Psychonaut

So MDMA has some value?

30 posts in this topic

I am being ignorant here. For me MDMA always seemed like a hippy party drug. In some comment Leo mentioned that MDMA is actually a psychedelic.

I was always hesitant of trying it because it seemed to "damage" the brain and one would feel down afterwards.

Does it have a use? I have done most of the regular psychedelics and looking for something new.

if you use it high quality, in the right setting ( not dancing, on random drug + alcohol )

like purely. and purity in the substances.

there will be no comedown ~120mg lesser.

I just did mdma 10 times in life, but with all my gathered knowledge for people who are not about drugging themself here :

- 100-120 mg ( no comedown, and normaly none if you do it once every 5 years : you read right, every once in a year is ok too, every month is a very bad idea. )

different from psychedelics but has some potential, there is a low mood then, that stay almost for 3 days, but you'll not experience it below the ~120 mg

there is psychedsubtance on youtube who talks a lot about mdma.

it is used/try in setting in some country for psy-therapy.

yes it can teach you in meta, what an absolute feeling of love & bliss is.

but that's the thing, most people get hooked on it, and don't try to embody what can be teached by the substance.

can help someone very down to see there is "high".

I would be cautious with mdma, I didn't do it since 1 year, and don't plan to do it again, I always do half a pill of xtc in some random party where I feel for it, in my case, I like to be surrounded when I do mdma. ( But I will maybe never do it again, cause of the possible comedown, and because I already dig what there is to learn from it ( maybe there is more, but not for now ) )

Edited by Aeris

@Psychonaut Its all about the user, not the tool. There are a bunch of other chemicals that can be used for awakening experiences, if your knowledge on non-duality and infinite love is somewhat there. 

Salvia and edibles for example.

Mdma might help you explore the love facet of reality.  

@Psychonaut Oh boy does it ever. MDMA Assisted Psychotherapy is on track to approved by the FDA in 2021 for PTSD. Results have been nothing short of groundbreaking. Although, it will be some time before it is accessible to the general public. 

Reading this https://medium.com/@tuckermax/what-mdma-therapy-did-for-me-41ffe5f15971 was what got me really excited about the potential of MDMA.

Even Tim Ferris is excited about this, though it could have something to do with Tucker since they are friends. https://tim.blog/2019/03/09/trip-of-compassion/

But yeah it is great for trauma work. There are underground therapists who will work with it but you would already have to know someone.

From the reading I've done on https://www.reddit.com/r/mdmatherapy/ it seems to be safe enough to do it alone. 

Probably has a lot of potential in shadow work if used in the right type of environment

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

Set and setting is CRUCIAL. I fucked myself up pretty bad with MDMA. Wrong people and places. Will never touch it again under any circumstances. 

@PlayOnWords So you judge it by your ONE experience and stupid idea to take it in the wrong circumstances, which you are aware of ?

For me, MDMA is one of the ways I had learnt what love is and how it feels. My best experiences were with MDMA , the most happy ones, and surely very significant. They had also taught me how to contain people, how to reach into my emotional side. 

I think it's great for diving deep into the Love aspect.   

It also works great as a couples therapy tool.  I rolled with my wife a couple of months ago and we were really open, honest, got a few things off our chests, and have been much more loving and understanding with each other ever since.

I did MDMA with my wife and it helped a lot in our relationship. Also I could use it alone and just heal myself to the fullest with love that MDMA brings. Hell of a tool, but needs the right setting, being at home, all alone or with a really good friend who wont burst into dancing and distracting your ass

Mahadev

Bottom line, treat it with respect. It's insanely powerful and can give you some incredible feelings of love, but recognize that the only reason it makes you feel that way is because it dumps all your serotonin, meaning you already had that love inside of you. MDMA is just forcing your brain to release it. Make sure you take a safe dose, do not re-dose, and have the next day off to take some self care. 

I've had some life changing experiences with it, but I've also been stupid and used it in an unhealthy way, MDMA is not a forgiving substance when used improperly. I wouldn't call it a psychedelic though, perhaps my definition of a psychedelic is inaccurate. 

@Psychonaut I have used MDMA for awhile now for spiritual growth and it has been valuable for me. MDMA is to explore relationships so should be done with another person or people. 

I do it once a month with my significant other at home with music, candles, etc and we just sit and talk. It makes a long term relationship have the continuous closeness of when an awesome relationship is brand new.

It is toxic but studies have shown there is no difference between someone who doesnt do it and someone who only does it once a month. Just limit your frequency.

It is a valuable tool no doubt and my one and only experience with it was easily as profound as some of my best LSD trips, but it does drain the brain's supply of serotonin temporarily. I think it should only be used a few times in a year spaced out and no more just to stay on the safe side. Certainly allows you to explore the love aspect of enlightenment and discover a new depth of empathy that can carry over into your daily life. It's also an amazingly therapeutic tool helping you to seemingly melt trauma, grief and shame through the power of love itself. I also believe it to be somewhat of a cheat code towards integration of prior psychedelic experiences. 

But again, be safe. Hope that helps @Psychonaut

I find it interesting how these perceptions of specific drugs occur when there are many experience reports you can sift through as well as Google for research on any medicinal effects regarding it. Browsing websites like erowid might help you out a lot. 

But yes mdma has incredible value for personal development. It makes processing emotions, even painful ones, much better. It can help connect with them, find emotional roots, and resolve longstanding issues. It's what makes it so good for say those with ptsd. 

There is a neurotoxicity regarding how frequent you dose and how much you do. Every 3 months is the general rule of thumb. Treat it as if you have a limited number of mdma trips in your life. 

18 hours ago, Matt8800 said:

I do it once a month

Way too often. Read rollsafe.org , the safe way is going once every 3 months. And yes I do feel some negative effects after the MDMA trip that's why I don't fuck with it, every person that I talk to who has tried said the same - It's not that healthy for your body/mind.

Mahadev

@fridjonk not just one experience. It became a problem. Chasing the dragon. Several harsh paranoid experiences, but it led me onto this path so gotta be grateful eh? :P

@PlayOnWords Well don't let that stop you from doing it responsibly further in the future, and in the right set and setting. -_-