EvilAngel

Finding more happiness in hedonism

28 posts in this topic

I've recently been avoiding any spiritual practice and diving head first into a sea of sex, alcohol and junk food. Guess what? I actually feel happier than I did when I was meditating for hours on end. Pretty counter-intuitive eh? 

Pretty obvious and very common. You're being tricked by the devil. Keep doing it and let's see how stable your happiness will be.

@Esoteric I've decided to stop trying, and go with the flow. My life is not in my hands anymore. God has a plan. 

Edited by EvilAngel

Ha! Hedonism is unmaintainable as a complete happiness strategy. Don't delude yourseld. Do enjoy life as you wish, but do not abandon your spiritual practise. 

Rather contemplate why just being feels like a chore to you. Contemplate why you started your journey in the first place. 

@EvilAngel it's not wrong to want pleasure. Everyone needs at least a bit of it ;)

But realize the thing you call happiness is not happiness. It's excitement. Happiness is unconditional love and being. At least in my vocab :P

As someone who has lived in hedonism and nihilism for many years I must warn you. You might be able to keep It up for a long time but the loan your taking out on your body and mind will always be paid back.  If your plans to run yourself into the ground then burn it up and enjoy but if you have serious plans for the future your shooting yourself in the foot.

it is fine to engage in hedonism. it's finding a balance with all other things you find important in life.

lol the goal of meditating hours on end isn't happiness

Sex, alcohol and junk food are all spiritual practices, ESPECIALLY if you label them as hedonism. You can't escape God, nice try though. ;) 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@ajasatya @ajasatya@ajasat@ajasatya@ajasatya 

You. You need to escape. But don't wait too long cos you might miss the boat.            Or? 

I'm here to tell everyone that you're wasting your time. Do whatever the hell you want. Heaven is here. Why? Because I said so. 

"I started drinking alcohol and noticed my happiness increased" ?

@EvilAngel

Food and sex are cool. They're in the first stage in Maslow's hierarchy. 

I would be careful with alcohol consumption though. Look after your health because it's unexpendable. And alcohol is unnecessary for happiness.

Edited by Truth Addict

I started shooting heroin and for some reason my happiness increased ;)

The whole point of addictive stuff is that it increases your happiness instantly without effort.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

I started shooting heroin and for some reason my happiness increased ;)

The whole point of addictive stuff is that increases your happiness instantly without effort.

I agree with that @Leo Gura. Happiness is earned. Happiness cannot be possible without effort.

Me on the road less traveled.

5 hours ago, EvilAngel said:

@Esoteric I've decided to stop trying, and go with the flow. My life is not in my hands anymore. God has a plan. 

???

You get it! Congarts!