Preetom

The Way Leo Often Talks About God/Absolute

135 posts in this topic

Man, that guy acts as elusive as Bigfoot towards me ?

Edited by Ethankahn

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Good chatting with you.  I like your respectful and thoughtful vibe.  It inspires me to be more that way myself instead of a know-it-all ass, which I can be sometimes haha.

1 hour ago, Ethankahn said:

@Joseph Maynor Great chatting with you as well! I always enjoy others’ perspectives so no worries, I’ll accept you no matter what 

Nice positive conversation :)

@Preetom

It's only possible on a 24/7 constant basis when you've seen the hollow/void nature of all objective experience or knowledge. The entire thread of perception containing a subject perceiving an object is burnt to ashes, never to be reformulated again.

I ain't stopping self-inquiry until that level of recontexualization takes place down to my bones.

Well... I'm just saying at some point the practice of self-inquiry (or whatever practice) itself will become the obstacle. Self-inquiry will take you as far as I-I, which is what you described as a non-localized awareness. You must build enough intensity within you and give up the practice and merge with awareness at the right time. 

Whatever you are pointing to, it may be technically right and fun to talk about but it's impractical. Because 'I' cannot choose to make that jump. It can only happen by a moment of grace. Thus it is said that the actual moment of enlightenment is always an accident. All I can do, is to stick to the technique vigilantly.

No it's not impractical to talk about it. Without knowing it, you will keep staying with the "I-I". You must surrender instead. What is impractical is the belief that "I" cannot make that jump and that it has to come with a moment of grace. While technically true, the grace is going to come from within you anyways. If you have that belief in you, better to burn it away with the power of awareness (as you described). Why? Because you don't know how grace looks like. You are just expecting something magical to appear before you and grant you self-realization. But if you expect to appear in a particular form (even you yourself don't know what that from exactly is!), you will miss the mark when it happens. 

So how does one surrender if the statement is paradoxical? Well through intensity. By that I mean creating a highly intense longing, love, and devotion of liberation. By doing Kriya or kundalini yoga and literally imagining your energies rising from the base of the spine to the top of your head. That's just one example. 

@Leo Gura hmmm, i don’t get „infinity is zero“ completely. does it rather mean nothing is infinite or rather mean there is no infiniti or rather mean the number is infinite - that’s rather paradoxical, isn’t it @Joseph Maynor can you grab that?

from inside the paradox you can’t see it’s a paradox. you are zero infinitely but at the same time you are infinite truth what is ♾.

you don’t see it because you are in it.

it’s one thing to formulate something linear and another thing being in the paradox behind it.

Edited by now is forever

7 minutes ago, now is forever said:

@Leo Gura hmmm, i don’t get „infinity is zero“ completely. does it rather mean nothing is infinite or rather mean there is no infiniti or rather mean the number is infinite - that’s rather paradoxical, isn’t it @Joseph Maynor can you grab that?

from inside the paradox you can’t see it’s a paradox. you are zero infinitely but at the same time you are infinite truth what is ♾.

you don’t see it because you are in it.

it’s one thing to formulate something linear and another thing being in the paradox behind it.

I get it, I just don't see how it's relevant to Enlightenment work.

3 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I get it, I just don't see how it's relevant to Enlightenment work.

is love relevant? to whom is truth relevant? to whom is enlightenment relevant? what is relevant at all joseph? meaning and meaninglessness are very relevant to enlightenment work.

Just now, now is forever said:

is love relevant? to whom is truth relevant? to whom is enlightenment relevant? what is relevant at all joseph? meaning and meaninglessness are very relevant to enlightenment work.

I think all this stuff is only relevant to the extent that it improves the quality of your life, including but not limited to Enlightenment work.

@Joseph Maynor You know, i'm taking the same approach as you joseph, so i totally understand where your coming from, i've decided that i don't think liberation is for me, so i'm participating more in a merger of the two worlds together. But you understand yourself that what your saying is a mix of both worlds. 

but when most people talk they are going for the full shabang

Infinity has no end. Zero has no beginning. No beginning and no end. Beginning-less and endless are the same.
Whatever has a beginning,has an end. Whatever has an end,has a beginning.
What has no beginning,has no end. What has no end,has no beginning.
That which is unchanging,has always been and will always be. Has no beginning and no end.

Edited by who chit

18 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I think all this stuff is only relevant to the extent that it improves the quality of your life, including but not limited to Enlightenment work.

who’s life? leo’s life?your life? my life? everyones life? where is the limit, i can’t see it.

1 minute ago, now is forever said:

who’s life? leo’s life?your life? my life? everyones life? where is the limit, i can’t see it.

Your life.  Only your life is right under your nose.

Just now, Joseph Maynor said:

Your life.  Only your life is right under your nose.

yes i know, but it includes you now.

22 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@Joseph Maynor You know, i'm taking the same approach as you joseph, so i totally understand where your coming from, i've decided that i don't think liberation is for me, so i'm participating more in a merger of the two worlds together. But you understand yourself that what your saying is a mix of both worlds. 

but when most people talk they are going for the full shabang

Thanks for this.  I will consider this carefully.  Nice insight.

28 minutes ago, who chit said:

Infinity has no end. Zero has no beginning. No beginning and no end. Beginning-less and endless are the same.
Whatever has a beginning,has an end. Whatever has an end,has a beginning.
What has no beginning,has no end. What has no end,has no beginning.
That which is unchanging,has always been and will always be. Has no beginning and no end.

thank you ? 

14 hours ago, Preetom said:

Leo is well aware that Truth cannot be communicated. But why such conviction behind the words and taking them dead seriously?

@Preetom Leo has not given up his mind just yet. It's too precious to a philosopher.
He's got mountains of knowledge to burn through. Haven't you gone through the chatty phase yourself?
Imagine going through that with 20 years worth of contemporary philosophy.
Just try to imagine the sound of all of that crumbling to dust while connecting to oneness.

Shit, I just can't wait for the final upload. It's gonna be magnificent.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

10 minutes ago, tsuki said:

@Preetom Leo has not given up his mind just yet. It's too precious to a philosopher.
He's got mountains of knowledge to burn through. Haven't you gone through the chatty phase yourself?
Just try to imagine the sound of all of that crumbling to dust while connecting to oneness.

what final upload - you are scaring me! and probably not only me..... @Shin where are you when we need you?

Edited by now is forever

21 minutes ago, tsuki said:

Yep.  I didn't burn through that until I was around 39 years old.

2 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Yep.  I didn't burn through that until I was around 39 years old.

Hey, I didn't sign up for a soap opera of this length.
Leo is around 30. Have some faith man.
Maybe he'll read your journals and speed things up? :D

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

17 minutes ago, now is forever said:

what final upload - you are scaring me! and probably not only me..... @Shin where are you when we need you?

What are you talking about mate ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them