V for Vendetta

Fight Club

Revolver

Dark City

Matrix

Waking Life

Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

This movie isn't solely about awakening, but there are several scenes of Bill Murray waking up.

Four of my favourites are The Fountain, The Passion of the Christ, The Matrix and Donnie Darko.

On 30/12/2020 at 10:13 PM, Girzo said:

The Evangelion anime movie. It covers topics of life and death, focusing on the ultimate meaning of life. There are 4 parts of the movie, the last one set to be released in the January 2021.

Here's the credits song from the movie. "It's only love..." I think it really nails the point.

This guy gets it. I haven't seen the movie rebuild. But to anyone who hasn't seen Eva, just watch the anime series then The End of Evangelion film

I'd say that the film is completely non-dual, but that won't make sense untill someone has seen the anime and then the last film. But it really is worth it as a masterpiece. 

"If there's no love for Eva there's no Kensho" - Master Hideaki 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Some of these are more like documentaries. I looked over all that’s been posted. Excuse me if I’ve overlooked and posted one that already has been listed.

• People vs The State of Illusion
  • What the Bleep Do We Know
  • Meetings with remarkable Men
  • The Quantum Activist
  • Something Unknown is Doing We Dont Know What
  • Spirit Space

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

this movie is about a man who's bloodline traces back to one of the primary figures in a creed of assassin's 500 years prior, that fought against the corruption of man and continually fought to prevent the kings of men getting what's called the apple of eden (a transcendental sphere with God like power to control all of free will).

He gets captured by his ancestors' enemies and put into a reality simulator called the animus which synchronises him with his ancestors memories (which are allegedly stored in his DNA/blood) and he relives really cool periods of.his ancestors life. The apple.still exists and it's location is hidden somewhere in the main characters memory (his connection with his past ancestor).

What you realise soon is that every time he syncs with his assassin ancestor, he's actually waking his ancestor up within himself and they become one, awakened in his body. Then after his ancestors senses his from the past, and enters the main characters mind. The main character starts "hallucinating" without the machine and hears his ancestors speaking to him as the barrier between projection and reality fade

Super cool movie. Very cool lense to look at it through.

Edited by Aaron p

shutter Island

I really like movies. This one is cracker if you Wana look at it through the lense of awakening.

An inspector goes to an insane asylum prison on an island to investigate a prisoner, the man killed his wife. He senses something strange going on with the staff at the island.

He can't seem to find the person he's looking for, this strange man who is insane on this island. 

As he journeys down the rabbit hole (and I don't really Wana give too much away), he struggles to work with the seemingly awkward prison staff but eventually finds out that the insane man (who has been on the island for years) is much closer than he thought. ;)

Edited by Aaron p

Grace and Grit comes out soon. It's about Ken Wilber and his wife.

The road to God is paved with bliss.

Total recall (new one)

The main character is tired of the same routine over and over again, he goes to this total recall advanced tech facility that can give you memories of fantasies you want. He goes simply to have a good time and new memories put in his mind, but then the memory/dream is so good that he can't tell if he's waking up or falling asleep between 2 now existent world's, each debunking eachother with the same claim that both are a projection. In one he is a normal guy who went to total recall facility and the dream is too strong and that he is deceived into thinking he is a hero who has had his memory replaced earlier in his life.

On the flip side...his life as he knew it (including the idea that he was a normal guy who went to total recall and who is now deluded) is itself the delusion and the idea that he was a normal guy who went to total recall to have memories of being a spy implanted into his head, is the idea that they have planted in his head symmetrically to confuse him about which one is real. Which means the movie started as a dream. He's woken up.

In the newly discovered world he realises that his wife is actually a secret agent in the police operating against him only pretending to be his wife since he had [in the past] worked with the police but changed sides to the rebellion after discovering apparent corruption within the police. 

Later in the movie as his confusion peaks he is approached and told that he's actually still in the total recall machine and that he hasn't woken up, that he's fallen asleep. He can't tell if this person is just saying that (since they know he went to the total recall machine and they know that it would be a good excuse to get him to surrender by making him think he's deluded). They tried to wipe his memory to forget about his choice to change sides.

So the main guy has to choose between what he thinks is real and what he thinks is dream.

What will he choose? 

Dun dun dun.......(lol)

(Also action in it is great, brilliant work by the director. Good movie all round. 5/5)?

Edited by Aaron p

I already mentioned my all time favorite "The Tree of Life".

In the meantime I watched more movies of the same director "Terrence Malick", and finally, last year, I've seen his newest in the cinema. It induced a deeply purging experience of holiness, divinity, beauty. It's:

A Hidden Life
220px-HiddenLifePoster.jpeg

Other amazing movies from Malick, also about Truth and how it's lost and rediscovered:

The_Thin_Red_Line_Poster.jpg

The_New_World_poster.jpg

Edited by peanutspathtotruth

Started watching this, not bad. It's called:

"American Gods"

Russian Doll (tv series) is also pretty good, based on the idea of eternal recurrence like Groundhog Day. 

Soul

I haven’t seen it but apparently it’s quite eye opening in regards to life purpose. Looks quite good

Edited by Jacobsrw

On 2.1.2021 at 1:54 AM, StudentOfLeove said:

Harry Potter 1-8

Spirited Away

The OA (Tv show)

True detective (Tv show)

Hannibal (Tv show)

Interstellar

Into the wild

Apocalypto

Have to correct this. True detective and hannibal are very dark but there is lots of truth in them. So dont watch them when you are very empathic and apocalypto is stage purple and stage red in spiral dynamics. 

On 2.1.2021 at 8:49 AM, James123 said:

V for Vendetta

Fight Club

Revolver

Dark City

Matrix

Waking Life

Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring

You sir, have a good taste. Watched all of those (and Really liked them) except revolver.

May I recommend, to everyone, the movie Ex Machina. Simply put a class movie on all levels.

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

On 23.2.2021 at 10:07 PM, Jacobsrw said:

Soul

I haven’t seen it but apparently it’s quite eye opening in regards to life purpose. Looks quite good

I watched this movie yesterday and came here to post it.

Highly recommended! I loved it

Might’ve been mentioned, but Disney’s “Soul” is pretty good. Love that they noted the ‘heaven scenes’ were all “illusory & hypothetical”. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

20 hours ago, Nahm said:

Might’ve been mentioned, but Disney’s “Soul” is pretty good. Love that they noted the ‘heaven scenes’ were all “illusory & hypothetical”. 

Amazing movie. Made me cry.

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.