Preetom

The Way Leo Often Talks About God/Absolute

135 posts in this topic

Hey @Leo Gura, this is for you. I said some of what I'm about to say in this thread. Just wanted to thank you for your most recent video on you, "Becoming God." You showed tears of joy. Ok, good. Glad you're really happy with your retreat. I have to be honest here. Right now, you seem really redundant. I'm not hearing any new info. Just like the OP, I'm not trying to judge or criticize. I'm just trying to be honest. And, I also want to point out that we did disagree on this book. You said that Dr. Weiss is stage green while I ranked him as yellow. I highly, highly doubt that he's green considering the context of the book. Have you read it? Ask yourself, have the 'Masters' in the book achieved Nirvana after their death? I put him as a yellow and not a turquoise because he didn't go into how that relates to enlightenment. I think you haven't thought about this. Anyway, if I have more to say, I might as well say it on my life purpose. There's a lot more freedom to plan it out there.

38 minutes ago, FoxFoxFox said:

@Preetom Well let me say this then: is there any identification? It should be really easy to answer.

The clear seeing hasn't settled completely yet and thus it seems flickering. So yeah, I'm not enlightened. Habitual identification to form continues in different situations.

Like today people kept calling "my" name but I didn't respond because I didn't recognize at as my own.

A total absence of identification. 

It's only possible on a 24/7 constant basis when you've seen the hollow/void nature of all objective experience or knowledge. The entire thread of perception containing a subject perceiving an object is burnt to ashes, never to be reformulated again.

I ain't stopping self-inquiry until that level of recontexualization takes place down to my bones.

If you believe in an "I" that is not localized, you are still identifying with that I.

I or "I am" is not the end of the search. Void is. 

You want to merge with pure being, not subtly objectify it as an "I".

Whatever you are pointing to, it may be technically right and fun to talk about but it's impractical. Because 'I' cannot choose to make that jump. It can only happen by a moment of grace. Thus it is said that the actual moment of enlightenment is always an accident. All I can do, is to stick to the technique vigilantly.

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

59 minutes ago, Highest said:

Someone? Indeed, no such thing.  I and everything is what I am conscious of: the non-dual aka God. God is Infinite due, so a someone is included as God. That (God) which I am conscious of is Apsolute Infinity and Apsolute Infinity is That which I am conscious of. It cannot be otherwise. I realized this sober like 2 hours ago while walking down a street.

man is your 'b' key broken or what? xD 

@now is forever: everyone only looks at p while no one knows b :ph34r:

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

2 hours ago, Mu_ said:

Your still on the truth of a realization about silence and the ineffability of it. But there’s more and more 

Yes. Let me get that in and out first. Then I can look out again if something still feels 'missing' :D

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

2 hours ago, Mu_ said:

Your still on the truth of a realization about silence and the ineffability of it. But there’s more and more 

This is kind of pretentious, no?  Whose "more and more"?  That's like saying, "that's alright bubs, one day you're get it."

Edited by Joseph Maynor

3 hours ago, Preetom said:

The way Leo talks about the Absolute- I mean things like infinity, god, how a chair is infinite, how the 20 years old memory still existing now, how his human body is literally God's body etc and etc; don't these declarations subtly imply the existence of an independent universe with strict laws and regulations out of which nothing exist?

It all exists as nothingness/emptiness.

It exists sort of like a hologram in Star Wars. Here it is, but its substance is nothing.

What I was describing was how the infinite hologram works.

The illusion does exist. Otherwise you wouldn't see, hear, or feel anything. Form exists. It's just that form and formlessness are one. And form is always changing from the human POV while formlessness does not change.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

32 minutes ago, Preetom said:

man is your 'b' key broken or what? xD 

@now is forever: everyone only looks at p while no one knows b :ph34r:

O.o yeah that sounds about right in a really brofound way. the apsolute, no one knows b

Edited by now is forever

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It all exists as nothingness/emptiness.

It exists sort of like a hologram in Star Wars. Here it is, but its substance is nothing.

What I was describing was how the infinite hologram works.

The illusion does exist. Otherwise you wouldn't see, hear, or feel anything. Form exists.

Could you elaborate a bit more on this?
Do you mean that Reality is nothing, but it appears as something? Thus the appearance is NEVER the Reality.

If form/illusion/appearance 'exists', while God/nothing is the only existence; doesn't that mean that God cannot BE without a form? If that is the case, then what happens in deep sleep? Is deep sleep devoid of existence?

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

7 minutes ago, now is forever said:

O.o yeah that sounds about right in a really brofound way. the apsolute 

laugh2.jpg

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

6 minutes ago, Preetom said:

Do you mean that Reality is nothing, but it appears as something? Thus the appearance is NEVER the Reality.

If form/illusion/appearance 'exists', while God/nothing is the only existence; doesn't that mean that God cannot BE without a form? If that is the case, then what happens in deep sleep? Is deep sleep devoid of existence?

Sounds like you are trying to resolve a paradox that doesn't need to be resolved. 

3 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

Sounds like you are trying to resolve a paradox that doesn't need to be resolved. 

If the universe is 100% comprehensible, it can be resolved. And also I am not probing about God or some other fantastical idea. I am probing about the nature of experience, which everyone of us have and have nothing else but that

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Preetom its ironic, the most profound thing i've heard today from leo are two things, i'm only going to mention 1, but its amazing how hard it is to get a grasp of infinite power, form exists as god, so god is form, it is hologram illusory i think he's trying to say and not illusory in the way to word means it. 

can you image your hand only as a hologram, that looks real, this is what i meant by reality being inside a massive brain, where anything can be imagined into existance, almost instantly. deep sleep exists in the reality, inside god, so where you think this physical world is seperate from the dream like state, well in fact they are exactly constructed of the same thing, consciousness or god or the holographic illusion 

3 minutes ago, Preetom said:

If the universe is 100% comprehensible, it can be resolved. And also I am not probing about God or some other fantastical idea. I am probing about the nature of experience, which everyone of us have and have nothing else but that

The nature of experience is simply God. Experience IS God. It's substance is itself aka God. Since God is Nothingness and formless one can only become aware or conscious of God. There is nothing else.

15 minutes ago, Preetom said:

the answer to this is yes and no. you know that - there can’t be another answer. as form and illusion coexist in endless meaning and meaninglessness. meaning/nothingness and form are interconnected in an endless conversation.

@now is forever leo's new profound insights however show that nothing is not meaningless, its happening perfectly as should be, to maximise the benefit to all things. ironically the second thing i found most profound today. 

Just now, Aakash said:

@now is forever leo's new profound insights however show that nothing is not meaningless, its happening perfectly as should be, to maximise the benefit to all things. ironically the second thing i found most profound today. 

ididnt say nothing/meaninglessness, did i?

3 minutes ago, now is forever said:

the answer to this is yes and no.

220px-Sadhguru-Jaggi-Vasudev.jpg

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Since reality is emptiness (formless) it can embrace/hold/contain all forms.and since all forms are born out of emptiness and return to emptiness;'they are of the essence of emptiness. "Emptiness of essence,” means that phenomena [that we experience] have no inherent nature by themselves.”

Hence the saying "emptiness is form,form is emptiness".

14 minutes ago, now is forever said:

as form and illusion coexist in endless meaning and meaninglessness. meaning/nothingness

is this not the same thing ? form is nothing and meaning and meaningless