Conscious life

Is it positive thinking bullshit?

22 posts in this topic

Is it positive thinking bullshit projection something that doesn't exists? 

38 minutes ago, Conscious life said:

No, positive thinking is the weapon by which you're winning the mind-game called life. 

It's so necessary 

There is a new trend : people are saying positive thinking is bullshit. I don't agree with that.

it's proven that it helps, it's like Placebo effect

But positive thinking is not enough.

Positive thinking should be accompanied with positive feeling. At first positive thinking is voluntary then slowly it gets involuntary with busting limited beliefs.

7 minutes ago, Consept said:

For example you may feel you never want to hear any criticism 

Hear criticism from a point of view like the person who is criticising you really want to see you improve so he is criticising and it will be fine.

Edited by Harikrishnan

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

@Consept perfect. 

After my enlightenment I discovere three no positive or negative, but a perfect reality. Thinking positive is bullshitng one self, when three is so negative stuff, assuming it as it is positive. Instead If we can work on it, It makes us strong, if you face the negative. 

It depends on who you are, "where" you are and what you read into "postitive thinking", it could be in respect of law of attraction and that if you're just positive about something then everything will be alright. But somewhere along the road you have to hold the understanding that you have to to sow in order to reap. If you fail to see this relationship and somewhere think that you can just wish for things and they should magically appear or happen to you, then you are disillusioned. It is only after you "sow" that the universe seem to align with your intentions and things appear or happen seemingly without effort. If you come from the perspective that you should get stuff without having put some stake into it, it's easy to see that one would say that "positive thinking is projection bullshit". While this is just a lack of basic understanding.

If you put in the work that is needed, fueled but positive energies then it's a whole different matter. You get the energy you need to realign your reality to whatever your needs are and there will be a sense of it all being effortless - at this point events simply unfold. But in fact there is more to it than mere positive thinking. We tend to romanticise and neglect the not so romantic aspects of things. Doing that, it's easy to say or see only the positive thinking being the magical "fix all" component.

Edited by Eph75

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

Ok, then yes, but it's not a development tool as much as a perferred mindset. If you choose between three; positive, negative and "care not", it's not hard to see that "positive thinking" paired with whatever else work you do is probable to have good outcomes.

Besides, by exercising positive thinking you make finding positive aspects your default, even in what at first glance might seem negative. We are prone to default to negative thinking and wallow in negative thinking. A lot of people are purely negative and seem to enjoy being in that mental state. It's easy to find 10 negative things in another person but it's harder to find 10 positive ones. The more positive mindset you have, the easier it is to find those positive things. At some point becomes hard not to see the positive angles and you seemingly find positivity everywhere, also in the small things that you earlier on neglected to see. Effortless joy.

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

positive thinkings is a great tool to make easy to get what you want the problem is a lot if idiots confuse people in youtube making them believe that whatever you want you cant manifest it. Manifesting things by thought and the law of ttraction are the biggest scams ever!

Edited by Moreira

6 hours ago, Conscious life said:

Sometimes it can be, IME. 

Some claim, that primarily the capacity to feel negative emotion but not give expression to it is a part of the true transformative practice. The ability to 'hold one's tongue' as some say,,,,

Arnold Keyserling, student of Gurdjieff, said that if a Person could go for two years, (which is the cycle of Mars) and not outwardly express negative emotion, the internal alchemical cooking that takes place becomes a particular Intellegence where anything that happens thereafter will simply be taken more as, - What is - and will not produce a reactive, mechanical, negative emotion or expression regardless of what may happen after a successful two years.

Some might call it a formula for cultivating Sainthood or pure grace. 

Ive been attempting this for about 15 years and have  lost count at the number of times I've had to start over,,,, ?Although I haven't succeeded, I feel it's a very worthwhile practice that does begin to produce more of a spaciousness in a person. Eventually, we do become less of a puppet of our mechanical reactivity. 

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

Positive or negative can be seen as an opportunity. Neutral can be seen as a opportunity to create positivity. It’s about accepting learning and growing, connection is the result of being genuine about feelings 

When most people try to think positively, it isn't really rooted in positivity, but neuroticism. And that's exactly why it doesn't work. Inner peace and harmony is inherently an absence of inner conflict, and by fighting with yourself by trying to enforce positive thinking you are simply fueling that inner tension. Which in turn makes the problem worse, because you aren't addressing the root issue.

So no, positive thinking doesn't "work". Positive thinking is the byproduct of deep acceptance and inner harmony, and shouldn't be goal in and of itself. Fighting with yourself in any shape or form is just a distraction. Let yourself flourish, and don't try to mold yourself according to some fixed delusion of what you think you should be like.

Edited by Commodent

I am myself, heaven and hell.

Positive thinking is simply the result of a healthy mind.

If you find yourself thinking negative thoughts all the time. It just means there's work to be done.
There's a belief that something is lacking, and that belief is the source of all of these thoughts. So start there.

But a lot of times when we try to force positive thinking, these thoughts are based on that same belief structure.
Someone that's happy and joyful doesn't have to tell herself that she's happy and joyful. Because it's so obvious. 
So what are you trying to accomplish by thinking positive thoughts? What is the underlying message? Do they arise out of lack, or abundance?

Positive thinking is a tool.
Tools can be used in a healthy and in an unhealthy way.

You can delude yourself to an extent where your life basically goes downhill into the abyss, while you tell yourself how good everything is.
Your subconcious mind doesnt really care about your concious efforts of thinking positively. 
What I also see in some "always positive" personalities is some kind of fakeness and non authenthic being. We have a full spectrum of emotions and sometimes the "positive" ones are not the right ones for dealing with a certain situation. 

Where it does grandiose work is reframing in my opinion. 
You get fired from your job: A great way to get over this is to reframe the situation in a positive way AND then take action from that point.

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

On 10/19/2019 at 10:52 PM, Conscious life said:

@Conscious life No, placebos prove that belief and attitude can have a massive influence.

One can explore this way past just placebos.

21 hours ago, Matt8800 said:

@Conscious life No, placebos prove that belief and attitude can have a massive influence.

One can explore this way past just placebos.

What about when you trancend the mind?

being on both ends of the spectrum: negative mindset to the point of suicidal thoughts/ positive mindset to the point of loving life--- then positive thinking really changed my life. It's one of those fake it till you make it scenarios too, and positive affirmations really do help if you listen with open mind.  At the same time, to be in suffering because you aren't in positive mindset is bullshit because you are wishing for something you don't have. Instead, set your sights on the goal and let yourself intuitively guide your way there. Good luck!

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay