantly clear how awakened the man has become.

And it's clear that to some people have some idealistic standard for how "the most awakened" guru should look like, and how he should speak. Of course, a guy who lives in an apartment in Las Vegas and does psychedelics couldn't be more awake than MY favorite Indian Yogi master. No! the most enlightened master has to live in a cave in a diaper. 

Edited by fridjonk

Following Leo these days for me is more like watching a never before seen experiment will it work out or will it go wrong? Will he turn into a God or Devil? who knows? But it sure as hell is interesting only time will tell. We cant really judge until he pops out on the other side of this transition 

@electroBeam Ultimately you won't get any of these answers, or a better understanding of god unless it's your own direct experience. 

@fridjonk Leo is the map, not the territory. But his map is looking for something rupert spira's map is looking for. Thats very obvious. Practice both what rupert practices and what Leo practices, they are trying to do different things. Rupert is much more integrative. Leo is much more deep. 

@electroBeam I think people underestimate Leo's integration. From his blog post videos, it would indicate he has plenty of sober awakenings and experiences. I think he's become "enlightened" to the same degree as other teachers, he's just trying to go further. 

And I know you're aware of what I said, just wanted to clarify it a little.  :)

@fridjonk I want to separate his teachings from him because i dont know anything about him.

His teaching's orientation is what makes it less integrative than Rupert's. His drive is to 'figure out' or contemplate deeply reality. Thats literally his teaching's focus(his teachings before i made this post because after making that post i stopped watching him). He has a very sharp, pointed focus on unravelling the 'how' consciousness works. And he unravels many fragmented aspects, from love, intelligence, bliss, Moo(nothingness), and there's a drive to figure it out. Its like this huge curiosity, single focus on 'figuring it out'. 

If you check out other teacher's teachings, they arent so limited, and subject themselves to just this single pointed focus of deep contemplation and 'figuring things out'. There's emphasis on how to live with what you've figured out in your day to day life: work, relationships, family problems. How to practice spirituality while living life. How to embody bliss, how to constantly Be peace(in contrast to what Leo does which is, fuck embodying peace, lets go figure out what the fuck Love is, quench ya curiosity). How to constantly be compassionate in times of covid. See the focus is much more on living with mystical insight in day to day life. And generally these sort of rupert spira teachings goes beyond Leo's drive to know more and more about consciousness, its either beyond it, or its just a different orientation. Just a different focus. Leo focuses on knowing more and more, others focus on living through all aspects of life: work, relationships, blissfully, from a different perspective. Could be wrong, but people like Charlie are conflating the 2. Leo has said in a blog post that he's not a zen master but an explorer, and he said on the forum he's passion is studying God, and he wants to do that for another million years. Its clearly a different focus. 

A lot of sadhguru's advice actually contradicts Leo's. Sadhguru constantly emphasises not taking the path too seriously, being to enthusiastic, and single pointed focus on the path, and taking the ideas of the path too seriously, and he always reminds his audience to treat both spirituality and mundane life equally. To live mundane life to the fullest. And forget spirituality for a while here and there. Leo's the exact opposite, constantly thrusting his audience into more and more hardcore spiritual practices. And he's getting more serious. This comes at a cost: a cost of forgetting to embody, forgetting spirituality is not special, and there's a beautiful life beyond psychedelics, contemplation and non dual ideas. To live a happy life, there needs to be at least some sort of satisfaction. You can't enjoy your life having a need to search deeper and deeper into the godhead. Thats why a balance between hard core Leo/Ralstone and softcore sadhguru is good.

Like you've gotta ask why does Leo just want to know more and more and more? And aint ever satisfied? Because I've certainly been in states where i was completely satisfied and felt like just basking in it and living from that place. Because Leo's drive for more is in itself a particular state, not an absolute state. 

Edited by electroBeam

Unbelievable! Have you guys ever heard of “Projecting your thoughts, ideas, beliefs and imagination etc.????

Consciousness and awakening is an individual sensation (for lack of better words) that no one can claim is better or worse than someone else’s.  Your thoughts, ideas, imagination, beliefs and feelings create your reality.  “Your Reality”! 

One of the best teachings I received thus far on my journey is, “Never give your POWER away to anyone”.  You can learn from others, but never, I mean “Never” put someone else on a pedestal ahead of yourself.  

When you Judge someone else, you are looking through the Mask of Self-importance, which is just an unconscious aspect of “Self-Pity”.   When you follow someone else down the Rabbit Hole, that is also a form of Self Pity.    I have been working on this psychological aspect of myself for over 10 years!  It’s one of the most difficult psychological barriers that hinders an individual’s journey to consciousness.

It’s also Narcissistic to think we here on this forum are far more advanced then anyone before Us or around Us!  You Don’t know, that you Don’t Know.

Did no one here read the post I put out yesterday about Jumping Mouse? 

It is a Native story told a long time ago, well before any of us here on this forum arrived in this life time. It’s about the journey towards enlightenment from a Natives Perspective, when most of the Natives were still very much “One” with all living things.  It is my estimation that most of us here on this forum are no longer connected with all living things here on Earth.  If you want to understand God Consciousness, a good place to start would be to connect with the God consciousness that surrounds you in this reality.

Read it, you might learn something!

Just sharing some thoughts, ideas and beliefs!

3 hours ago, Ya know said:

Who is awake?

Nobody is awake. The Universe itself awakens to its own True Nature. It's Utterly Marvelous.

unborn Truth

@ajasatya this is kind of my point, some have simply realised the truth of their own being more deeply than others, you can’t be more awake than anyone!

@electroBeam Yeah maybe I am, my point is that, similar to you, I just wonder if the constant state chasing makes you more awake. If you want to explore consciousness and this dream, go for it, but realising your nature of your being and Self-Relalization is more what I’m interested in :) 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@electroBeam Spot on. You put it perfectly. I myself resonate with Leo because my main passion is knowing reality, god, love, intelligence, etc. I look at the absolute state as a positive side-effect, because it will eventually dawn on you. And I like the idea of studying teachers across the board, which Leo actually suggests you do. Leo has often said this work is about more than just feeling good in your body, and living the rest of your life in some bliss state. And I agree with that, and id say that's where psychedelic use differs and can take one deeper than the standard teachings do. The teachings such as Spira, Ralston, etc,  ultimately trying to make you realize your true nature, disidentifying with the false self. Psychedelics I believe will take one deeper into the structure of the machine of god, exploring god consciousness and not just basking in bliss. 

There also comes a time where one has to give up all "external sources" which is what Leo has been doing now recently. And what many of us who are on this path will have to do at one point. But none of us are as far as Leo has gone I'm sure. He got where he is precisely because he studied teachers of various sources.  

The teachers like Spira, Ralston, Sadhguru, etc, all still have their own way of teaching things. They are not completely rid of ego, else their teachings would all be exactly the same. Different cultural upbringings and worldviews play a big role. You can experience divine god consciousness from a stage yellow (teal), turquoise, indigo, violet, etc,  thinking you've "made it" when in fact it's just a state from which you see your worldview. Integral Theory covers this very well. Reality is infinite after all, you can go on forever. 

18 minutes ago, DLH said:

Read it, you might learn something!

Are you assuming that learning something new from an external source, and adding more information to my ego will deepen my wisdom? 

That's projecting your authority away. 

4 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

you can’t be more awake than anyone!

This is false

You can be more wake than anyone who's ever taught.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

23 minutes ago, fridjonk said:

Are you assuming that learning something new from an external source, and adding more information to my ego will deepen my wisdom? 

That's projecting your authority away. 

Maybe, but maybe not.  Sharing thoughts, ideas, beliefs are not the same as projecting thoughts, ideas, and beliefs.  We are individuals, but at the same time we are a collective.  When we share, we are doing it through Love and Compassion, and when we receive thoughts, ideas and beliefs through sharing, it is up to you/us to discriminate using critical thinking to accept only that what resonates with you/our current thoughts, ideas, and beliefs. That is the power you possess and never should give away!  

Edited by DLH