Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kindayellow

Does anyone else fall asleep to Leo's videos?

22 posts in this topic

Not in a sense of them being boring and me drowning out, i mean In the sense I play a video I find interesting, and it keeps my mind occupied on listening so well I forget about the need to want to sleep, and I always end up remembering the first maybe 7 minutes of a video when I go to rewatch it at a further point in time.

Just me?

Don't blame a clown for acting like a clown, ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.

I love Leo's videos but i indeed have used them to help me fall asleep ?

This is a bannable offense. On your deathbed you shall be haunted by the demons of self-actualization :P

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura LOL!

Your stuff is the best dude.  I mean better than Ken Wilber..Peter Ralston..all of em.  Better than books on Quantum physics or history. 

Literally in between your stuff i found the Teaching Company aka The Great Courses which is great in between the deep stuff :)

But your the best.  Wish there was more to he honest.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Well i take that back.

I can listen to your stuff over and over and learn something new everytime.

So if you ever decide to go live in a cave  please let me know so i continue your greatness.

But don't let that go to your ego :) remember non duality and you have a gift of teaching really well.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Leo Gura oops???

Don't blame a clown for acting like a clown, ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.

I listen to them while I make art. Get out some colored pencils or paint and entertain your hands while you listen. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Leo's videos are extremely long, science says that we cannot focus during long periods of time so the brain goes in sleep mode

@Moreira i put them on purely with the intention to fall asleep to, but I always enjoy the first few minutes of content

I'm able to watch whole 6 hours about nonduality... if you can appreciate what's he talking about you can find that much more interesting... Without Leo I'd be stuck in stage Blue/Orange for my whole life... He has helped me with integration with both masculine and feminine... he has helped me with finding (no)meaning (aka being) in my life... without Leo I'd be such a different person...

@kindayellow Do you listen to them on your bed?

That’s how my laptop is set up, right by my bed, and its hard to focus when you’re watching things right in the place where you sleep every night.

Although this hasn’t happened to me a lot in the past, I was always able to put an hour or two aside and focus on the whole video while taking notes. Also it might be better to listen to the podcast version while you’re outside or something.

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

I was falling asleep while listening to a video last night, not because the video was boring, but because my energy was drained and it was late. Instead, I closed my eyes, leaned back, and listened to the words. Probably not the most effective method of gleaning the truth from the video, but it was better than not listening at all. 

Unfortunately, I only got about 15 minutes in before I had to crash. But it was an interesting experience.

The first step on a spiritual journey is to realize that everything you know to be true could be false.
The final step is the same.

-=+=-

I download mp3 podcast and playing in my car. Never boring, sometimes funny.

I drove through a town filled with people while listening '30 ways society fucks you in the ass' and my perspective shifted when observing people on the streets. :)

Chimp in the suits.
Chimp in the dress.
Chimp waiting at the red light.
Chimp driving car.
Chimp on the bicycle.
And, oh I'm a just another chimp listening another chimp.

7 hours ago, mandyjw said:

I listen to them while I make art. Get out some colored pencils or paint and entertain your hands while you listen. 

You win!

I've fallen asleep dozens of times to the videos lol. Its a classic self-deception.. "ya lets listen to Sameness vs difference at 10pm after an 8 hour shift in bed" .

But at least it gets absorbed into my subconscious.

not because they're boring, its just that im so busy the only time i have to watch them is in my sleep :D

@7thLetter yeah, I used to put on sounds of rainfall and stuff to sleep to, but for the most part, watching Leo is a very relaxing experience for me. It's not an issue though lol, I was just curious if anyone else did the same thing

It all depends on how interested you are in the subject, it also could be an ego-defense mechanism. If you are really passionate/interested in something, you can stay awake for days but never force yourself to watch everything he uploads, just follow what videos are most attractive to you at the time being. What is most attractive to you is interlinked with your growth.

B R E A T H E