TrynaBeTurquoise

Which personal development practices have helped you the most?

19 posts in this topic

Ones that you practically apply in everyday life.

The main ones that have helped me so far:

-Instead of judging others when they do something you perceive as negative, look for where you are displaying that same trait in your own life and work on that.

-Don't be consumed with what people think about you because if you try to become a people pleaser you are playing a losing game that you ultimately can't control, instead remind yourself your own approval is all you need to be content with yourself. 

I have been surprised how much these have helped me get rid of anxiety and overthinking. 

Also:

-thinking about implications of oneness and treating others as yourself in a different life, trying to understand every action is a product of love but on different levels of consciousness

-Trying to find kernels of truth from points of view you don't necessarily agree with

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

Learning from others.

Its much harder to observe oneself but when one can establish concentrated internal honesty that is good here too.

Its much easier to just be like, "this person sucks, why do they suck? Oh they do this, better not do that". I get a lot of motivation by realising I suck at things as well (relative to my standards).

I'm developing levels of consciousness that relate to the overall idea here.

Otherwise honesty and seeking accuracy is really huge for me. And never making excuses for complacency, there should be no finish line until death, gotta keep going. Pumping. Driving forward.

Edited by possibilities

The 80/20 Rule.  Find the 20% of the things you're doing that's giving you 80% of your results.  This will help you identify the fluff in your schedule.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

These kinda realizations have helped me the most, embodying, embracing, behaving as nature itself, simple, gentle, like a wave flowing divinely. Directing from "thought" to "feeling" like described below is very powerful!

20190717-155504.jpg
20190717-155516.jpg

Don't Think, Feel - Bruce Lee

B R E A T H E

Understanding that people do what they do to ultimately be happy. What seems crazy to me may be completely normal to them because that's the way the have been brought up and they don't know any other way. 

Since this realization I have not been able to get angry at people. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Meditation and Shadow Work

Dont look at me! Look inside!

This might sounds silly, but the best thing I have done that has lead to the most growth was:

- Re-defining my values.

Before then, I was doing things mostly based on my parents values, and what they would want me to do. I was also doing a lot of things that my friends and society at large valued too. 

Once I started looking into what really leads to happiness and long-term fulfilment, my life turned around drastically. I started creating my future instead of following what everyone else was telling me. Values are so important, as they drive your beliefs and behaviours, shaping your life right in front of you.

I am really passionate about this if you couldn't tell xD

- Changing my beliefs 

-self-compasion/acceptance

-feeling my emotions non judgmentally

These have made me a much more confident person and has improved my life dramatically. 

10 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Visualization as a re-programming technique

Good one! 

In my case, it was going to a qualified and experienced psychoanalyst.

In my first consultation with her, she assertively said that I need to medication. I was in a moment of my life in which I was heavily into stage Green (yoga, veganism, meditation, etc); and I thought medication was evil and it would block my chakras.

Little did I know, I had clinical depression -- which is what really blocks the chakras. I am very grateful for her for "breaking the spell" of my own psychophobia (https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Psychophobia). I somehow thought having clinical depression would make me less "spiritually evolved"... 

And I thought all psychiatrist were "low consciousness". Well, to be fair, most of them suck. But the one I found saved my life

Edited by kag101

one day this will all be memories

Hatha Yoga, Martial Arts, Reading & Studying, Meditation, Chakra work, Psychoanalysis, Psychedelics.

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

Do Nothing meditation. I've been doing it every day (approx. 3 hours) for the past year while walking my dog, and my growth and sense of well-being has been absolutely incredible. It's the perfect way to calm a neurotic mind, and it's also very enjoyable.

I am myself, heaven and hell.

I have been practicing self development to better myself for around a year and a half now seriously.ive been off and on for at least 10 years but this is the first year where i apply everything i learn and dont rush and really get the experiences of life.The one thing i can say definitely was the most and is the most useful self improvement tool i have implemented is meditating and thanking the creator for all of the things i am grateful of every morning.

Edited by Laz
Typo

Eliminating distractions.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

• Unbias judgement..
  • and playing with dualities X opposites...