Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SQAAD

How Do You Distinguish Truth from Delusion when Tripping on Psychedelics?

34 posts in this topic

When i am tripping everything feels so real and truthful but afterwards i start questioning many things and also oberve some delusions. This has made me doubtful about the psychedelic spiritual path .

Any insights would be highly appreciated.

Edited by SQAAD

Inspect yourself. Be willing to be attentive to what you are being inattentive to. Notice you are what is unchanging, and thus making the distinction between tripping and not tripping. “Prove”, for yourself, that you are not tripping right now. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Know thyself without psychedelics first, then do psychedelics.

B R E A T H E

How do you distinguish between Truth and Delusion while “sober”?

7 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

How do you distinguish between Truth and Delusion while “sober”?

How do you distinguish between Truth and Delusion while sober & also while tripping. 

@SQAAD Psychedelics are nothing but truth. So is sobriety. The problem here is you start having thoughts and attach them to the experiences. It's the interpretation. It's the concept game to be careful of. The experience itself never lies. Strip all concept and see what's there

2 hours ago, SQAAD said:

How do you distinguish between Truth and Delusion while sober & also while tripping. 

As long as you are seeing/knowing anything other than yourself, there is always room for delusion

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

The Absolute is Absolute.

But you won't understand this until you do.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

7 hours ago, SQAAD said:

When i am tripping everything feels so real and truthful but afterwards i start questioning many things and also oberve some delusions. This has made me doubtful about the psychedelic spiritual path .

Any insights would be highly appreciated.

It is indeed very possible to become deluded while tripping. That's why it's important to reflect on your insights and experience afterwords. It's not all TRUTH - some of it is patterns you saw where in fact there were none, some will be of exaggerated significance, some of it will be so muddled and incoherent that you can't even explain it to yourself let alone anyone else, and so on. On the other hand, there are some gems in there that are invaluable, and that could be very hard to come to without psychedelics.

At the end of the day, you just have to be the judge of that for yourself. I think it naturally becomes apparent in the days afterwords. As you sift through the sands of your experience, there will be some gold nuggets that you're going to want to retain, integrate and build on. And be prepared for some bat shit crazy nonsense you can toss!

I think it's important to keep an open mind - to the possibility of big things you didn't see before you tripped, and to the possibility that the content of your trip was utter bullshit.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

Ultimately the only thing that's required to reach the truth is a genuine, unwavering desire to know the truth -- not your ideas of the truth or what is convenient and pleasant for you, but the actual truth, whatever it is, whatever the cost.

If you have that intention, then you will ultimately reach the truth. And anything shy of that will not take you to the deepest levels.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Every spiritual path or practice has it's pitfalls, challenges, ups, downs, delusions, etc. I can really relate to what you posted op after having a really horrible, for lack of a better word "traumatic" trip last week. Sometimes things don't make sense and trying to force an answer goes nowhere. Just accept there are delusions sometimes and work with what you feel/think is best. Allow yourself to fear and feel all the bad stuff and delusions. It's okay to just sit still or lie down and feel what you're feeling. 

Also, every mind is different. People have mental illness and stuff that can come up which can hinder making deep spiritual progress and changes. Everyone is unique so don't think you're doing anything wrong. We all have different paradigms. Psychadelics are kind of like the lottery and life. There is always a tiny chance of anything happening while on them. You can have other stuff you have to work through that's better to be done without psychadelics. 

EVERY so called insight, is not the truth, but a thought.

There can be certain relative 'insights' that are relatively true for your life, like: 'oh because my mom was so mean, that influenced my conditioned behavior into being mean', which is about relative cause and effect, you can also say:  'yeah, that had something to do with it, but also, a bird shit on my head when I was 12 and that also didn't help', that's then also relatively true.

That you/reality is non-dual, that you cannot split reality in half, that you are it, is the real logos, which leads to self-worth, respect, love, empowerment. 

In my opinion don't count out the delusions. There is nothing wasted. Just don't take them as truth at face value. Take them as symbolism to be worked out. When I am experiencing delusions on psychedelic it is very similar to dreaming. Therefore it's all symbolism for your psyche. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

12 minutes ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

EVERY so called insight, is not the truth, but a thought.

This is false.

Insight goes beyond thought.

But also thought can carry truth, and must itself be a part of Truth, otherwise it could not exist.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

This is false.

But also thought can carry truth, and must itself be a part of Truth, otherwise it could not exist.

False. Map is not the territory. Words can only point to the truth, but are not the truth itself.

There will be a point, when you will no longer need to chase insights, and will instead just be. 

1 hour ago, whoareyou said:

False. Map is not the territory. Words can only point to the truth, but are not the truth itself.

There will be a point, when you will no longer need to chase insights, and will instead just be. 

The map exists inside of the territory. It cannot exist anywhere else because there is nowhere else. The territory is everything, including all maps. Words can point to the truth, and are the truth.

What is the truth?

Edited by Truth Addict

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

This is false.

The only thing I could think of, would be when you can see when a being's behavior is genuine or not.. or is right for you.

That's a sort of insight that is beyond thought, a direct seeing,

but an insight related to 'my knowing' is just relative theory.