LoveandPurpose

I'm always tired

19 posts in this topic

Although I slept ~12 hours yesterday to catch up on lack of sleep, started my day with exercising (running, stretching, lifting), then took a cold shower and ate a healthy meal I still feel some tiredness in me.

I also take vitamin pills and eat vegan.

I seems that even when I get enough sleep I am still tired. What could be the cause and how do I fix it?

Edited by LoveandPurpose

@LoveandPurpose

Spill the beans ❣️ 

You have significant resistant thinking going on. Desire is naturally guiding, thoughts & perspectives in self doubt are ‘pushing back’. This is internally very exhausting.  It’s like driving somewhere, then putting the car in reverse, then driving forward, then reverse....over and over. Got some things to let go of. This is a good place for that.

What is it you desire?

and can you express the resistant thinking? 

When & who does this resistant thinking trace back to? When did it start? What’s it really about / what perspective about yourself needs to be let go of / loved right out of you? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Start to get yourself on a daily routine.  You might benefit from having an accountability partner.  

On 06/04/2019 at 11:04 AM, LoveandPurpose said:

what pills are you taking? do you mean B12 supplement? 

You could genuinely be under-eating, this is a common problem with many vegans. Do you know your protein intake and general caloric intake? 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I have the exact same story as you my man. It's really frustrating since I can only meditate half the time without falling asleep.

But I think @Nahm could be right on this one. I have had pretty bad repressive/resistant behavior patterns since I was basically a child, and now that I'm more aware of it I am like a big sleepy baby.

Might want to look inward, try your best to bring mindfulness to every facet of your life, it's the only way you're going to figure out what's causing problems for you.

@LoveandPurpose Are you a guy or girl? If you're a guy, start NoFap. Since i've been doing it I haven't once needed to nap throughout the day. Before, fatigue was always an issue for me. 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

On 4/6/2019 at 6:04 AM, LoveandPurpose said:

Using only the information you posted, I would say this is the culprit. 

Hard to tell. Could be a thyroid issue. Could be too much sleep. Could be insufficient vitamins (lack of protein). Could be sleep debt that you are catching up on and one day simply wasn't enough. Could be a sleep disorder.

Not enough info.

Edited by noip

6 hours ago, Shiva said:

Why are most vegans not tired then?

I think this is clearly the culprit.

Quoting from a respectable source:

"Research bears out the connection between too much sleep and too little energy. It appears that any significant deviation from normal sleep patterns can upset the body's rhythms and increase daytime fatigue. The best solution is to figure out how many hours of sleep are right for you and then stick with it — even on weekends, vacations, and holidays." (source: https://www.health.harvard.edu/healthbeat/are-you-tired-from-too-much-sleep)

Before you change anything, stop sleeping for 12 hours. That's an insane amount of sleep. I sleep half of that.

His title says that he is always tired. In my experience, sleeping 12 hours one time isn't going to make you very tired. I'd also say, no one naturally sleeps for 12 hours everyday unless something is up. I naturally wake up from 8:30 - 9 hours of sleep, that's the perfect amount for me.

It could very well be that his sleeping schedule is inconsistent, but he says he is always tired.

And I am not sure, I'd make a guess that a lot of strict vegans are actually tired, they just deny it and use sugar to keep themselves lifted. Hard to say for sure though. 

Edited by SgtPepper

9 hours ago, Shiva said:

Why are most vegans not tired then?

I think this is clearly the culprit.

Quoting from a respectable source:

"Research bears out the connection between too much sleep and too little energy. It appears that any significant deviation from normal sleep patterns can upset the body's rhythms and increase daytime fatigue. The best solution is to figure out how many hours of sleep are right for you and then stick with it — even on weekends, vacations, and holidays." (source: https://www.health.harvard.edu/healthbeat/are-you-tired-from-too-much-sleep)

Before you change anything, stop sleeping for 12 hours. That's an insane amount of sleep. I sleep half of that.

Could be...

nutritional deficiencies can cause sleeping problems and fatigue too. 

@LoveandPurpose

If you are vegan, watch out for yor daily protein, iron, vitamin B12 and omega 3 intake. Vitamin B12 should definitely be supplemented as it is not found in herbal products. I recommend you to take spirulina, chlorella or hemp powder as a supplement to a healthy vegan diet, too. 

Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.

On 4/7/2019 at 1:52 PM, Nahm said:

@LoveandPurpose

Spill the beans ❣️ 

You have significant resistant thinking going on. Desire is naturally guiding, thoughts & perspectives in self doubt are ‘pushing back’. This is internally very exhausting.  It’s like driving somewhere, then putting the car in reverse, then driving forward, then reverse....over and over. Got some things to let go of. This is a good place for that.

What is it you desire?

and can you express the resistant thinking? 

When & who does this resistant thinking trace back to? When did it start? What’s it really about / what perspective about yourself needs to be let go of / loved right out of you? 

well got damn, went to this thread to get food advice, instead it got deep really quickly O.o this is some good stuff, it would be good as a journaling prompt

Go do bloodwork to see if you have sufficient b12 and iron levels. 

If those are fine, make sure your circadian rhythm is in check. The circadian rhythm controls almost every process in your body so it’s key to get it right. Use blue light blocking glasses two hours before bed and make sure you get bright light first thing in the morning.

You can also research autophagy, hormesis and low level movement. These are all important as well. 

Also make sure you are not eating too little. Too low calories will totally wreck your energy and some vegans tend to have this problem since the food is so filling.

Ari whitten and selfhacked.com are awesome resources when it comes to health and energy so maybe check them out as well.

You're vegan and you lift weights.

There is the problem.

Vegan and weight lifting dont mix for most people. Sorry.

Unless you've been veagn for 5+ years and youre just recently noticing this lack of energy, its your diet.

Idol Portal refuses to train with vegans due to their low energy.

Contemplate your ideology and reasoning behind being a veagan. To fit in with your other friends? Because everyone else is doing it? To show me what a healthy and morale and enlightened person you are and how much better you are?

If being a vegan is non negotiable and you really did believe in it, you wouldnt feel the need to post it in your answer.

That would be akin to saying "Im out of energy all the time. I exercise. But Im also Christian."

Solution is begin having meat again. Go have a double quarter pounder at McDonalds and if you feel stronger its your diet that is the issue.

Make sure you are drinking enough water.

Large numbers of people are walking around all day dehydrated, i reckon.

I’ve made drinking water a priority, i carry a water bottle around everywhere and sip throughout the day. Gets refilled 2-3 times depending on activity level.

it’s early days yet and there are other confounding variables i need to get to grips with but i’ve been feeling better thus far.

Op can you tell esxactly and detailed what you eat?

Additional food for thought,,,, or thought for food,,,,

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn